Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2013, 06:52 AM

109 posts, read 239,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Lol Chicago is the deadliest first world mega city. I guess the part of Chicago not tied to Blacks is a world class city but when you include Blacks it goes down the list. I suspect if its demographics go to say 60% Black it will resemble Detroit, Memphis or Baltimore. Mercifully for Chicago Blacks only make up a third of its population and are concentrated in an easily avoided part of town.
So you're basically saying that the criminal culture of gangs, murder, and violence of Chicago is just some "black problem"? If that's the case, explain to all of us why Chicago annually led the nation in homicides and averaged 500 murders per year in the 1920's as a white majority city? People were being murdered in mass in Chicago long before blacks and latinos migrated here in bulk. It's not about racial demographics, you fool. It's about social conditions, poverty, and a culture of violence and as long as those three elements still remain there will be crime and murder in Chicago. If all the black people moved out of the slums, another ethnic group would just replace them and it starts all over again. People like you are incapable of looking past the racial dynamics of crime.

And some of you outtertowners need to stop pimping Chicago's homicide problem as an opportunity to make political statements about gun control, barack obama, race, democrats etc etc because people are REALLY dying out here. This is real life, not a video game. And while people are getting killed here everyday, some of you guys just rather sit around arguing over petty stuff and making political jokes about "welp, look how gun control works", "welp look what Obama/Democrat so and so are doing in Chicago" etc, yall dont give a da.mn about the people in Chicago. Do you think any of this matters to people in Chicago losing friends everyday? This is just a game for some people, manipulating the deaths of hundreds of people in Chicago as a political weapon to use against your opponents just to pass your political agendas and views off. There are SOME people outside Chicago who actually care, but atleast 60% who arent from here who comment on the city truly dont and just are exploiting our deaths as a political tool.

Last edited by SouthsideTillIDie; 01-07-2013 at 07:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 08:15 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthsideTillIDie View Post
So you're basically saying that the criminal culture of gangs, murder, and violence of Chicago is just some "black problem"? If that's the case, explain to all of us why Chicago annually led the nation in homicides and averaged 500 murders per year in the 1920's as a white majority city? People were being murdered in mass in Chicago long before blacks and latinos migrated here in bulk. It's not about racial demographics, you fool. It's about social conditions, poverty, and a culture of violence and as long as those three elements still remain there will be crime and murder in Chicago. If all the black people moved out of the slums, another ethnic group would just replace them and it starts all over again. People like you are incapable of looking past the racial dynamics of crime.

And some of you outtertowners need to stop pimping Chicago's homicide problem as an opportunity to make political statements about gun control, barack obama, race, democrats etc etc because people are REALLY dying out here. This is real life, not a video game. And while people are getting killed here everyday, some of you guys just rather sit around arguing over petty stuff and making political jokes about "welp, look how gun control works", "welp look what Obama/Democrat so and so are doing in Chicago" etc, yall dont give a da.mn about the people in Chicago. Do you think any of this matters to people in Chicago losing friends everyday? This is just a game for some people, manipulating the deaths of hundreds of people in Chicago as a political weapon to use against your opponents just to pass your political agendas and views off. There are SOME people outside Chicago who actually care, but atleast 60% who arent from here who comment on the city truly dont and just are exploiting our deaths as a political tool.
Go do some research and compare the rates of homicide in Chicago in the 20s compared to now and compare the homicide rate of Blacks during this period in Chicago and elsewhere compared to the general population and report back to us. Your post is empty on facts just emotion.

I do agree with one thing though gun control is not why Chicago is spiraling out of control it does get annoying seeing snarky comments about it being the reason for the carnage.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:24 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Lol Chicago is the deadliest first world mega city. I guess the part of Chicago not tied to Blacks is a world class city but when you include Blacks it goes down the list. I suspect if its demographics go to say 60% Black it will resemble Detroit, Memphis or Baltimore. Mercifully for Chicago Blacks only make up a third of its population and are concentrated in an easily avoided part of town.
Really? Then explain Atlanta,GA, which is a world class city, which had the Summer Olympics. The crime rate here has dropped alot over the past 20 years. I can walk around Atlanta and not worry about getting shot(and I've done it, alone). Atlanta doesn't resemble Baltimore, Detroit, or Memphis. You know why? Atlanta isn't as poor as those cities. Last time I checked, alot of middle-class Blacks from Chicago, Memphis, and Detroit often leave those places to go to Atlanta. Result: A more educated Black population in Atlanta, less issues.

Personally, I would be more afraid to walk around the city of Moscow,Russia by myself, given the severe racial tensions that exist in that city. BTW, Russia has a murder rate 3-5 times higher than the USA, quite interesting considering a very miniscule Black population.

And if you think gangs and criminal activity is specific to being Black, then you obviously know nothing about Chicago's history. This has been a violent city since the days of Al Capone. Think about the Italian Mob. And it's not just limited to Chicago. When Italian immigrants were moving to Philadephia, they had a higher murder rate than the Black population in Philadelphia.

I have a question for you. Do you have nothing better to do than bash your own race? I have to ask, and I'm looking for an answer from you because you must understand, at the end of the day, no one is going to make a distinction between you, a Black man of foreign extraction, and me, a Black American. If you have Black ancestry, you will be treated the same no matter where you come from.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Really? Then explain Atlanta,GA, which is a world class city, which had the Summer Olympics. The crime rate here has dropped alot over the past 20 years. I can walk around Atlanta and not worry about getting shot(and I've done it, alone). Atlanta doesn't resemble Baltimore, Detroit, or Memphis. You know why? Atlanta isn't as poor as those cities. Last time I checked, alot of middle-class Blacks from Chicago, Memphis, and Detroit often leave those places to go to Atlanta. Result: A more educated Black population in Atlanta, less issues.

Personally, I would be more afraid to walk around the city of Moscow,Russia by myself, given the severe racial tensions that exist in that city. BTW, Russia has a murder rate 3-5 times higher than the USA, quite interesting considering a very miniscule Black population.
The Black population has also dropped in Atlanta proper but has risen in the Atlanta suburbs and guess what? Oh well read it for yourself.
Crime Migrates to the Suburbs - WSJ.com
Quote:
New suburban residents include people who moved from tough urban neighborhoods, lured in part by cheaper rents in some suburbs like Clayton County. Some were pushed out of cities like Atlanta by urban gentrification and public-housing demolition. Many hoped for less crime, but some who came were criminals.
Clayton County, where Mr. Balde lived, was rural but today is full of homes and apartment complexes that house people who migrated over the past decade and a half from Atlanta's gritty south side and, after 2005, from the Gulf Coast following Hurricane Katrina. Unemployment, at 10.5% in October, was far above the national rate of 7.9% that month. Its home-foreclosure rate is more than double the national average.
LaShanda Sims, a 21-year-old hairstylist who lives a few doors down from where Mr. Balde was killed, said her family moved to the county from Philadelphia 10 years ago. Things were peaceful at first but soon, people from Atlanta started to move in to the apartment complex where she lives, and crime increased, she said.
In 2005, "when the Katrina people came, then it all went down fast," she said. Violence, open drug sales and vandalism swept into their community. Last year, the family moved to their rented house in Mr. Balde's subdivision to get away from crime. They felt safer until a rash of burglaries and Mr. Balde's killing.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:29 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
How can you argue that it's the same thing? Flying lasts a few hours and it's occupational. Being Black lasts forever, and it's something one is born with. I cannot fathom how you could make such a foolish comparison. I'm done trying to impart some wisdom to you.
Get the HUGE race chip off your shoulder, and you'll begin to understand. Profile airline flyers. Profile Blacks. It's the same thing.

Your 'profile thee, but not me' stance is EXTREMELY hypocritical.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
The Black population has also dropped in Atlanta proper but has risen in the Atlanta suburbs and guess what? Oh well read it for yourself.
Crime Migrates to the Suburbs - WSJ.com
But think about this. Those were mostly housing projects being torn down, which meant alot of residents went into Clayton County and points south. And not only that, you have Hispanic gangs in places like Gwinnett County. This isn't just a "Black problem". Go out to where I live in Paulding County. A few months ago there was a bust for narcotics. An old White guy. We also have problems with meth out here. Not a large Black population out here.

But Atlanta is still majority Black, and isn't as scary as Chicago. Perhaps the problem has more to do with the dynamics that exist within the city of Chicago as opposed to Atlanta. Why is it that more Blacks want to go to Atlanta and Houston, and not Chicago anymore? Atlanta is obviously doing something right compared to Baltimore or Chicago.

Again, I will ask. Do you have anything better to do than bash your own race?

Old 01-07-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
But think about this. Those were mostly housing projects being torn down, which meant alot of residents went into Clayton County and points south. And not only that, you have Hispanic gangs in places like Gwinnett County. This isn't just a "Black problem". Go out to where I live in Paulding County. A few months ago there was a bust for narcotics. An old White guy. We also have problems with meth out here. Not a large Black population out here.

But Atlanta is still majority Black, and isn't as scary as Chicago. Perhaps the problem has more to do with the dynamics that exist within the city of Chicago as opposed to Atlanta. Why is it that more Blacks want to go to Atlanta and Houston, and not Chicago anymore? Atlanta is obviously doing something right compared to Baltimore or Chicago.

Again, I will ask. Do you have anything better to do than bash your own race?
Green stop insulting my intelligence by cherry picking anecdotal stories. I've never said Blacks have the market exclusively cornered on crime they're just the dominant player.

LOL what would Blacks do without Hispanics? Yup the African killed in the story was gunned down by Hispanics. How many Hispanics were Katrina evacuees again?

Once you accept reality only then can you hope to fix the problem.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Green stop insulting my intelligence by cherry picking anecdotal stories. I've never said Blacks have the market exclusively cornered on crime they're just the dominant player.

LOL what would Blacks do without Hispanics? Yup the African killed in the story was gunned down by Hispanics. How many Hispanics were Katrina evacuees again?

Once you accept reality only then can you hope to fix the problem.
Actually, out in Los Angeles, alot of Blacks are being gunned down by Hispanic gang members. Not in Atlanta of course, but I was making a point. And in the Atlanta area, Hispanic gangs are controlling a big part of the drug market.

I never said there weren't crimes committed by Blacks. However, my problem is with YOU. You don't seem interested in solving problems. All you seem interested in is behaving arrogantly and putting down your own race. And you keep evading my question. Do you have anything better to do than bash Blacks?

Old 01-07-2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Actually, out in Los Angeles, alot of Blacks are being gunned down by Hispanic gang members. Not in Atlanta of course, but I was making a point. And in the Atlanta area, Hispanic gangs are controlling a big part of the drug market.

I never said there weren't crimes committed by Blacks. However, my problem is with YOU. You don't seem interested in solving problems. All you seem interested in is behaving arrogantly and putting down your own race. And you keep evading my question. Do you have anything better to do than bash Blacks?
Pointing out facts and trends is bashing? Sorry the truth hurts but it is what it is. Oh and to be clear I'm not "bashing" Blacks but attacking the noxious nonproductive culture many African Americans choose to adhere to.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Pointing out facts and trends is bashing? Sorry the truth hurts but it is what it is. Oh and to be clear I'm not "bashing" Blacks but attacking the noxious nonproductive culture many African Americans choose to adhere to.
I notice HOW you say alot of things. It is like you are saying "there is something wrong with Black people as a whole", basically blanketing the whole race. There is a difference between what this man is saying:

Michael Nutter - Mayor of Philadelphia Church Speech Sunday August 7, 2011 - YouTube

and what you are saying. There is even a difference between what Bill Cosby and Thomas Sowell say, and what YOU say. At least with Bill Cosby, Michael Nutter, and Thomas Sowell, they are calling out specific segments of the Black population and not lambasting the entire Black population as a whole. They truly care. Bill Cosby can come off as grumpy, but you can tell that he isn't lambasting the whole Black community. Thomas Sowell even gets down the roots of why there are certain pathologies within the Black community.

You, on the other hand, do not. I think you post alot of what you post out of arrogance. I don't see any kind of care or concern for Black Americans. I just see arrogance and an "I'm better than you" mentality. That is why I have a problem. There is a difference between "bashing the culture" and acting arrogant and basically saying "Blacks are A problem". I bash the the toxic culture as well, but I get to the root of the problem, I research things, I try my best not to be arrogant about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies