Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 11:33 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well of course, let's hire enough armed security personel for every school. That should shrink government.

Then we should have every teacher armed, of course that would mean that instead of qualifying for teaching they would need to spend the same amount of hours training and qualifying as the local police officer. That will certainly help school budgets.

Of course the simpler answer of limiting magazine capacity wouldn't be one logical solution.
It is amazing that these Republicans want "Union thugs" (teachers) to be armed, to be paid less as they dump more responsibilities on them.

They also expect teachers to just go along with all that gun totin' because they don't believe the teachers have the right to Just Say ""No, I'm not spending my time and my money(teachers all contribute some of their own money for "school supplies") to face down deranged killers.""

Maybe some of these gun totin' Republican parents can "man the stockade" at their school...ya know, CONTRIBUTE instead of putting ALL of THEIR responsibilty on the shoulders of "Union Thug" Teachers...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 11:34 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Really?

Why the hell would anyone feel they need one of those? Seriously?

Old 12-17-2012, 11:35 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I don't believe she was afraid of her own son. By many accounts, she took him to the shooting range for target practice. That doesn't sounds like someone who's afraid of her own son.
Well her friends in the saloon where she hung out said she DID express concern and was afraid of her son but maybe they were all too drunk to understand...

Old 12-17-2012, 11:36 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,877 times
Yaaaa, I don't think that is going to cut it. There were two CCW holders carrying in AZ when Giffords was shot. They almost shot themself, and did not stop the shooter, it was when the shooter had to reload a mag after his 33rd glock mag ran out. So I think that tired old bumper sticker is about worn out.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:40 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well her friends in the saloon where she hung out said she DID express concern and was afraid of her son but maybe they were all too drunk to understand...
She was just a delusional as he was if she thought training him at the firing range was a good idea.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:45 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well of course, let's hire enough armed security personel for every school. That should shrink government.

Then we should have every teacher armed, of course that would mean that instead of qualifying for teaching they would need to spend the same amount of hours training and qualifying as the local police officer. That will certainly help school budgets.

Of course the simpler answer of limiting magazine capacity wouldn't be one logical solution.
It takes 3 seconds to change a magazine and rechamber a round. A vest full of smaller magazines would not slow down a competent shooter.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:46 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
It takes 3 seconds to change a magazine and rechamber a round. A vest full of smaller magazines would not slow down a competent shooter.
But.......but.......but they are smaller so all is well in the eyes of these folks.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
It is amazing that these Republicans want "Union thugs" (teachers) to be armed, to be paid less as they dump more responsibilities on them.

They also expect teachers to just go along with all that gun totin' because they don't believe the teachers have the right to Just Say ""No, I'm not spending my time and my money(teachers all contribute some of their own money for "school supplies") to face down deranged killers.""

Maybe some of these gun totin' Republican parents can "man the stockade" at their school...ya know, CONTRIBUTE instead of putting ALL of THEIR responsibilty on the shoulders of "Union Thug" Teachers...
I'm not sure who you're talking about. I, for one, have not advocated for arming teachers, but i'm sure others have.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:58 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
Quote:
When the police showed up, the attacker stopped his assault and committed suicide. One can reasonably deduce that he did so because the police, with guns aimed and ready, were there to stop the carnage.

I'm not sure arming teachers is the answer, but the fact remains that people don't generally attack others who are also armed. That's what 2nd Amendment rights are all about, and any attack on those rights should be defended.

His mother owned 5 and they did her no good.

He was already dead when the police arrived. They had zero impact on his actions. Like you I can not tell you what motivated his suicide at that moment. I'm glad he did and no one else was hurt... not even the cops.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
His mother owned 5 and they did her no good.

He was already dead when the police arrived. They had zero impact on his actions. Like you I can not tell you what motivated his suicide at that moment. I'm glad he did and no one else was hurt... not even the cops.
False. It's been widely reported that the shooting stopped when police arrived on the scene. Some have indicated it was the sound of sirens. Those with sirens are the "men with guns." The shooter stopped when police were responding to his actions.

I really don't understand why you and your liberal cohorts insist on going down in the weeds over an irrelevant point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies