Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2013, 03:28 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooka View Post
Why is it a black thing? I am sick of people running their mouth about black this and that every time someone stubs their toe its well this black guy hurt his foot too. Jesus, can't you let others have a bit of air time without trying to push some black agenda? Its a real big turn off.
Funny thing is whites try to bring up blacks to make a point like this thread but don't support blacks in any other way or form. Do you think Spike Lee can get the funding of 83 million to make a good movie about slavery? Why is it that QT made a cartonish movie about slavery while still upholding white supremacy?

Spike couldn't do that, black shows that are ignorant aren't even watched by the masses in America, if he ain't ghetto and she ain't fat no interest is shown on behalf of whites...

I laugh at these bleeding heart libs, full of crap 100% of the time.

Truth is no one cares if blacks kill each other, if it was 27 black kids that died in the ghetto somewhere would it be talked about this much?

America is a expert on black issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 05:23 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
Who cares? Its mostly thugs and gang members, just doing the job so the cops don't have to.

Id agree with you except for the fact that areas like this hurt surrounding communities. And while not all are as deadly and violent as this one is, for example, they all have an impact on the communities of people around them, and economically.

The sad fact of the matter is, why is it that most deteriorating/ed places in this country are made up of a higher black population? It is one of those things we cant say if you are politically correct, but its just a fact.

The culture, acceptance, parenting, etc, etc of many black communities do more harm to this country than people are willing to admit. Look at the places in your state. Which places do you avoid? Which places are run down, filled with crime, etc? It usually isnt the white areas. It usually is the highly populated black areas.

We have a problem in this country. The black community needs to worry less about racism and "the man" and more about their own people and culture. And the fact of the matter is, it is up to them to get it straightened out. Lord knows, if you arent black and call attention to it or offer any solutions, you will get blasted by the black community and liberals who feed off of them, as racist. All you black people who vote Democrat all the time, need to realize they dont give a damn about you and your communities. They know they will always have your vote and they strive to help keep you in poverty on a large scale. A community of people who depend on the government for so much, is a community enslaved. And what comes along with that? Crime and violence that doesnt just hurt your areas of living, but the entire state and the nation.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:50 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Funny thing is whites try to bring up blacks to make a point like this thread but don't support blacks in any other way or form. Do you think Spike Lee can get the funding of 83 million to make a good movie about slavery? Why is it that QT made a cartonish movie about slavery while still upholding white supremacy?

Spike couldn't do that, black shows that are ignorant aren't even watched by the masses in America, if he ain't ghetto and she ain't fat no interest is shown on behalf of whites...

I laugh at these bleeding heart libs, full of crap 100% of the time.

Truth is no one cares if blacks kill each other, if it was 27 black kids that died in the ghetto somewhere would it be talked about this much?

America is a expert on black issues.
You're close to being right. Almost everyone is a sucker for kids, so yes, 26 cute black 5-7 year-olds murdered in a school would have been talked about as much and moved gun control from nowhere on the political agenda to near the top. There'd be less talk about mental illness, but overall the vast majority of people and media would have given it similar attention.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:26 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
Very few people seem to see the irony in Obama speaking at Newtown, when over 4000 black boys/men died in Chicago due to gun violence. 1 in 5 of the 4000, were innocent bystanders going to school, work, or simply in their homes.

Since Obama has resided in Chicago for a number of years, one would expect that he would have spoken out, but besides uttering maybe a sentence or two about 'stopping the violence,' no serious intervention has been discussed at length or devised.

I think most in this nation are tired of the glorification of violence, and senseless deaths. I'm amazed that Obama, Congress and the Senate seem to gloss over the most pressing gun violence that occurs on a routine basis.

It's time to end violence throughout this nation; especially in the areas most devastated by it.

WASHINGTON WATCH: Gun Violence Among Black Men - YouTube

Ironic, isn't it?

Yet Chicago has gun laws which restrict gun ownership!

Oddly, much higher per capita gun ownership areas have far less violence/murders. Perhaps it is the CULTURE and not the weapon? I guess if we were looking at statistics objectively, we would ban black people, rather than guns- for those who are into banning things.

A culture of violence creates murder- not the weapons. Do you think that there was violence in the world prior to the creation of firearms?

Old 01-04-2013, 06:33 AM

29,487 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Guns are banned in Chicago , this cannot be????
That's what I thought ?!?!? So what your saying is gun bans realy don't work ? I'm not believing that..

Old 01-04-2013, 06:39 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Default Over 4000 black boys/men died in Chicago due to gun violence

That's a social problem not a gun problem, this problem will go on forever.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:35 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
That's a social problem not a gun problem, this problem will go on forever.
I'll take it a step further. Its a black problem in many cases and it starts at the home, with then family, parents, upbringing, and the black community largely as a whole.

It isn't a coincidence that black population and crime/violence/poverty go hand in hand. Communities with a high black population mostly have ruined those areas and surrounding areas. Time for the black community to look in the mirror and not be enslaved to the politicians who hold them down and enable them to continue on this path. They now only destroy the black community but they are hurting the entire nation.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:59 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I'll take it a step further. Its a black problem in many cases and it starts at the home, with then family, parents, upbringing, and the black community largely as a whole.

It isn't a coincidence that black population and crime/violence/poverty go hand in hand. Communities with a high black population mostly have ruined those areas and surrounding areas. Time for the black community to look in the mirror and not be enslaved to the politicians who hold them down and enable them to continue on this path. They now only destroy the black community but they are hurting the entire nation.
Yup, I agree.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:36 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Only because Blacks are 8 times more likely to commit a gun homicide. If you have a problem with that, and it makes you a target for search and frisk just as airline passengers are such targets, too bad. Don't go whining on an internet forum merely because you have a racist chip on your shoulder.
Basically, you feel that because I'm Black, I deserved to be profiled. I'm not the one with a chip on my shoulder. My grievance is legitimate. If you have a problem with that, well, too bad, as you say.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:39 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
But there have been some efforts:

"Many successful gun violence interventions, including Boston's Operation Ceasefire, also go after illegal gun trafficking to reduce the number of guns available to youth. The Ceasefire Working Group looked at both the issues of supply and demand: Where were youths getting guns, and why were they acquiring them? In a nutshell, the answers were largely: Youths get guns through a ready supply of illicit firearms sold on the street, and they frequently acquire them because of their fears of being hurt or killed (voiced as self-protection).
Ceasefire tried several approaches at once. The Working Group decided to focus on traffickers of the types of guns used by Boston street gangs. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) worked closely with Boston police to flag guns that had recently been purchased (illegally) and used in a crime. "

Illegal Firearms Trafficking and Tracing | National Institute of Justice

Also in Atlanta---"Reducing Reducing Gun Violence: Community Problem Solving in Atlanta:

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/209800.pdf
Alot is being done. I notice in both cities, murder rates have been dropping over the last decade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies