Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 07:57 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
Congratulations unbrainwashed you get a gold medal for dropping to a new low in race card playing. Who cares about dead white kids when the real story here is the racist media! Those lucky kids getting all this attention .... almost as much as Trayvon Martin. You should drop the "un" from your name. It takes a warped, perverse person to come up with a petty personal gripe out of this.
I'm guessing you've never taken a sociology or psychology class before? My my, you can't have a discussion on this forum without people getting all emotionally charged and irrational. Sorry if you refuse to accept that the media loves a white tragedy more than a non-white one. Maybe you should read up on what Missing White Woman Syndrome is instead of getting all emotional and bent out of shape. Well, what can we expect? This is P&OC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 08:00 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
So, then, I stand by my argument I made in a previous topic. Americans just love a good tragedy
I fail to see any love towards this tragedy.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:07 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
Quote:
I'm just tying this tragedy in with the Casey Anthony story. This was my inspiration for this topic, it applies to a lot of news stories

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missin...woman_syndrome
There's really nothing to tie together because they're completely different incidents.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:09 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,146,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
When was the last time the killing of 20 black kids in a school was ignored?
Apparently, 20 black and Hispanic kindergarteners are killed in mass shootings every day, but we don't hear about it because the media doesn't care.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:14 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Well heck, 150,000 die every day.

When Israel nukes Iran I hope that liberal media isn't covering the story and crying about a million dead Iranians. That's barely a week's worth.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:15 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,245,013 times
I took those classes probably before you were in diapers. Sorry to be ageist but you sound immature. What are you about 18 or so? I hope so. As far as the media is concerned I don't disagree that some stories get more attention than others. Who cares? Maybe BET or one of the Spanish channels can come up with a news program that highlights all the nonwhite tragedies that you allege are being brushed under the rug. Or you can start your own news website. That's the great thing about the internet, nobody is forced to get their news from a single source.
If you were truly unbrainwashed you wouldn't be watching the hype. I'm not. I don't need to know every little detail the second they find out (only to be corrected later).
Creating a racial grievance here is tasteless and does not reflect well on you at all.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:27 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,476,898 times
Quote:
There's only one reason why P&PC is so hoopla over the school shooting, and the source is the media.
No, there is a hoopla about it because it is a tragedy. Innocent babies were killed. I don't care what the children's races were, they were innocent and killed like animals!

Quote:
Stuff like this happens everyday in black and Hispanic inner city neighborhoods, where kids stab and shoot each other because their older brother is in a rival gang or the 10 year old decided to join in with a gang that didn't click with another. Why no coverage of that? It's easy.
Actually, it does get media coverage. But these cases have happened consistently over years and years. To cure this, it is important to try to wipe away the gang culture in the area and for the community to have better economic and financial health (not necessarily money, just education and guidance).

Quote:
Most Americans that watch the news are white.
Wrong. Everyone watches the news. Their may be more white Americans watching the news if you are basing it on % of the population, but that is only because there are more whites in the country.

Quote:
They don't care what happens to blacks or Hispanics, because those are not "their" problem and not in "their" neighborhoods. This is getting the coverage that it is because the shooters were white and their victims were white in a white middle class suburban school setting, where the majority of news watchers live. So, why does the national media treat this as a tragedy, but treat black and Hispanic kids being killed left and right as a statistic that only merits mention in the local news and the FBI statistics? This is "Missing White Woman Syndrome" revised.
No. I think you are looking too hard into this. It has nothing to do with race. All of the other black people I have talked to regard this as a tragedy and are equally as saddened about the news as the rest of the nation.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:39 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
When was the last time the killing of 20 black kids in a school was ignored?
Hell, when is that last time that happened? I don't even remember an incident like this happening in a mostly black school.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:43 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
Quote:
There's only one reason why P&PC is so hoopla over the school shooting, and the source is the media. Stuff like this happens everyday in black and Hispanic inner city neighborhoods, where kids stab and shoot each other because their older brother is in a rival gang or the 10 year old decided to join in with a gang that didn't click with another. Why no coverage of that? It's easy.

Most Americans that watch the news are white. They don't care what happens to blacks or Hispanics, because those are not "their" problem and not in "their" neighborhoods. This is getting the coverage that it is because the shooters were white and their victims were white in a white middle class suburban school setting, where the majority of news watchers live. So, why does the national media treat this as a tragedy, but treat black and Hispanic kids being killed left and right as a statistic that only merits mention in the local news and the FBI statistics? This is "Missing White Woman Syndrome" revised.
Hey speaking of racist.....

Not one rapper or black athlete (aside from Lebron) whose page I liked on FB or follow on Twitter has mentioned the tragedy of Newton, CT....

Where is Al Sharpton?

Where is Jesse Jackson?

Old 12-14-2012, 08:44 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Apparently, 20 black and Hispanic kindergarteners are killed in mass shootings every day, but we don't hear about it because the media doesn't care.
BS.....

prove it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies