Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 05:53 PM

10,744 posts, read 23,798,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Nope. Liberals are incapable of having a mature discussion about anything.
Sure, because the gun advocacy like Ted Nugent is so mature. Or the wingnuts of the extreme right blaming Gay Marriage for Hurricane Sandy and the CT Massacre is mature. Or the innability for folks like yourself to meet anywhere in the middle based on kneejerk response like yours based on the assumption every liberal is immature. Get real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 06:20 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had to change names View Post
You should choose a weapon for what you intend to use it for or feel the need of. I believe we are going to have an armed uprising to restore our government one day. I choose to be prepared for that should it occur in my lifetime. I also believe if I am to continue to feed my family I must be able to hunt as our government moves us to another depression and people will no longer be able to buy food.
I am choosing a weapon for what I intend to use it for, and that is for my protection. It is either a 12 gauge, or a .4XX caliber rifle or bigger. I just sold my Reminington .458 Win Mag, and I have been using my old Mossberg 500 as a camp gun. Now it is time to buy an Akdal MKA 1919 AR-15 style 12 gauge shotgun with a couple 10 round magazines. Loaded with .65 cal. Brenneke Sabot slugs, it should be adequate for my needs, but I will still carry my Ruger .44 Mag. revolver as backup.

For hunting I use either my Reimington 570 with a 28" barrel and a modified choke, or my .3006, depending on what I am hunting. I have been hunting for 50 years, and I will continue to do so until I am no longer able. In another two years I will be old enough to get a free hunting and fishing license for the rest of my life.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:37 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Sure, because the gun advocacy like Ted Nugent is so mature. Or the wingnuts of the extreme right blaming Gay Marriage for Hurricane Sandy and the CT Massacre is mature. Or the innability for folks like yourself to meet anywhere in the middle based on kneejerk response like yours based on the assumption every liberal is immature. Get real.
Let's meet in the middle on other constitutional rights. Let's reopen the abortion issue - certainly we can find some common-sense restrictions on abortion without stomping on your rights. And privacy and the 4th Amendment are so outdated. We can surely find some middle ground there which allows the government into your personal life. And even you have to agree that we shouldn't have illegals voting - let's find some middle ground.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:50 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecreepingwolf View Post
Yes it is possible to have a mature discussion but it just doesn't often happen. FYI the gun used in the Sandy Hook shooting functione the exact same way as the handgun the vid you posted. It was SEMI-automatic; not a "machine gun". It fired one shot per trigger pull.
^ This ^. I can't have a rational debate with folks who don't know the difference between a fully-automatic gun and a semi-automatic one. It's difficult to debate when people don't even know what kind of gun was used in the recent killings. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but it kinda becomes pointless.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:23 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,615,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
^ This ^. I can't have a rational debate with folks who don't know the difference between a fully-automatic gun and a semi-automatic one. It's difficult to debate when people don't even know what kind of gun was used in the recent killings. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but it kinda becomes pointless.
And politicians who don't know the difference between a clip and a magazine take advantage of that to restrict law abiding citizens from having firearms, meanwhile they drive around with a slew of armed guards who have weapons.

Hypocrites much??

Old 12-18-2012, 07:28 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,184,958 times
Quote:
With the story posted up above, I'd like to bring up a point. The 71 year old guy in Florida was able to intervene with a simple handgun. The 2nd amendment laws protecting the right of gun ownership should remain intact. One question that begs to be asked though is why is it that automatic assault weapons such as the ones used in Aurora and Newtown are in the hands of civilians?

Why is it that we must have the extremes. What is the purpose of having the NRA crowd vehemently defending civilian rights to own assault weapons firing up to 50 rounds per minute. Do we really think that our 18th century forefathers envisioned this when authoring the Constitution? And at the other extreme why must the discussion of gun regulations be a threat to the NRA crowd, since when does that have to mean taking away all guns for use of self defense?
Automatic weapons? Um no...they were semi only.

And a whole "50 round" a minute? LMAO

Try adjustable from about 2,000 RPM to 6,000 RPM.

Ignorance is bliss....

Crazy Mini-Gun - YouTube

Old 12-18-2012, 07:38 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Actually, Glitch is pointing out, rightfully, that taking away inherent rights is a slippery slope. Today it's the 2nd amendment, but next year it could be the 1st amendment.
And you and Glitch should both know that "slippery slope" is a logical FALLACY!

The Logical Fallacies: Slippery Slope

Old 12-19-2012, 08:00 AM

239 posts, read 192,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
And you and Glitch should both know that "slippery slope" is a logical FALLACY!

The Logical Fallacies: Slippery Slope
That's what they said back in the 60's and 70's when they took prayer out of school and people said it was a slipper slope and that one day we would have kids coming to school and killing other kids and their teachers. See how wrong it was!

Old 12-19-2012, 08:05 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times
Quote:
From a rational point of view I don't believe they envisioned automatic weapons firing 50 rounds per minute falling into the hands of mentally unstable people with intent to harm their own citizenry.
Dear genius.... AUTOMATIC WEAPONS are BANNED.... Get a fricking clue before you post irresponsible stuff.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:10 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had to change names View Post
That's what they said back in the 60's and 70's when they took prayer out of school and people said it was a slipper slope and that one day we would have kids coming to school and killing other kids and their teachers. See how wrong it was!

Bath School disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies