Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 09:14 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
On campus is on campus. You don't get to split hairs, especially when they're irrelevant.
Just providing more details for you, in a locked car is much different than in a school. But yes, the gun was "on campus" in a locked car not on the administrator, therefore they were not an armed administrator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
You don't have to. They are plentiful.
So are guns apparently.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Clueless is as clueless writes, I guess.

First of all, the weapon used by the Bad Guy in this instance was a lever action rifle, not a handgun of any kind or even a semi-automatic weapon.

Second, the .45 pistol that stopped the carnage WAS a semi-automatic weapon.

This is why people like you shouldn't involve yourself in topics you don't know anything about. You blather on about what should or shouldn't be done, and you don't even know what the heck you're talking about. I'd be embarrassed for you, if I actually respected you.
Because one can't stop carnage with just a regular gun?

Old 12-17-2012, 09:17 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times
You should get some earrings for your wife with miniatures of your purchases. For those romantic nights... on the town.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:19 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,141,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Apparently I know the difference between good areas to live and walk than you do. So yes, I must live a charmed life. I have had my car broken into once, but I was no where near my vehicle at the time of it, so my life wasn't in danger only my car window was.
Is that your answer to wrongly assuming that Swagger would never be approached by
a criminal with a gun? Where's the empathy for the danger he was in? He should just
live in a better area? Isn't Newton a "good" area?

Old 12-17-2012, 09:19 PM

23,856 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Teachers should be in our schools to teach, not police.
Agreed. Yet these things do happen.

A teacher can be prepared for the worst without taking on a policing role. All I'm suggesting is that you allow them to do so. Why on earth would you oppose that, if you're willing to accept an armed guard on campus? It's a contradictory position.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Is that your answer to wrongly assuming that Swagger would never be approached by
a criminal with a gun? Where's the empathy for the danger he was in? He should just
live in a better area? Isn't Newton a "good" area?
Odd, I do my shopping in Jersey City and have never wished or feared for my life thinking I needed to have a gun on me at all times. Guess some of us aren't afraid of our surroundings. Also, I feel less safe when I see people around me carrying guns.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Agreed. Yet these things do happen.

A teacher can be prepared for the worst without taking on a policing role. All I'm suggesting is that you allow them to do so. Why on earth would you oppose that, if you're willing to accept an armed guard on campus? It's a contradictory position.
Because that is where I have drawn the line, I do not support arming our teachers, I do support having a trained officer at our schools. I went to a school that had an armed guard, I am fine with that I felt plenty safe with him around. I didn't need my 62 year old English teacher to also be packing.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:40 PM

23,856 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
you created a thread to brag about your guns, plain and simple, this is not the time to brag about your arsenal.
A. That's not why I created the thread, and anyone who doesn't have a mind clouded with anger and other emotions has seen that.

B. These are only my latest acquisitions, and they were purchased for a specific purpose. Again, if you'd been paying attention, you'd know that. They do not constitute an "arsenal," and your use of the word was clearly meant to evoke an emotional response in either me or the other readers in a lame attempt to portray me as some sort of "gun nut."

Quote:
The second comment was in response to a comment that we should have every teacher armed
WRONG. WRONG. WRONG.

I NEVER suggested that all teachers should be armed, and I never would. I don't want a gun in the hands of anyone that doesn't want one. I merely stated that teachers and other faculty members should not be barred from arming themselves if they so desire. It's quite a contradictory position to say that you're ok with an armed guard on campus, but you're opposed to teachers and administrators protecting themselves and the students with the same tools.

Quote:
I am more than happy to add you to my ignore list and move on.
If you feel that's what you need to do in order to feel good about your position, then by all means... I realize that logic hurts when your argument is based on emotion, but it's your fault that you've chosen an indefensible position, not mine.

Caio!

Old 12-17-2012, 09:41 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
See he had a pistol no need for a semi automatic weapon. Thanks for making our point.
Edward, you're rational on so many threads, how do you loose it so badly here? Do you have any idea what a pistol is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies