Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should there be an assault rifle ban?
Yes 51 42.15%
No 70 57.85%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 02:30 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times

Advertisements

Hopefully they'll ban Drug use and distribution also in the bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 02:30 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Automatic weapons are only legal in a few states and can cost $20K +.
You also need a Federal tax stamp of $200 per item. The process take approx four months with paperwork. Even if the BATF oks it...your local Police Chief (whoever is head in command) must sign off on it.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:32 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Automatic weapons have been outlawed since I was a small child and I will be 80 tomorrow..
You can purchase automatic weapons in some states, it's not an easy process and the cost of the guns are not cheap by anyone's standards.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:33 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Why do people feel a need to regulate things that they don't know anything about? I mean, I know very little about high heel shoes. I have a vague idea that they are very bad for the feet and ankles, but not much knowledge beyond that.

I wouldn't undertake to legislate a ban on high heels, or even comment on it if somebody threw up a 'ban high heels' thread.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Yeah...I don't value people's ideas who can't pass a NICS check and lie on the 4473 either.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:34 PM

799 posts, read 1,444,986 times
Quote:

We should also ban murder so people won't kill each other.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
You can purchase automatic weapons in some states, it's not an easy process and the cost of the guns are not cheap by anyone's standards.
For MOST States it was 1934 though....bye bye.

Thank the roaring 20's gangsters for that one.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:36 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Someone should have asked the gloating Feinstein that. She was looking so thrilled this morning -- just so eager to exploit a tragedy for her own agenda. She had absolutely no interest whatsoever in discussing the mental illness aspect.

How is Feinstein and her jack-booted thugs going to enforce the gun bans when they couldn't do a thing to stop drug trafficking? Does she intend to have doors of people kicked in? Millions of people hauled off to prison when they committed no violent crime? Or how about highway checkpoints? Feinstein hasn't stopped tons of drugs from being shipped over an international border -- what's she going to do about the transport of guns with drugs?

Old 12-16-2012, 02:37 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Roy, I wrote a post way up thread before you jumped in saying that perhaps if they were super expensive, his mother may not have been able to buy them either.

I realize he stole the guns, please try and keep up.
I have read every post in this thread and found few new ideas in it. I read all of them because I think it is now time for me to make a suggestion about stopping things like Friday's massacre.

Ok here goes. Where is one place that anybody knows nobody in the building will have a firearm. Well many businesses don't allow firearms of any kind in them but the laws of the US say that firearms are not allowed in school buildings. I just keep wondering if a sign in the yard may give some fools reason for thought. The sign would say something like, "Firearms are not allowed on these grounds or in the buildings but there is at least one F4 in the office." Now that should be plenty of warning for anybody.

I read that there were 6 women killed by that fool and some of them attempted to talk him into stopping while others flung themselves at him trying to save the lives of their children. What would have happened if that principal had come out of the office with her F4 spitting bullets at the fool? If those teachers who flung themselves at him had been able to fling bullets maybe most of those people would have been alive today and the crud would be dead. He intended to kill himself anyway so I think he was just trying to take as many with him as possible

The Israelis stopped attacks on their commercial air liners by putting armed marshals on them. They stopped the foolish attacks by bombers on their schools by arming their teachers. Any of those women the other day would have been able to squeeze a trigger to save the lives of those kids who they all loved.

We have to stop telling people where the unarmed places are. Let them think that someone in there has a gun on him.

This gun ban crap is not going to stop anything. I am not going to give up my freshly bought piece without a fight.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Why do people feel a need to regulate things that they don't know anything about? I mean, I know very little about high heel shoes. I have a vague idea that they are very bad for the feet and ankles, but not much knowledge beyond that.

I wouldn't undertake to legislate a ban on high heels, or even comment on it if somebody threw up a 'ban high heels' thread.

AR-15/M-16 Function Animation - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies