Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you hate Adam Lanza?
Yes, he's evil and I hope he's burning in Hell 25 28.09%
I feel nothing for him 48 53.93%
I feel very sorry for him and he must have been in a lot of pain 16 17.98%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 10:10 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times

Advertisements

No. I don't hate him. I can't hate someone who has so little effect on me and my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 10:15 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
He was evil. I think there's a misconception that a "personality disorder" somehow excuses someone from all wrong doing, and that he could not distinguish between right and wrong. He was said to be a goth -- which is someone very often obsessed with evil and darkness. No one forces someone to choose the darkside, they choose it.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:23 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belmont22 View Post
Do you think it's right to hate to Adam Lanza and do you feel he's truly responsible for his actions? Or was what he did a failure on the part of us all for being a violent and unloving culture?
"Hate" is a waste of energy ..... I'll leave it up to others who seem to relish it.

He's totally responsible for his actions....NOT the school, not the parents, not the teachers and anyone who places blame anywhere else is a hate monger.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:34 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,310,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
So let me get this straight..liberals hate guns, but they dont hate the person that killed 20 children. This is why nobody takes these fruitcakes seriously
I am anything but a liberal, but guns are inanimate objects, it's okay to hate them, although blaming the guns is a simplistic approach, since a human being with evil in his or her heart has to be the one to make the gun do the killing. Easy access to guns is a problem though, and not one that is easy to fix.

Hating another human being is a lot different from hating an inanimate object, even someone who could do something this evil. He was a sick man and I do believe that he is burning in hell right now, because he had a free will and made the voluntary choice to do this. He wasn't sick enough to not realize what he was doing and what it would do to so many people. But...hate him? No, I can't hate him or anyone else.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:55 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
He was evil. I think there's a misconception that a "personality disorder" somehow excuses someone from all wrong doing, and that he could not distinguish between right and wrong. He was said to be a goth -- which is someone very often obsessed with evil and darkness. No one forces someone to choose the darkside, they choose it.

You are right on in you thinking. There is misconceptions about personality disorders.

Another thread, i just talked about someone near and dear to me, that was a paranoid schizophrenic.

Talk about personality changes, that happen rapidly, boy this is it.

Howeve sick they are, one thing we learned about the disorder. These are very calcuating people, they calcuate their every plan, and their next move, please believe that.

They will hurt someone they love, with a bat of an eye. They do know right and wrong, but so often will choose the wrong. I lived the nitemare, i know.

Also we cannot blame every single time something terrible as this tragedy unfolded and we learned how many people have died, blame it on a mental illness. There are some people who are, cold hearted, and evil from within, that love making people hurt. Some people just have evil in them, and nothing will change that.

My daughter came home from work yesterday so upset. We are animal lovers. She was telling me about these two guys, she learned from people at work, who did the most gruesome things, to some innocent puppies, she was visibly shaken, and told me she would love to get them alone. The police could not believe what they had seen. So there is much sickness and evil around us, as much as some of us have a hard time accepting these awful realities.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:59 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
the devil works in mysterious ways, sayeth the lord.. or could it just be our corrupt society making people evil..

Old 12-15-2012, 11:02 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
So let me get this straight..liberals hate guns, but they dont hate the person that killed 20 children. This is why nobody takes these fruitcakes seriously

Oh please save me from your stereotypes! Liberals all don't hate guns. Many liberal own guns. My husband at one time had 27 and he gave a lot of his liberal money/donations to help pass the Brady Bill. There is a difference between wanting unlimited access to all the weapons made on the face of the earth and seeing a need for reasonable laws limiting access.

As for the shooter in this mass murder--I refuse to speak his name and help give him the "fame" he sought in death---I feel nothing for him at all. If he had killed someone you personally knew then, sure, I wouldn't fault anyone for hating under those circumstances.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:06 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,310,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
the devil works in mysterious ways, sayeth the lord.. or could it just be our corrupt society making people evil..
Or both, as in, Satan working within our sick society through willing participants.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:22 AM

10,749 posts, read 23,822,981 times
Quote:
Hate is what breeds these kinds of senseless tragedies in the first place, further cycling these vicious cycles of violence. Two wrongs don't make a right. We've got a problem when it's easier for psychopaths to access milatary style weaponry than they do to get good access to appropriate care for mental health. Arming every 1st grade teacher isn't going to solve this problem.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:25 AM

2,096 posts, read 4,776,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Hate is what breeds these kinds of senseless tragedies in the first place, further cycling these vicious cycles of violence. Two wrongs don't make a right. We've got a problem when it's easier for psychopaths to access milatary style weaponry than they do to get good access to appropriate care for mental health.
I don't really like the word psychopath, it implies a person is irredeemably and completely evil, which is just as absurd as saying a person is perfectly good. Adam Lanza and people who have done comparably ugly things are still human, as difficult as it is to admit it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies