Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 03:29 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,701,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
OP,

it's perfectly legal.
It shouldn't be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

1,684 posts, read 1,184,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
That would be tricky.
Or just die.... I don't give a damn!

Halloween (1978) - ending - YouTube

8,347 posts, read 7,236,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
I tried very hard, but I can't think of any reason why a law abiding citizen would want to own an assault weapon. If your true motive for owning a gun is to protect yourself, why isn't a normal gun good enough? What's next, your own miniature nuclear bomb under the guise of "Second Amendment rights"? Where does it stop?
Please, there are sane and insane people in the USA.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...-boar-wild-hog

Charging Wild Boar Herd! - YouTube

Old 12-16-2012, 03:30 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
20? LMAO

You don't even know how old you have to be to buy a handgun.

Why should I take your posts seriously?

You're the "Queen" of fools!
Because I don't even believe you own guns. I think you play video games.

No adult talks the way you do. My children are more adult.

Old 12-16-2012, 03:31 PM

5,659 posts, read 5,084,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It shouldn't be.
Well, that's your opinion - not the law - and you know what they say about opinions.

1,604 posts, read 1,564,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
The fact is they are not the deadliest weapons by a long shot.. They are some of the least effective weapons on the market.. This guy was a lunatic.. You will never stop a lunatic by legislation... Tim McVeigh was a lunatic.. He didn't use a firearm.. There is a long history of mass murderers going back to before firearms were invented. You can't legislate sanity..
I agree, but why make it easier for insane people to carry out their acts? This is not just a one off event. Mass murders perpetrated with guns are now becoming a regular occurrence in America. Since the Columbine shooting, we've had more than 30 similar events involving guns.

12,149 posts, read 8,413,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
358 murdered with rifles in 2010 vs. 1704 with sharp objects,504 blunt objects,745 using hands, feet etc. and so on...

Not sure how many rifles would be termed "assault weapons" anyway since the definition of such is malleable and most just make up their own as they go along calling for bans on inanimate objects they know nothing about.
True. Ignorance is a huge problem. They continue to refer to the rifle as a "high-powered" assault rifle. A .223 is bare minimum for hunting. While any AR can be fired quickly, it's not an assault rifle in the classic sense.

This kid chose a kindergarten for a reason - they posed no threat. He was a coward. He likely knew he was different and may have been bullied there as a kid. The kids represented an easy target to a young man who felt different than other young men. It was a way for him to assert himself. If his mother was domineering and overbearing, added to his personality, he was a ticking bomb. He lined those poor kids up and killed them. He could have just as easily done that with a knife, a club, or a single-shot muzzle loader. We have seen this in China, Australia and the UK.

The boy was mentally ill. His parents knew it, his brother knew it, and his classmates knew it. We need to address the root cause. The liberals will spend billions in their fight against guns. Take that money and fund mental health programs. You'll get no argument from me.

Old 12-16-2012, 03:32 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,701,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Well, that's your opinion - not the law - and you know what they say about opinions.
Yes, everyone has them, even RWNJs. Laws can be changed though.

Old 12-16-2012, 03:35 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,184,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Damn...those guys SUCK! lol

Old 12-16-2012, 03:36 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
I agree, but why make it easier for insane people to carry out their acts? This is not just a one off event. Mass murders perpetrated with guns are now becoming a regular occurrence in America. Since the Columbine shooting, we've had more than 30 similar events involving guns.
Look, I understand and share your anguish over this, but the fact is, a lunatic is going to carry out his plan regardless of his method of destruction.. This kid wasn't by any means a rocket scientist, but, if he had no access to a firearm, he still would have carried out his plan by another means and quite possibly something even more devistating.. Insanity is not something that you can legislate a cure for. This young man was insane. No sane person would do what he did.. There are several steps that could have possibly postponed his actions, but nothing would have stopped him...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies