U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-14-2012, 07:37 PM
 
1,637 posts, read 1,702,659 times
Reputation: 1227

Advertisements

no longer need their help?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-14-2012, 07:39 PM
 
1,684 posts, read 1,031,118 times
Reputation: 349
Liberals feel sorry for the world.

They don't give a flying FAWK about their own.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2012, 08:58 PM
 
33,415 posts, read 29,585,279 times
Reputation: 19928
its all about power. if you can convince enough people that you are in their corner, and that you will do everything you can to give them free stuff, you too can be constantly reelected to congress, or other public office, and thus you gain power. in order to keep that power however, you need to constantly convince these people that you are the one giving them the free stuff and fighting for them in what ever political office you want to hold.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2012, 10:32 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
75,574 posts, read 39,171,377 times
Reputation: 17079
* You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging
thrift.
* You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
* You cannot help little men by tearing down big men.
* You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the
wage payer.
* You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
* You cannot establish sound security on borrowed money.
* You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting
class hatred.
* You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than
you earn.
* You cannot build character and courage by destroying
mens initiative and independence.
* And you cannot help men permanently by doing for them
what they can and should do for themselves.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 02:24 AM
 
3,740 posts, read 2,762,851 times
Reputation: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
no longer need their help?
Because people who no longer need help, are no longer dependent, i.e. beholden, to DemocRATS.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 02:26 AM
 
3,740 posts, read 2,762,851 times
Reputation: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
* You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging
thrift.
* You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
* You cannot help little men by tearing down big men.
* You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the
wage payer.
* You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
* You cannot establish sound security on borrowed money.
* You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting
class hatred.
* You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than
you earn.
* You cannot build character and courage by destroying
mens initiative and independence.
* And you cannot help men permanently by doing for them
what they can and should do for themselves.
Positively Brilliant.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 02:27 AM
 
Location: Lincoln, CA
505 posts, read 1,550,621 times
Reputation: 540
People no longer needing help can't be measured that's why. Would you seriously say, "no stop giving me money please, I don't need it any more."
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 09:25 AM
 
33,031 posts, read 24,052,850 times
Reputation: 8993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Because people who no longer need help, are no longer dependent, i.e. beholden, to DemocRATS.

Many people cycle in and out of dependency, so many who "no longer need help" will return later for more help. The existence of a large number of people who cycle on and off welfare was one issue of contention in welfare reform, and helped both sides spin the issue in their respective ways.

I move from year to year between the top of the bottom quintile and the bottom of the next quintile, while never actually getting ahead.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 10:21 AM
 
2,003 posts, read 1,404,368 times
Reputation: 1099
Actually, we tend to use the number of people who need help as a measure of conservative success. The number of such people who actually get help, as well as the number of people who no longer need it, is what we view as a sign of our success.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 11:12 AM
 
3,740 posts, read 2,762,851 times
Reputation: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Many people cycle in and out of dependency, so many who "no longer need help" will return later for more help. The existence of a large number of people who cycle on and off welfare was one issue of contention in welfare reform, and helped both sides spin the issue in their respective ways.

I move from year to year between the top of the bottom quintile and the bottom of the next quintile, while never actually getting ahead.
One day, you'll probably get hooked, and that will be it. Aotheer captive for DemocRATS. It is sad, because, as an American, you deserve to do better (not to be GIVEN better, but to DO better).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top