Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 01:13 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,790,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Yes, the police should not have those weapons. The reason they got those weapons was based on the irrational and racist fear about being out gunned by urban thugs.

In fact, most police departments have become too militaristic in their tactics and weaponry, and again this changed was fueled by the irrational and racist fear of urban thugs.
Yeah, irrational and racist fear...lol..Nah, no thugs carry illegal assault weapons anywhere in America....lol

This is a part of life in every urban area in the U.S. regardless of if you want to beleive it or not, and these dudes aren't even the scary ones. MS-13 is everywhere my man. You hear about the MS-13 gang member who shot at a UPS worker because he thought the guy was a Brown Pride member in Nashville?

HOOD LIFE GANGSTAS AND THUGS - YouTube

You really must live in some rural area or have never driven through a bad neighborhood let alone live in one...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 01:20 AM

I'm sure each and every gun the dudes in that video I posted are all legally owned...lol

Old 12-17-2012, 01:27 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
In recent years there has been a strong trend of police carrying rifles similar to the one used by the mass killer in Connecticut. Some are replacing shotguns with .223 rifles; some are putting rifles in patrol cruisers in addition to shotguns.

We're told ad infinitum by gun control advocates that such rifles have no purpose but to slaughter large numbers of people. That may be in the job description of military, but certainly not police. Police, just like any citizen, are supposed to use guns in a defensive manner, to protect against lethal threats.

So should police be forced to get rid of all the AR's they have acquired?

And further, if these guns are only meant to slaughter, what does that implicitly say about police across the country who have eagerly snapped them up? Gun control proponents, how can you possibly trust a group that feels the need for that kind of weaponry?

they already do carry AR15's and M4 varients. but since it does look like alot of people want us to be in a police state, the feds especially, the feds will give them an exemption.......again.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:44 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Yeah, irrational and racist fear...lol..Nah, no thugs carry illegal assault weapons anywhere in America....lol

This is a part of life in every urban area in the U.S. regardless of if you want to beleive it or not, and these dudes aren't even the scary ones. MS-13 is everywhere my man. You hear about the MS-13 gang member who shot at a UPS worker because he thought the guy was a Brown Pride member in Nashville?

HOOD LIFE GANGSTAS AND THUGS - YouTube

You really must live in some rural area or have never driven through a bad neighborhood let alone live in one...

You don't know what the fck I am even referring to.

In the 1990's there was this theory advanced by prominent conservatives called the moral poverty theory, that basically predicted an oncoming onslaught of superpredator black male criminals.

This theory was featured in the Weekly standard, time magazine, newsweek, the new york times, etc.

Politicians both Democrat and Republican cited this alleged theory to push forth draconian changes.

This theory was based completely on fear and racism since crime was actually declining nationwide.

Yet a theory was put forth that in the coming years that a new breed of black male teen supercrimnal would come to pass and that the criminal justice system had to act accordingly to deal with these amoral animals.

Legislation was passed in various states on the basis of this bs theory that had no basis in reality. Police were encouraged to look at the areas they policed as warzones and citizens as amoral animals on the basis of this bs theory that was debunked by reality.

Crime during the 90's had started a decline that continues to this day. The predicted superpredator black male teen criminals never materialized as their crime rates dropped as well.

Yet, the police tactics and the new stricter sentences were kept in place despite there being no justification.

So yes they were being irrational, racist, and fear based.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:49 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
The police can have any kind of weapon any other citizen can have. Why should there be any restrictions on them? It was really bad in the old days when city police were typicaly limited to .38 special revolvers and the bad guys were packing AKs and Uzis.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:52 AM

Quote:
You don't know what the fck I am even referring to.

In the 1990's there was this theory advanced by prominent conservatives called the moral poverty theory, that basically predicted an oncoming onslaught of superpredator black male criminals.

This theory was featured in the Weekly standard, time magazine, newsweek, the new york times, etc.

Politicians both Democrat and Republican cited this alleged theory to push forth draconian changes.

This theory was based completely on fear and racism since crime was actually declining nationwide.

Yet a theory was put forth that in the coming years that a new breed of black male teen supercrimnal would come to pass and that the criminal justice system had to act accordingly to deal with these amoral animals.

Legislation was passed in various states on the basis of this bs theory that had no basis in reality. Police were encouraged to look at the areas they policed as warzones and citizens as amoral animals on the basis of this bs theory that was debunked by reality.

Crime during the 90's had started a decline that continues to this day. The predicted superpredator black male teen criminals never materialized as their crime rates dropped as well.

Yet, the police tactics and the new stricter sentences were kept in place despite there being no justification.

So yes they were being irrational, racist, and fear based.
There are no urban areas in America that are like war zones today. All criminals are only carrying knives and handguns just like in Chicago and Detroit...lol...You should take a vacation to some of the nice areas of Chicago where the murder rate has skyrocketted this year and tell people there that they can safely walk around without fear of any kind of gunfire in their presence, because afterall there are no innocent children who have ever died in a gang shooting. Only criminals hurt criminals. Like I said, you have no experience of what you are talking about. Your regurgitated liberal logic has no weight up against the experiences of people who face these issues in the real world.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:01 AM

Quote:
There are no urban areas in America that are like war zones today. All criminals are only carrying knives and handguns just like in Chicago and Detroit...lol...You should take a vacation to some of the nice areas of Chicago where the murder rate has skyrocketted this year and tell people there that they can safely walk around without fear of any kind of gunfire in their presence, because afterall there are no innocent children who have ever died in a gang shooting. Only criminals hurt criminals. Like I said, you have no experience of what you are talking about. Your regurgitated liberal logic has no weight up against the experiences of people who face these issues in the real world.

Crime was higher in Chicago when I used to party in Chicago when I was a teen. Crime was higher nationwide when I was a teen by a lot actually.

What we now consider a warzone back in the 1990's would have been seen as an incredible miracle. Seriously.

Back when I was a teen 1000 people used to get murdered in Chicago every year.

Now its down to less than 500 and it is too high, but it is way less than it used to be.

Things got better.

Crime in Detroit is at low point compared to the 1990's.

This is objective reality.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Crime was higher in Chicago when I used to party in Chicago when I was a teen. Crime was higher nationwide when I was a teen by a lot actually.

What we now consider a warzone back in the 1990's would have been seen as an incredible miracle. Seriously.

Back when I was a teen 1000 people used to get murdered in Chicago every year.

Now its down to less than 500 and it is too high, but it is way less than it used to be.

Things got better.

Crime in Detroit is at low point compared to the 1990's.

This is objective reality.
This is because gang violence was so high back then compared to now, it has nothing to do with gun bans

Old 12-17-2012, 02:29 AM

Quote:
This is because gang violence was so high back then compared to now, it has nothing to do with gun bans

I didn't suggest it did.

I was referencing a fear based paranoid racist conservative crime theory back in the 1990's called moral poverty theory.

These conservatives were pushing this theory of the coming of superpredators, black male criminals.

Their theory was featured in the Weekly Standard, time magazine, newsweek, the newyork times, etc.

The media and politicians would label black teen or child criminals as proof of the superpredator.

Politicians spoke on this bs theory. They passed legislation on the basis of it.

The police were encouraged to become more militaristic with more aggressive weapons as the result of this erroneous theory.

So I already know that conservatives are fear based, paranoid, and racist when it comes to violence and guns and that it is all tied up for them because I saw them do it already with the moral poverty theory bs.

This is why they are so scared to have guns regulated. They fear that the government will take their guns and they will be defenseless against urban criminals and it terrifies them.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:33 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Swat teams carry and use AR 15's, aren't those cops?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies