Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2012, 10:13 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,940,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redroses777 View Post
Exactly. Just because a person has a gun, doesn't make them a criminal. Funny how the left cries about law-abiding citizens protecting themselves, but are totally silent about the thousands of assault rifles being brought into this country by illegal immigrants and drug cartels. They want an open border, but want no guns for law abiding citizens. Well, much of the gun violence is happening along the border because we fail to secure it. I guess law abiding citizens are supposed to give up their rights while it is okay for drug cartels and illegal immigrants to carry assault rifles.
A lot of the guns that are used by the drug cartels come from the US. ...in trade for drugs. Do we really know WHO is selling the guns? In most cases yes we do, it is not illegal to sell fire arms all over the world that are made here. I would guess some of that must be slowing down here, as so many Companies move off shore. What really drives the import of drugs, is the big demand for them in this Country.
Not so fast, left leaning folks are very concerned about assault rifles coming into this country, many of them originating from here the first time. Open Border ? , not hardly. Just because all the money spent building walls is not the answer and it's been supported by Right wing Politics, does not mean we are not concerned about illegals from all over the world showing upon our shores and dry river beds.. If any place has more Hispanic, legal and illegal, it's Texas., run by the right wing, yet according to Rick Perry, it's not a problem, outside of the violence along the border cities. That's always been a problem one way or the other.I have a little personal history in this area as I was once involved romantically with a young girl from a well known family in Mexico City. My escape back to the U S could be a best seller/ movie. May well be one day.....but not while I am still kicking. I turn 72 in July and feel pretty good for an old Leftie that has a lot of miles on me. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 10:21 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
A lot of the guns that are used by the drug cartels come from the US. ...in trade for drugs. Do we really know WHO is selling the guns? In most cases yes we do, it is not illegal to sell fire arms all over the world that are made here. I would guess some of that must be slowing down here, as so many Companies move off shore. What really drives the import of drugs, is the big demand for them in this Country.
Not so fast, left leaning folks are very concerned about assault rifles coming into this country, many of them originating from here the first time. Open Border ? , not hardly. Just because all the money spent building walls is not the answer and it's been supported by Right wing Politics, does not mean we are not concerned about illegals from all over the world showing upon our shores and dry river beds.. If any place has more Hispanic, legal and illegal, it's Texas., run by the right wing, yet according to Rick Perry, it's not a problem, outside of the violence along the border cities. That's always been a problem one way or the other.I have a little personal history in this area as I was once involved romantically with a young girl from a well known family in Mexico City. My escape back to the U S could be a best seller/ movie. May well be one day.....but not while I am still kicking. I turn 72 in July and feel pretty good for an old Leftie that has a lot of miles on me. Lol

the biggest seller of illegal firearms in the USA is the federal goverment. I wonder why people dont want to limit their ability to sell firearms and magazines?

Old 12-22-2012, 10:32 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
It's not rocket science monkey. Put aside your closed cool aid mind for a min.The people have spoken, they want something done with all the killings by firearms. What is it you do not understand? Do you have any feelings at all, guess not. Some of you guys make me sick, I wonder what makes you tick.?, both of you.
Now after I got that out, listen up, Obama is now a lame duck president, he can do whatever he wants and not worry about re election. What makes you think I would want Obama to serve a third term. ? Only been done once FDR. The Constitution you guys hide behind, has lots of facets. The Courts have ruled differently over time. I guess do not remember how restrictive gun laws were years back.
The people? What people? Until and unless "the people" can get enough backing to modify the 2nd Amendment, any firearms ban will go to the Supreme Court as soon as reasonably possible once it is passed. Considering the past rulings of the Supreme Court, a ban on firearms would most likely be struck down as unconstitutional. Feelings have absolutely nothing to do with the matter. However, I would like to thank you for proving the point that the anti-gun crowd is acting emotionally rather than logically when it comes to finding a workable solution to the problem of violence that this nation is dealing with. Here's a hint: the violence isn't caused by guns, and until something is done to address the root problems behind it taking guns away from lawful owners isn't going to do anything but increase the amount of violence we have to deal with.

Obama can be a lame duck president all he wants, but he still has to follow the precepts of the United States Constitution, which means that legally he cannot ban firearms by executive order or faulty legislation.

You are operating under the mistaken belief that firearms owners don't want the violence to stop. The truth is the exact opposite. However, the main difference is that you believe firearms are the cause of the violence, while firearms owners realize that firearms are merely the tool that is used by criminals who commit violent acts. Fortunately, that tool can also be used to stop those criminals, which is something that the founding fathers recognized, and is the reason why we arm police officers, security guards, and the military. Until and unless that simple fact forces its way through your ideological prejudices, you will continue to push for legislation that will not make even a miniscule difference in the real world that the rest of us live in.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
It's not rocket science monkey. Put aside your closed cool aid mind for a min.The people have spoken, they want something done with all the killings by firearms. What is it you do not understand? Do you have any feelings at all, guess not. Some of you guys make me sick, I wonder what makes you tick.?, both of you.
Now after I got that out, listen up, Obama is now a lame duck president, he can do whatever he wants and not worry about re election. What makes you think I would want Obama to serve a third term. ? Only been done once FDR. The Constitution you guys hide behind, has lots of facets. The Courts have ruled differently over time. I guess do not remember how restrictive gun laws were years back.

do you really want something done with all the killings done by criminals?

answer this truthfully and i shall give you a solution.

although you might not like the solution.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
the biggest seller of illegal firearms in the USA is the federal goverment. I wonder why people dont want to limit their ability to sell firearms and magazines?
I am sure they do. Where ever there is a profit there will be weapons deals, it's a real big business. Some, if not the largest, are the weapons sales conducted by a few connected shadow people and their corporate empire.
Whisky for furs, guns for treaties, was the American way in the early years of our nation.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
do you really want something done with all the killings done by criminals?

answer this truthfully and i shall give you a solution.

although you might not like the solution.
You are asking for a first grade answer.I will not bite on the same old saw you folks have been using for years.Sorry!
Now, what the American people want done is to see less of a pattern develop around these mass killings. And, yes guns kill, just who do you think pulls The trigger anyway? What the people ( latest polls ) want to see , is less firepower inn the hands of these mass murder guys. Its going to happen again you know that, we just do not know enough about who they are before the event,, so in lew of that, fewer people would have to die if there was a limit to high power fast as you can pull the trigger, assault weapons. Smaller clips would also help to slow down these crazy people, just a bit when they decide to take over the next school house.
What could also be done is for a greater presence of armed guards at these schools, but that is no sure fire game ether. Many a killer has out gunned the Police , when these guys first arrive the first thing they do is try taking out any hired hands that might be a threat to them ..guns in the hands of teachers won't fly

Old 12-23-2012, 12:04 AM

Quote:
You are asking for a first grade answer.I will not bite on the same old saw you folks have been using for years.Sorry!
Now, what the American people want done is to see less of a pattern develop around these mass killings. And, yes guns kill, just who do you think pulls The trigger anyway? What the people ( latest polls ) want to see , is less firepower inn the hands of these mass murder guys. Its going to happen again you know that, we just do not know enough about who they are before the event,, so in lew of that, fewer people would have to die if there was a limit to high power fast as you can pull the trigger, assault weapons. Smaller clips would also help to slow down these crazy people, just a bit when they decide to take over the next school house.
What could also be done is for a greater presence of armed guards at these schools, but that is no sure fire game ether. Many a killer has out gunned the Police , when these guys first arrive the first thing they do is try taking out any hired hands that might be a threat to them ..guns in the hands of teachers won't fly

guess you dont want a solution then. guess it is the democrat way to just ban them all or make them so unavailable to everyone else that they wont make any difference.
guess what, since you dont want the solution, then i wont give you what you want either. go for the democrat way and try and ban them all and see what you get. way too many firearms and ammo in the hands of private citizens now for democrats and mod republicans to just up and ban or register them all.

here is to thinking you might actually want a solution.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:45 AM

998 posts, read 1,215,360 times
The best security of all is to allow certain qualified teachers & administrators to carry a concealed weapon. Unlike with a uniformed cop with a gun, the shooter would have no idea who to target with the first shots. It would also not cost tax payers like the uniformed cop with a gun will.

Columbine High School cop says armed guards at schools coupled with assault weapons ban would keep students safe

The NRA has better solution than AWB to keep the children safe. The Clinton Assault Weapons Ban had been in force 5 years before the Columbine Massacre. Again proving wacko liberal gun bans do not work. Connecticut has very strict gun control laws. Sandy Hook elementary had the "Gold Standard" in school security procedures. They had security cameras, door locks, video ID buzz-in security door, terrorist shooter drills, and other systems.

Tragedy Spotlights Connecticut's Previous Efforts At Gun Control

Connecticut's Previous Efforts At Gun Control - "Lawlor and his colleagues enacted a law based on the idea that there can be warning signs. Now, when someone reports to the police they believe a gun owner poses an imminent danger to themselves or to others, the police can get a warrant to seize the guns — even if no law has been broken. The guns can be kept for a year, and the law also allows for a mental health evaluation.

Bernard Krzynowek had his guns taken the first year the law went into effect. His sister, Christine, called the police when the two of them were having an argument. "I had a pistol on my hip and for some reason she got all uptight and called the police," says the 70-year-old Krzynowek. The police warrant says Christine told them her brother was in possession of guns and "was going to kill her and other relatives." The police seized 39 guns.

"Who's going to take the risk?" Baird says. "What law enforcement officer or what judge is ever going take the risk that they received information like this and then do nothing about it?" In the first ten years after it was enacted, more than 2,000 guns were seized. The majority of the complaints were made by spouses. Mike Lawlor isn't suggesting the law could have prevented the shootings in Newtown, but he believes it has prevented other crimes."

Old 12-23-2012, 05:25 AM

19,026 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Quote:
If that is so....then where the hell were you last Friday in Newtown, CT. Now we have 26 dead, 20 6-7 year old defenseless kids!! Where was the NRA with their 110,000 million in the bank, we could have used a little warning and a little help.
And NO you can not justify any of what happened. This time it was little kids!, this will not go away, and I don't care one hoot about all the reasoning , the gun control, the non gun control, whatever...these people are dead, most had Christmas presents under the tree, what do the mothers/ fathers do with them? Its time for action !
There were no armed people at the 'no gun zone' other than the assailant. That WAS the problem.

Someone asked on another post: Would you give up your semi auto if it saved 1 kids life?

To better answer the question, I will ask this question:
If the armed assailant shot one child before being nailed by a heavily armed defender, whose action thus saving 20 or more children, would you say it was worth saving the 20 children for the defender to be heavily armed?
OR WOULD YOU CONDEMN THEM ALL TO DIE?

"Scary" guns are not the problem.
"Scary" people are.
"Scary" people, i.e., predators, will kill and injure, with or without firearms.
"Scary" individuals are deterred when confronted by an armed target.

Old 12-23-2012, 05:32 AM

19,026 posts, read 14,205,095 times
When a victim (weaker party) is a faced by an attacker (stronger party), armed or unarmed, please explain the proper politically correct, "all guns are evil" response?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies