Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 06:46 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,545,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisismyspameamil View Post
Their gun rate has dropped significantly since the law.

Read more at 25 years murder-free in ‘Gun Town USA’
So the crime rates of the two places are statistically even although one has an outright ban and the other not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 06:46 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,072,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, as I have said before, what about Kennesaw GA....

Where it is MANDATORY to own a gun....and low and behold...the crime rate in that town is 85% less than the rest of the state.....

When was the last murder there?

Come on...at least attempt the question....But facts are facts....and this 20+ year fact just kills (pun intended) that your "less guns equals less violence" crap....

So, which anti gun nut is first.....
Progressive Values: The Kennesaw, Georgia Gun Violence Reduction Myth

Old 12-16-2012, 06:47 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,165,951 times
Quote:
But I thought that guns in Illinois, Chicago to be exact...we damn near banned....but yet this town continues to have murders....I though the more law evoked on people, the better the town would be...
Quote:
no need to thread jack---go start your own thread...
I can't hijack your thread when I am simply responding to one of your comments. You don't want to talk about Chicago, then don't mention it next time.

And you were wondering where I grew up, I grew up in Virginia Beach, VA in the subdevelopment of Ocean Lakes/Red Mill which is about the size of this town and has an incredibly low crime rate without the need for mandatory gun ownership.

Also, what about the cities without a mandatory gun ownership law that has low crime or what about NYC which has strict gun laws and has seen its murder rate fall from the 90s.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:52 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,165,951 times
Thanks for that link, kind of blows this whole theory the OP has out of the water, which is usually pretty easy to do....not that he will listen or even bother to read this link.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:55 PM

117 posts, read 160,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
So the crime rates of the two places are statistically even although one has an outright ban and the other not?
Did you just skip the part where their crime rate decreased by over 50% while the other towns increased?

Last edited by thisismyspameamil; 12-16-2012 at 07:23 PM..

Old 12-16-2012, 06:55 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,459,683 times
Quote:
Are you correct....then explain why this little town in GA has an 85% less crime rate....than any other town in GA.....
Please back up your repeated claim that Kennesaw has the lowest crime rate in Georgia - it is the basis of your post. A quick look shows many places in Georgia with lower crime rates.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:02 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,545,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisismyspameamil View Post
Are you illiterate or did you just skip the part where their crime rate decreased by over 50% while the other towns increased?
Funny.

Kennesaw's law is not universally followed; not every household has a gun. The comparison between the two is idiotic. Before yesterday, I'd wager many did not know Kennesaw even existed or had a gun law.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:03 PM

Lol, your gonna link to a no name blog? First the 2 cities they are comparing Kennesaw and Morton Groves

Kennesaw poverty level: 10.6%
Morton Groves poverty level: 4.3%

Higher poverty level = higher crime, not to mention Kennesaw is a suburb of Atlanta that has a higher crime rate than Chicago.

AND this blog cherry picks between ONE year.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Funny.

Kennesaw's law is not universally followed; not every household has a gun. The comparison between the two is idiotic. Before yesterday, I'd wager many did not know Kennesaw even existed or had a gun law.
Of course not every one owns a gun just like not everyone follows the speed limit. Exempt from owning the gun are those with mental or physical disability, those with felonies, and those that it is against their beliefs/religion. BUT the gun ownership rate there is significantly higher than most places.

And I don't see how not knowing Kennesaw had a gun law before todays changes the conversation?

Old 12-16-2012, 07:07 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Looks like it's time to ban guns in Kennesaw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies