Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 04:01 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,840,537 times

Advertisements

[quote=Iamme73;27383592]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
OK.........

What I wrote was reasonable. US government policy should be to limit and greatly lower gun violence.

I think that is a very reasonable policy goal of any sane society.

The way you do that is to closely track guns. The society makes producing, and selling guns less profitable and more regulated with stiffer penalties and more oversight.

Also make gun ownership more of a hassle and more expensive.

Finally you put social pressure in getting the word out on just how dangerous these tools are to the safety of American citizens so that being on that lunatic fringe becomes less and less attractive.

So basically your post to me was irrelevant because it addressed nothing I wrote.
And you adderessed nothing in my post to you. You must want the freedom to make claims without substantiating them or explaining yourself intelligently. So, I echo your own words right back to you....

your post to me was irrelevant because it addressed nothing I wrote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 04:05 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,384,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post

Many are conspiracy theorists, and racists who are ruled by fear.
The American population is 311 million in 2011. There are at a minimum 200 million guns, and most numbers are in the 300 million range.

No matter how you dice it, you're calling a majority of Americans conspiracy theorists and racists who are ruled by fear. Do you honestly think that is really true?

Old 12-17-2012, 04:14 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,840,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
The American population is 311 million in 2011. There are at a minimum 200 million guns, and most numbers are in the 300 million range.

No matter how you dice it, you're calling a majority of Americans conspiracy theorists and racists who are ruled by fear. Do you honestly think that is really true?
Of course he does. They think anyone living in middle America is a racist nut controled by fear.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:21 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,267,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Every now and then one comes across a post that makes one laugh and shake his/her head.

It's a tie!

Maybe a 3-way tie:

Nothing on earth will ever prove your point because your point is just plain silly. And wrong.
lol
Well, opinions will vary.

Any attempt to engage me so far doesn't even address what was written. It is more projection and fantasy.

If I believed what gun nuts believe I wouldn't want to discuss those beliefs in public either.

They are crazy.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:23 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,179,720 times
Why am I so stubborn?

Antis just p*ss me off!

I'm not dying today...not on their terms.

I own my own life...stay out of it.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
And you'd be surprised at just how few of those there are compared to the majority of gun owners in this country. Of course , you likely believe that anyone who owns a gun is a racist conspiracy theory nut don't you?
I believe there are a lot of gun nuts in this nation. They are afraid, they are paranoid and they are racist. They don't understand the connection between limiting guns and a safer society. Against all logic they believe the most safe societies should have total gun ownership, despite the reality of nation's that are far safer.

They are caught up in government overthrow fantasies, saving their families in gun fight fantasies. They are caught up in overwhelming fear of urban criminals. They are insane.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:34 PM

13,562 posts, read 21,314,823 times
Quote:
. They are afraid, they are paranoid and they are racist. .

Odd, on this forum it is the anti gunners who say give a teacher a gun and they will turn on students, give a college person the right to carry and they will go to a keg party and shoot it up. Seems to me that is being afraid and paranoid not to mention stereotyping.

So is it that is afraid and untrusting of their fellow people?

Old 12-17-2012, 04:35 PM

[quote=WhipperSnapper 88;27383820]
Quote:

And you adderessed nothing in my post to you. You must want the freedom to make claims without substantiating them or explaining yourself intelligently. So, I echo your own words right back to you....

your post to me was irrelevant because it addressed nothing I wrote
I answered the original question about reasonable gun policy.

The rest of your questions aren't really questions, but more importantly, they are irrelevant distractions.

If you want to talk about gun policy, then the goal of the society has to be known. The goal of the this nation should be to limit gun violence. I describe a policy that would get there.

Of course if you believe that the policy goal surrounding guns should be something different then you are free to articulate that vision.

Now you don't like that I use the term gun nuts, believe you I don't like the fact that so many gun nuts exist, but what can you do.

I have seen no one refute my claims about what gun nuts believe and just how insane those beliefs are to normal rational people.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:36 PM

13,562 posts, read 21,314,823 times
Quote:
, saving their families in gun fight fantasies. They are caught up in overwhelming fear of urban criminals. They are insane.

I have one quote to say in response, which one day you may utter hopefully not...."never thought it would happen to me".

Old 12-17-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post

First, I would have no problem with saying that if I believed it to be true.

I don't think most Americans own guns. I don't think most Americans who own guns are gun nuts.

But some of them are persuaded by the insane arguments of gun nuts.

And I do think there is a sizable percentage of gun nuts in this nation who are ruled by fear, ruled by fantasies of overthrowing the government, racism, etc.

They believe these things. And a lot of them are in the NRA and a lot of them are conservative. This is where their political power rests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies