Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 10:22 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,975,842 times

Advertisements

I predict all those that died in this terrible incident in Ct, won't even be buried before legislation is brought forth by Ms Fienstein to institute the ban on automatic weapons, and I believe this time it will stick.
One needs to remember, this time it was kids, innocent kids, and their deaths by automatic weapon fire, won't soon be forgotten.
Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 10:40 PM

161 posts, read 264,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
since you would consider me as a gun fanatic, I will say this.

At least i teach my childrfen the right of the people to bear arms, and teach my daughters how to shoot. you would have it so you would only tell your children a lie by telling them that the 2nd Amendment is outdated and isnt need in any modern society. you would lie to them by not telling the truth and only get your way by brow beating other who speak against what you believe in.

way to teach your kids.
Well we know your daughters will survive any criminal incident, but not the liberal ignoramuses kid. Heh

Old 12-15-2012, 10:51 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I predict all those that died in this terrible incident in Ct, won't even be buried before legislation is brought forth by Ms Fienstein to institute the ban on automatic weapons, and I believe this time it will stick.
One needs to remember, this time it was kids, innocent kids, and their deaths by automatic weapon fire, won't soon be forgotten.
Bob.
It wasn't automatic weapon fire, but the facts don't matter as long as you can push your agenda, right? I'm sure Feinstein, Schumer and company have had legislation written up for years just waiting for an opportunity like this. They could probably barely contain themselves when it happened so they could have a chance to try for another useless "assault weapon" ban.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:55 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,968,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
It wasn't automatic weapon fire, but the facts don't matter as long as you can push your agenda, right? I'm sure Feinstein, Schumer and company have had legislation written up for years just waiting for an opportunity like this. They could probably barely contain themselves when it happened so they could have a chance to try for another useless "assault weapon" ban.
Limiting the quantity of clips purchased would have done wonders in this case, and that no doubt, will pass along with an assault gun ban, as long as it can reach the floor of either chamber inside of a few months.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:57 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Support hell. He'll be beating the drum trying to force them.

I'm not saying that he approved of what happened, but "never let a crisis go to waste".

Old 12-15-2012, 11:40 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,076,689 times
Rep Nadler Dem NY 'Obama should exploit this incident for gun control'

Old 12-15-2012, 11:55 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Why would Obama want to get involved in a losing issue? It wouldn't pass the House.
The argument that stricter gun laws is a losing issue is not true, even NRA members agree that we need stricter gun laws.

NRA And Gun Control Poll: Gun Owners Support More Restrictive Measures - Business Insider

"87 percent of NRA members agree that support for Second Amendment rights goes hand-in-hand with keeping guns out of the hands of criminals.

74 percent support requiring criminal background checks of anyone purchasing a gun.

79 percent support requiring gun retailers to perform background checks on all employees.

75 percent believe concealed carry permits should only be granted to applicants who have not committed any violent misdemeanors, including assault.

74 percent believe permits should only be granted to applicants who have completed gun safety training.

71 percent believe people on terror watch lists should be prevented from purchasing guns (actually, this is kind of surprising in how low it ranks). "

Read more: NRA And Gun Control Poll: Gun Owners Support More Restrictive Measures - Business Insider

the NRA is just like the GOP. It is run by people who are more radical/right wing than the people it actually represents, so the leadership in the NRA will support anti-legislation candidates while spending money to defeat pro-legislation candidates.

The real question here is how many people will take the NRA money, and how many arent afraid of NRA money ?

Old 12-16-2012, 12:48 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I don't think there will be new federal legislation, but it's okay. Gun death rates are highest in Republican states. Maybe that's a good thing in the long run. And they probably don't mind since they seem to value their guns more than their own neighbors.
Is that so? I wonder how it would go over if I said most violent crime is in black neighborhoods and maybe that's a good thing in the long run?

Old 12-16-2012, 01:15 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
I hope so but I have little faith in Congress putting together anything meaningful that isn't full of holes and fluff or anything that would make it through the House and Senate.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:52 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The argument that stricter gun laws is a losing issue is not true, even NRA members agree that we need stricter gun laws.

NRA And Gun Control Poll: Gun Owners Support More Restrictive Measures - Business Insider

"87 percent of NRA members agree that support for Second Amendment rights goes hand-in-hand with keeping guns out of the hands of criminals.

74 percent support requiring criminal background checks of anyone purchasing a gun.

79 percent support requiring gun retailers to perform background checks on all employees.

75 percent believe concealed carry permits should only be granted to applicants who have not committed any violent misdemeanors, including assault.

74 percent believe permits should only be granted to applicants who have completed gun safety training.

71 percent believe people on terror watch lists should be prevented from purchasing guns (actually, this is kind of surprising in how low it ranks). "

Read more: NRA And Gun Control Poll: Gun Owners Support More Restrictive Measures - Business Insider

the NRA is just like the GOP. It is run by people who are more radical/right wing than the people it actually represents, so the leadership in the NRA will support anti-legislation candidates while spending money to defeat pro-legislation candidates.

The real question here is how many people will take the NRA money, and how many arent afraid of NRA money ?

now why dont you ask a real gun rights organiation such as the GOA or the JFPO. you will find that they are is disagreement with what you posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies