Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 07:07 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Well, I don't really know what the intent of the post was.

To me, it shows that before the whole gay movement came about, when people saw men holding hands with each other, it wasn't immediately associated with being gay. The pictures consistently show two men in very close quarters to each other. And the intent of the posters was to show strong friendship between men.

If those pictures came out today, the same message wouldn't be conveyed.

I mean, two men taking a shower together in 1950, not gay. Anytime more than one man is naked in the same room with another man, it feels pretty damn gay.

To a certain extent, you could say the "gay issue" has altered society. Basically, it makes men somewhat defensive that every other man around them is gay.

I was at the store earlier, and there were two women in line ahead of me. At some point when the one ahead of the other was checking out, some kind of comment was made, and each of them began talking to each other in a very kind and lighthearted way. Basically smiling and laughing at each other.

I thought, if one of them had been a man, they probably wouldn't have been able to have that kind of friendly, playful, but casual conversation with each other, because they didn't know each other. Being friendly to someone of the same sex is perfectly acceptable behavior. Being friendly to someone of the opposite sex a lot of times seems like flirting.

If a large percentage of women were lesbians, I think women would be less likely to be very talkative with people they don't know. Because you wouldn't want to convey the wrong message to someone you have no concept of their orientation.

It almost makes me wish that gay people had to wear a badge on their arms, so we know who is gay and who isn't. And they should have their own restrooms and showers. Then maybe their existence wouldn't be so worrisome.
We should wear a badge so our existence wouldn't be so worrisome?

WTF!!!

Try doing things like us females have had to do forever. If someone hits on you and you aren't interested, tell them you aren't interested.

If you are worried about someone seeing your penis in a bathroom, go into a stall.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:09 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
So gays are communists?

looks like another ID 10 T error.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:16 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
I thought everyone can see this...
The posters were made in 1960s and people did not know about homosexuality. So these posters were considered normal and had nothing to do with gay.
LOLOLOLOL!!!!

Good grief , I used to JOKE about people who thought homosexuality was invented in the 60's but they actually exist!!!!

LOLOLOomygawdLOLOLOLOL

Betta...I just hardly know how to post this but people DID know about gays loooonnng before the 60's , even the first 60's....

Old 12-15-2012, 08:02 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
The posters were made in 1960s and people did not know about homosexuality. So these posters were considered normal and had nothing to do with gay.
People didn't know about homosexuality in the 1960s?

What?

Old 12-15-2012, 08:04 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:

To me, it shows that before the whole gay movement came about, when people saw men holding hands with each other, it wasn't immediately associated with being gay. The pictures consistently show two men in very close quarters to each other. And the intent of the posters was to show strong friendship between men.

I mean, two men taking a shower together in 1950, not gay. Anytime more than one man is naked in the same room with another man, it feels pretty damn gay.

To a certain extent, you could say the "gay issue" has altered society. Basically, it makes men somewhat defensive that every other man around them is gay.

I was at the store earlier, and there were two women in line ahead of me. At some point when the one ahead of the other was checking out, some kind of comment was made, and each of them began talking to each other in a very kind and lighthearted way. Basically smiling and laughing at each other.

I thought, if one of them had been a man, they probably wouldn't have been able to have that kind of friendly, playful, but casual conversation with each other, because they didn't know each other. Being friendly to someone of the same sex is perfectly acceptable behavior. Being friendly to someone of the opposite sex a lot of times seems like flirting.

If a large percentage of women were lesbians, I think women would be less likely to be very talkative with people they don't know. Because you wouldn't want to convey the wrong message to someone you have no concept of their orientation.

It almost makes me wish that gay people had to wear a badge on their arms, so we know who is gay and who isn't. And they should have their own restrooms and showers. Then maybe their existence wouldn't be so worrisome.
Crazy talk.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:10 AM

1,672 posts, read 2,877,052 times
Quote:

Its Jim Crow and Neo Nazi all wrapped into one.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:12 AM

1,672 posts, read 2,877,052 times
I used to think that people were smarter than given credit for, now im not so sure with some of these threads I see on this forum.

I wonder how some of you function on a day to day basis with these ridiculous fears you have?

Old 12-15-2012, 08:35 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddiesgirl View Post
So we get inter-racial and gay in the same notice?
Along with some communism. The title on the book in the second poster is 'Lenin'

Old 12-15-2012, 08:38 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times
Quote:
uhhhh.... people have known about 'what we call homosexuality' for a few thousand years. It's only in the concept of some social control that it's been considered something other than normal.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:57 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,842 times
Quote:

I stood with what you had to say, but the last line disturbs me extremely. That god damn pink triangle that Hitler made gay people wear. Maybe christians should wear a big cross stitched on all of their clothing so that we can avoid them, to know where they stand on equality. Here it is Christmas and many, not all, Christians show their love for their fellow humans by saying something like this. Separate showers, restrooms, what next make a separate water fountain for us. I used to love Christmas, decorated the house every year, made home made Southern custard eggnog for everyone I knew, but I stopped recognizing the holiday, stopped sending cards too. I do not hate christians, nor do I hate the holiday, but I am so dissapointed in how christians have taken the stance that they are a superior religion and superior people when they are just as human as all of the rest of us. Yours is not the only religion, nor can they say their god is the only or right god or that there is truly a god for them to use his word against us gay people. Last time I checked, I was human too, I deserve the same exact respect as anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies