Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 11:21 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,474,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I'm glad you have no problem with it but that is not the law right now, so that is out. And get rid of the silly notion that all "a la Israel " teachers carry guns. They don't. They actually have strict gun laws. Talk about ignoring facts .

Now what ? Do you have kids in school?
A few states allow it. After this tragedy a few more states are contemplating it. At least one person has been stopped by an armed faculty member (principle IIRC). Better to have and not need then vice versa.

Israel does have armed people in schools, this followed terrorist attacks on their schools. Since starting the program, school attacks have dropped to almost zero. You are correct about regular gun laws though. Israel is stricter then the US. Might want to ensure your facts.

My child will be starting school too soon for me (2 years). My wife and I are going to have discussions about drugs, fires, and shootings prior to her first day.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:24 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbrooklyn View Post
Has anyone heard a statement form the NRA? Their twitter account has gone silent and they took down their facebook page. I guess they are on vacation until the countries attention turn back to the fiscal cliff then it's back to convincing people that they exist to make sure every American can protect them self.

why dont you look up the Gun Owners of America, also known as the GOA they had statements and everything in the aftermath of the murderzones put up by the federal goverment.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:36 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,474 times
Shyt...when I was in school the janitor probably had a gun.

I know for a fact he had at least a Buck 110 bare minimum.

He also had more balls than those puss teachers and would have used it.

His 4 foot pipe wrench and a whole bunch of other weapons.

Of course back then they were skilled repairmen.

Now they just clean up the puke and mop the floor.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:16 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Default So here's their statement ...

NRA calls for armed police officer in every school - Yahoo! News

Quote:
The nation's largest gun-rights lobby called Friday for armed police officers to be posted in every American school to stop the next killer "waiting in the wings."
I believe some CD posters are of this position.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:35 AM

57,281 posts, read 26,206,502 times
So the NRA's solution is armed guards everywhere, more intense tracking of mental patients (not guns), no change to the present gun laws, well at least now we know their plan. Seems like they failed to meantion the gun part of the problem.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:10 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
A few states allow it. After this tragedy a few more states are contemplating it. At least one person has been stopped by an armed faculty member (principle IIRC). Better to have and not need then vice versa.

Israel does have armed people in schools, this followed terrorist attacks on their schools. Since starting the program, school attacks have dropped to almost zero. You are correct about regular gun laws though. Israel is stricter then the US. Might want to ensure your facts.

My child will be starting school too soon for me (2 years). My wife and I are going to have discussions about drugs, fires, and shootings prior to her first day.
Only teachers in the West Bank carry arms - certainly not ALL Israeli teachers.

I'm only aware of one state that allows guns in school and that is Indiana. Several states may now be considering it - but . . .

It's great that you are going to have discussions about all this - but the fact is - when your little one goes to school - you turn her safety over to school officials. They are there - you are not.

I'm just trying to give you some sense of the terror that many parents feel with no clear answers. They send their child to school and have no control over their safety at that point.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:10 PM

863 posts, read 2,108,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
why dont you look up the Gun Owners of America, also known as the GOA they had statements and everything in the aftermath of the murderzones put up by the federal goverment.
I am not sure what you mean by murder zones put up by the federal government. The NRA proved mypoint today by coming out blaming everyone but the easy access to guns. I know people let's do all of this but the problem is media (he did not use a cam) and video games (he did not use a flying disk)

Keep fooling yourself people. I never understand why gun owners are either all guns or no limits on guns at all. Come on people we can put someone in space but our only option is arm everyone or no guns at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies