Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2012, 12:49 PM

18,456 posts, read 19,101,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
No they're not. Many late term abortions are done for medical reasons but many are not. Who can say why some woman will wait so long to make up her mind, but some decide to get an abortion at that stage of pregnancy. There are plenty of abortion doctors who make a living catering to this subset of abortions. Many of them get by state law by deliberately misinterpreting the time of conception.

For those women who get it for medical reasons, I have nothing against them.

If they're going to wait that long, sorry. I don't particularly care for them. Two wrongs don't make a right.

again you need to get educated and not just assume what you think is true. late term abortions are not done on demand. try calling a clinic and tell them you have a friend looking to abort a healthy 8 month along pregnancy and see how far ya get. you have any credible link to offer what you say is true? I doubt it just more anti choice BS.

you "don't particularly care" for lots of women, I am not surprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 12:57 PM

769 posts, read 1,009,725 times
I really hope the uneducated, ignorant psychopaths that make up the far right wing keep on pushing the abortion issue, that way we can just hand them (and all of their outdated social ideas) another defeat in 2016.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:02 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,069,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
again you need to get educated and not just assume what you think is true. late term abortions are not done on demand. try calling a clinic and tell them you have a friend looking to abort a healthy 8 month along pregnancy and see how far ya get. you have any credible link to offer what you say is true? I doubt it just more anti choice BS.
I can post examples. If I post examples of clinics busted and abortion doctors tried for murder for performing late term abortions on demand for thousands of women, will you sign off and never come back to CD? Don't be so hot headed when you're the ignorant (or dishonest) one.

Quote:
you "don't particularly care" for lots of women, I am not surprised.
I care about lots of women, most of all my daughter. But I don't particularly care about women who get a late term abortion. Even if they were raped. They should have gotten one sooner. Now if their life is in jeopardy that's another matter entirely otherwise whether thousands die in a back alley or not, I'll sleep the same. I consider them no morally different than other men or women who murder their infants.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:24 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,248,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post
I really hope the uneducated, ignorant psychopaths that make up the far right wing keep on pushing the abortion issue, that way we can just hand them (and all of their outdated social ideas) another defeat in 2016.
dang psychopaths thinking protecting an unborn helpless human is important, so much better not to be a psychopath and deny life to those that can do nothing about it.The left is so superior in demanding the right to kill.
So you think the people who support demanding humans being denied their life are normal and those that do no support such massive death are psychopaths.
Interesting point of view

Old 12-21-2012, 01:34 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,354,491 times
Hundreds of posts on this one thread about a topic that's been beat to death on this forum.

In the US no can force a woman to have an abortion AND no can force and woman to continue an unwanted pregnancy.

Sounds fair to me.

Let's move on....

Old 12-21-2012, 01:35 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,101,850 times
Quote:
I can post examples. If I post examples of clinics busted and abortion doctors tried for murder for performing late term abortions on demand for thousands of women, will you sign off and never come back to CD? Don't be so hot headed when you're the ignorant (or dishonest) one.

I care about lots of women, most of all my daughter. But I don't particularly care about women who get a late term abortion. Even if they were raped. They should have gotten one sooner. Now if their life is in jeopardy that's another matter entirely otherwise whether thousands die in a back alley or not, I'll sleep the same. I consider them no morally different than other men or women who murder their infants.
So....you want to inject abortions performed ILLEGALLY into the abortion debate?

Guess you don't get to whine when people try to use school shooters and their ilk as an excuse to curb gun rights, do ya?

Karma.....gotta love it.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
So....you want to inject abortions performed ILLEGALLY into the abortion debate?

Guess you don't get to whine when people try to use school shooters and their ilk as an excuse to curb gun rights, do ya?

Karma.....gotta love it.
In just about every state late term abortion is illegal if not done out of medical necessity. So some doctors fudge either the conception date or the medical necessity condition to get business ($$).

How am I to post examples of legal late term abortion on demand when it's mostly illegal?

Old 12-21-2012, 01:37 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,264,387 times
Quote:

Is the bolded legal? Or are there already restrictions on this procedure? Most states have a cut off time when elective abortion may happen, generally 20-24 weeks.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Is the bolded legal? Or are there already restrictions on this procedure? Most states have a cut off time when elective abortion may happen, generally 20-24 weeks.
Of course it's illegal in most states. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen. In fact it happens fairly frequently enough that these busts are not rare at all. The huluhulu girl claims late-term abortions are only performed for medical reasons. I'm saying that is not true.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:40 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,264,387 times
Quote:
In just about every state late term abortion is illegal if not done out of medical necessity. So some doctors fudge either the conception date or the medical necessity condition to get business ($$).

How am I to post examples of legal late term abortion on demand when it's mostly illegal?
How are you planning to make something illegal that is ALREADY illegal? Those that fudge the dates can be punished if they are found out. What else do you want?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies