Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2012, 12:02 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,890,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
And who appointed you the chief investigator of those who don't like the power of our government?

But I'll play your game.

Government is necessary to protect the rights of the people. Without government, we would have anarchy and we've seen how destructive that would be.

The evil of government is that it creates a controlling class who then abuse their power. One of those abuses is to grow government and increase it's power over the people. So that's what we have today; a ruling class that abuses it's power and has grown government into a bloated, costly and powerful organization. And that's true at all levels.

Peaceful protest and voting will never change this. But on the other hand, we Libertarians are not violent so we recognize that the necessary changes will never come about.
Thanks for answering my little non partisan poll. Agreed mostly, but you forget about the big rich companies that are in bed with the Elected government., it's becoming a lot like Germany in the thirties....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
What's going to be really funny is when NBC's lawyers challenge the constitutionality of the law banning possession of extended magazines...
Never happen.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:25 AM

15,913 posts, read 20,132,719 times
Scatter gun vs AR-15 wielded by these black getto thugs, I'll take the scatter gun hands down....

Old 12-27-2012, 12:31 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,691,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
I tried very hard, but I can't think of any reason why a law abiding citizen would want to own an assault weapon. If your true motive for owning a gun is to protect yourself, why isn't a normal gun good enough? What's next, your own miniature nuclear bomb under the guise of "Second Amendment rights"? Where does it stop?
It comes down to this: Why does the Second Amendment exist? Is it truly got anything to do with hunting? Self defense against criminals? No, it's not about any of these things.

Note that Tommy didn't say one peep about hunting or self defense against getting mugged. He specifically stated that the right to bear arms gives citizens the ability to overthrow tyrannical governments and to keep current ones from becoming so.

With that concept in mind, owning an assault rifle actually does make a lot of sense. If the government controlled military has assault rifles as standard issue and far more lethal weapons to boot, how can the citizens hope to fight back if you limit them to low caliber handguns and single shot rifles?

Old 12-27-2012, 01:36 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,240,163 times
No true Scotsman would ever want to resist the British.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:33 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,460,294 times
Quote:
Explain why they won't let you on an airplane, because you are on the no fly list because of your record, yet, you can buy a gun,no problem.
Show an EXAMPLE of this happening to an American citizen...or is this more of your made up emotional scenarios?

Quote:
I think that failed attempt At rooting out the gun dealers was no longer being done.
Who's to say they aren't just being more sneaky about it?

But as long as you agree as to what they were doing and that it was BAD...you'll support an investigation and impeachment then ...RIGHT?

Darstar...every time you try to make a point you get chopped to pieces...it reminds me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4
http://youtu.be/zKhEw7nD9C4

Old 12-27-2012, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Show an EXAMPLE of this happening to an American citizen...or is this more of your made up emotional scenarios?

Who's to say they aren't just being more sneaky about it?

But as long as you agree as to what they were doing and that it was BAD...you'll support an investigation and impeachment then ...RIGHT?

Darstar...every time you try to make a point you get chopped to pieces...it reminds me of this:

Monty Python-The Black Knight - YouTube
Monty Python-The Black Knight - YouTube
You seldom provide any back up for your statements also. If anything you are much worse than I being so absolute. I do not recall anything I have said to be a false hood. You on the other hand use the absolute card as your "proof" when it's mostly ether a non truth, or it's just your bullying tactics. " chopped to pieces". ? Hardly ! You also have a habit of skipping over what you do not like to hear, as does any good Righity. Much of what I say is in the form of a question , which requires YOU to do some digging ( you do not like that I know). Part of what I say is to question the issue, even to the point of being not sure about it, just wanting your feedback. Example, your replies in the above paragraph " impeachment" which has nothing to do with what has or is being questioned.
I guess I should use more links. I mostly hate them and seldom do not open those sent to me as it is a waste of time slanted unreliable source.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
You seldom provide any back up for your statements also. If anything you are much worse than I being so absolute. I do not recall anything I have said to be a false hood. You on the other hand use the absolute card as your "proof" when it's mostly ether a non truth, or it's just your bullying tactics. " chopped to pieces". ? Hardly ! You also have a habit of skipping over what you do not like to hear, as does any good Righity. Much of what I say is in the form of a question , which requires YOU to do some digging ( you do not like that I know). Part of what I say is to question the issue, even to the point of being not sure about it, just wanting your feedback. Example, your replies in the above paragraph " impeachment" which has nothing to do with what has or is being questioned.
I guess I should use more links. I mostly hate them and seldom do not open those sent to me as it is a waste of time slanted unreliable source.
Now I see you have added stupid humor to your bag of tricks, sorry ,no cigar.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:03 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,460,294 times
Darstar you constantly IMAGINE these scenarios so you can argue against them...you can never show PROOF that these scenarios EVER actually happened!
Of course you don't like my links and won't open them....most are links to actual news articles, studies and facts that BACK Up what I'm saying!

....yet you claim I'M the one with no facts......epic fail!

Old 12-27-2012, 05:10 AM

254 posts, read 210,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
I tried very hard, but I can't think of any reason why a law abiding citizen would want to own an assault weapon. If your true motive for owning a gun is to protect yourself, why isn't a normal gun good enough? What's next, your own miniature nuclear bomb under the guise of "Second Amendment rights"? Where does it stop?
I own them because I like them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies