Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2012, 08:08 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,755,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Of course we are angry, you want us to wear badges so that you can identify us, You say we are defective. How do you think black people felt when they were treated as less than human or American Indians who were treated the same. Do you think that Jewish people liked being sent to the gas chambers for being Jewish? You are getting what you deserve, back lash for your comments. Tough!
If you are really so PROUD, why are you afraid of being identified?
You can always tell if someone is a black, or an Asian. No problem.

That being said, I agree gays should not expose their orientation in public.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:09 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
You can always tell if someone is a black, or an Asian. No problem.

That being said, I agree gays should not expose their orientation in public.
I'll stop when ALL heterosexuals do.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:13 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,524,598 times
Quote:
Maybe. Since older individuals tend to get cancer.
So what is designed by nature is not necessarily what we humans should accept now.
Cancer is not an evolutionary advantage that organisms evolved for a purpose. It's just that the machinery of the cell is very complicated and things can break down and go wrong over time considering how many of them there are. When one happens to break down and mutate in a way where its replication program is stuck in over drive and isn't listening to the controls telling it to stop it turns into cancer. Evolution rewards that which replicates the most, and in this situation its not the organisms evolving, it's the individual cells that make up the organism, and they do that to the detriment of the organism. Unfortunately, the practical nature of biology is that you can't evolve away the possibility of things breaking down and going cancerous, even with all of the anti-cancer mechanisms the body has tried to evolve which cuts down the frequency of it happening.

As for homosexuality, I don't know enough about it to know if its a defect or an aspect of human sexuality that exists for a reason. Some species do have homosexuality naturally, such as where the females have homosexual relations to strengthen social bonds and relieve stress when the males are gone. It could just as easily be do to a common birth defect having to do with androgens. I won't speculate on which we are because I don't know, haven't got alot of evidence, so I'll just leave it to the experts.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
The truth is, many homosexuals are overly-sexualized freaks, who would love it if human civilization was more like the world of the Bonobo.
I think so too.

Bononos and common chimpanzees are closely related. Therefore the promiscuity behaviors developed very recently (I mean, a few million years at most). That also proves that homosexuality can be widespread in certain primate populations, if there is no control.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:16 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
You can always tell if someone is a black, or an Asian. No problem."""

Oh, there's a problem if you need to pigeonhole people. What you're saying is that in order to express all your prejudices gays should wear a label....Blacks or Asians make it easy for you to label them on your own. What other groups do you hate??

""That being said, I agree gays should not expose their orientation in public.
So we should all wear baggy body concealing uniforms, gloves, no makeup, everyone, including men wear headscarves in public , not speak...so we can all hide our sexual orientation in public?

Why just gays???

Old 12-15-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
Cancer is not an evolutionary advantage that organisms evolved for a purpose. It's just that the machinery of the cell is very complicated and things can break down and go wrong over time considering how many of them there are. When one happens to break down and mutate in a way where its replication program is stuck in over drive and isn't listening to the controls telling it to stop it turns into cancer. Evolution rewards that which replicates the most, and in this situation its not the organisms evolving, it's the individual cells that make up the organism, and they do that to the detriment of the organism. Unfortunately, the practical nature of biology is that you can't evolve away the possibility of things breaking down and going cancerous, even with all of the anti-cancer mechanisms the body has tried to evolve which cuts down the frequency of it happening.

As for homosexuality, I don't know enough about it to know if its a defect or an aspect of human sexuality that exists for a reason. Some species do have homosexuality naturally, such as where the females have homosexual relations to strengthen social bonds and relieve stress when the males are gone. It could just as easily be do to a common birth defect having to do with androgens. I won't speculate on which we are because I don't know, haven't got alot of evidence, so I'll just leave it to the experts.
From a molecular point of view, you are right. But cancer does serve to eliminate old, weak individuals in a population, which is crucial to the survival of a species.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:18 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,252,682 times
Quote:
I agree. I would never hold another adult man's hand.
In old days, you could see that a lot.
You still do in countries that don't have open homosexuality.

In Western countries, the only time you see any sensitivity of affection between two straight males is as a joke, usually mocking gay guys.

Homophobia is just as much to blame as the gay community for this. Society needs to stop labeling people gay or not based on stereotypes.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I'll stop when ALL heterosexuals do.
Many white people are still racist. So the best strategy for blacks is to hide their face, or bleach their skin?

I mean, I agree no one needs to expose his sexual orientation. But some gays seem to be contradictory to themselves.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
You still do in countries that don't have open homosexuality.

In Western countries, the only time you see any sensitivity of affection between two straight males is as a joke, usually mocking gay guys.

Homophobia is just as much to blame as the gay community for this. Society needs to stop labeling people gay or not based on stereotypes.
It's getting worse. Nowadays men who decide to study fine arts or music are called gay, unless they prove otherwise.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:25 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Many white people are still racist. So the best strategy for blacks is to hide their face, or bleach their skin?

I mean, I agree no one needs to expose his sexual orientation. But some gays seem to be contradictory to themselves.
Some heteros do stupid crap too. Should we judge ALL heteros based on the acts of a few?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies