Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 05:22 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
We get it, we get it. You want the entire population of America armed with assault weapons, correct?
Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 05:23 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,437,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I am a West Point graduate.
Oh really?

Do you know why West Point graduates hang their diplomas from the rear view mirror?

To justify their handicap parking.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:24 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Even if the Japanese were successful in taking out our carriers at Pearl Harbor and taking Hawaii over, Admiral Yamamoto knew that a west coast invasion into the mainland would fail...........Why? Because we had a armed civilian population. We estimated that the Japanese might have made it as far in as Chicago. Now think about that anti-gun advocates. What if we actually were a unarmed civilian America and we were hypothetically invaded on our own soil by armed aggressive Russian or Chinese troops after multiple EMP attacks rendered our power grids and military electronic systems inoperable in a surprise attack? Don't count it out because anything is possible........ANYTHING. Would a unarmed civilian America prevail on the home front? Most likely not. You can bet that Russia and China have armed invasion plans against the U.S. drawn up even to this day. This is why we must not abolish the 2nd Amendment or subvert it in any fashion. A armed civilian United States is huge deterrent when it comes to our national security protection. I pity the United Kingdom who confiscated hundreds of thousands of hand guns from it's civilians and melted them down several years back. When they did that they put their democracy and individual rights at stake. Do we actually want to put ourselves in that situation? I think not. And one more question to the anti-gun advocates.

Who would have won the revolutionary war if our colonists had gun laws that restricted them from owning firearms in our fight for independence? I think you know the answer to that.

Watch this very important video:

NRANews follows up the Gun Ban in the United Kingdom - YouTube

That is a very enlightening video. And left up to the gun grabbing liberals in this country we would end up in the same situation. I am sure that these idiots will fail to recognize this.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:25 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
Yes, I'm sure that when the enemy's stealth jets are zooming overhead dropping laser-guided missiles, they're thinking "oh NOES! Someone down there has a HANDGUN!"

Old 12-16-2012, 05:25 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times
Quote:
Even if the Japanese were successful in taking out our carriers at Pearl Harbor and taking Hawaii over, Admiral Yamamoto knew that a west coast invasion into the mainland would fail...........Why? Because we had a armed civilian population. We estimated that the Japanese might have made it as far in as Chicago. Now think about that anti-gun advocates. What if we actually were a unarmed civilian America and we were hypothetically invaded on our own soil by armed aggressive Russian or Chinese troops after multiple EMP attacks rendered our power grids and military electronic systems inoperable in a surprise attack? Don't count it out because anything is possible........ANYTHING. Would a unarmed civilian America prevail on the home front? Most likely not. You can bet that Russia and China have armed invasion plans against the U.S. drawn up even to this day. This is why we must not abolish the 2nd Amendment or subvert it in any fashion. A armed civilian United States is huge deterrent when it comes to our national security protection. I pity the United Kingdom who confiscated hundreds of thousands of hand guns from it's civilians and melted them down several years back. When they did that they put their democracy and individual rights at stake. Do we actually want to put ourselves in that situation? I think not. And one more question to the anti-gun advocates.

Who would have won the revolutionary war if our colonists had gun laws that restricted them from owning firearms in our fight for independence? I think you know the answer to that.

Watch this very important video:

NRANews follows up the Gun Ban in the United Kingdom - YouTube

Many conservatives are crazy and many believe fantasy based history.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:28 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,437,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
That is a very enlightening video. And left up to the gun grabbing liberals in this country we would end up in the same situation. I am sure that these idiots will fail to recognize this.
So true my friend............so true!!

Old 12-16-2012, 05:28 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
Quote:
Do you know why West Point graduates hang their diplomas from the rear view mirror?
You must have never seen a West Point diploma.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:52 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times
I remember when I was introduced first hand to this conservative fear based alternate reality.

I have a co-worker ex navy, nice guy, give you the shirt off his back if he knew and liked you type of man.

So at the time, I lived in what many especially conservatives would consider a dangerous city. So my co-worker, he genuinely likes me, and he asked me if I had a hand gun in the home to protect myself or my then girlfriend. And I said no, guns are not my thing.

So he goes on this long rant about how the police couldn't protect me, and that "they" could break into my home at anytime, and he starts with all of these different scenario's in which in his opinion were likely to happen or somewhat common to happen in my neighborhood and how I had to protect myself and my loved ones with a gun.

So, I tried to explain that I really didn't fear for my life or have to deal with crime or criminals.

I told him how the neighbors on the block looked out for one another and would call the police on suspicious behavior. I told him I felt fairly safe and that it was not a realistic concern nor a reason to get a gun.

I thought that would be the end of it. But he was convinced that my city was a pit from hell the type of neighborhood a white person couldn't even walk around and blah, blah, blah, blah, and the fear he had about a city and the people in a city he didn't visit amazed me.

He is also in the NRA, and he seems to believe we may have to overthrow the government. Dude is a nice guy, but he is paranoid as fck about the world.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:03 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Oh, for God's sake. Let's stop with these idiotic lies already.

Everyone knows that American enemies look at the strength of AMERICA'S MILITARY and allies in their decisions on aggression. An ICBM with a multi-megaton warhead is going to be a much greater deterrent than a redneck with a .45.

We are really scraping the bottom of the insanity barrel with these threads today...
Did the Japanese have ICBMs and atomic warheads? I wonder why they didn't just shoot three years before we hauled our bomb to them via B-29.

I wonder if you really think that all farmers are rednecked the way you think and that they all have .45s. I imagine most of their weapons were of the .22 and 30.06 variety back then. You are trying hard but not doing much to get through.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:06 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
They are not even in the same universe as facts. They are desperate contortionist attempts. I have a common sense and intelligence background.

Our military is the deterrent.
How many troops did our Army have in it in January 1942. I don't think enough to scare anybody but maybe the Dude could tell us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies