Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2012, 01:36 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Actually it's more similar a parasite, then a person.
You're fortunate your mother didn't share your sick thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 01:39 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
The more abortions the better in the minds of liberals.
BS. If that was true, then why do liberals support birth control and sex education?

Last edited by KaaBoom; 12-20-2012 at 01:51 AM..

Old 12-20-2012, 01:42 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
You're fortunate your mother didn't share your sick thinking.
How would we know and why would we care?
Don't inflict your sick thinking on us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
BS. If that was true, then why do liberal support birth control and sex education?
Hahaha.
Trying to use facts with religious ferverts!

Old 12-20-2012, 01:48 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
1 million fetuses?

If you somehow got put in a situation to have to choose, 20 elementary students shot dead, or 1 million babies killed before they are born.

Which would you choose?
The right wingers would choose the one million. Because they don't care about babies after they are born. 20 elementary students shot dead, is just a small price to pay for our freedom to own assault weapons. No big deal.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:59 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
What a fuss the pro "choice" crowd makes if someone even questions whether abortions should be banned or not.
Why is the killing of one million less significant than the killing of twenty children. This is a sick, sick society if we can't even see the illogic in that.
Perhaps you should ask a better question as to why people don't take sex as a "responsibility" instead. I am a liberal and I'm not fond of abortions but Roe vs Wade is the law of the land as defined by the Supreme Court & the Constitution.
What I find hypocritical about the "pro-lifers" is that once these unwanted pregnancies do bring a child into the world you turn your backs on them calling them " welfare moms", "irresponsible", baby making machines" & "whores" then deny them social assistance.
You can't be preaching the morals of terminating a pregnancy yet when the child is born you want to deny the parent who wasn't prepared to bring another life into this world any aid they need.
It's called hypocrisy. As Monty Python classically said "every fetus is sacred" until they are born and then you are on your own.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:04 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
What a fuss the pro "choice" crowd makes if someone even questions whether abortions should be banned or not.
Why is the killing of one million less significant than the killing of twenty children. This is a sick, sick society if we can't even see the illogic in that.
Unfortunately, you devalue life when you make it legal to kill at any age. That is something society refuses to see. Each human being here started as an embryo. That is OUR beginning. From there we just need to be given the time to grow up. That's what all small humans need whether still inside their mother or out.

We have drawn a line in the sand and said that pre-birth life has no value if it is inconvenient me and post birth it has value even if it is inconvenient to me but that's not a logical line to draw. Others may percieve that any life that is deemed inconvenient to them has no value regardless of the age of the person.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Unfortunately, you devalue life when you make it legal to kill at any age. That is something society refuses to see. Each human being here started as an embryo. That is OUR beginning. From there we just need to be given the time to grow up. That's what all small humans need whether still inside their mother or out.

We have drawn a line in the sand and said that pre-birth life has no value if it is inconvenient me and post birth it has value even if it is inconvenient to me but that's not a logical line to draw. Others may percieve that any life that is deemed inconvenient to them has no value regardless of the age of the person.
How's this: don't want an abortion, don't get one.
Pretty simple.
My aborting has absolutely no effect on you.

Yet your breeding does have an effect on me and the entire planet.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:42 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
How's this: don't want an abortion, don't get one.
Pretty simple.
My aborting has absolutely no effect on you.

Yet your breeding does have an effect on me and the entire planet.
I am referring to the message society sends WRT the value of life. We have said, loud and clear, that life has no value if it has no value to me and is inconvenient to me. That being the case, what is the value of a life? Does life have any value?

It's been a while since I read the stats but post abortive women are far more likely to abuse subsequent children they have. It is believed that this is because they do not see humans smaller and weaker than them that are dependent on them as having value or has having less value than them. Especially if they're inconvenient to them.

The problem is that, beyond conception, there simply is no magic point where it's logical to say "This life has no value but that life does.". We have an arbitrary definition of when life has value. It should come as no surprise that some have their own arbitrary definition of the value of life that includes you and me having no value or our children having no value.

The problem with lines in the sand is they move with the wind. Our definition of when life has no value and when it has value is a line in the sand. It is based on the convenience of the person making the choice.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:54 AM

Quote:
I am referring to the message society sends WRT the value of life. We have said, loud and clear, that life has no value if it has no value to me and is inconvenient to me. That being the case, what is the value of a life? Does life have any value?

It's been a while since I read the stats but post abortive women are far more likely to abuse subsequent children they have. It is believed that this is because they do not see humans smaller and weaker than them that are dependent on them as having value or has having less value than them. Especially if they're inconvenient to them.

The problem is that, beyond conception, there simply is no magic point where it's logical to say "This life has no value but that life does.". We have an arbitrary definition of when life has value. It should come as no surprise that some have their own arbitrary definition of the value of life that includes you and me having no value or our children having no value.

The problem with lines in the sand is they move with the wind. Our definition of when life has no value and when it has value is a line in the sand. It is based on the convenience of the person making the choice.
BS.
Apparently those born don't have much value to society, people are blamed for being poor, using benefits, etc.
The existence of a fetus doesn't affect anyone.
So I call BS on your assessment.

What I highlighted in red is total BS. Provide some links or I have no reason to believe you.
Your "knowledge" doesn't have any credibility.
I read a lot about abortion and related issues because lots of idiots are posting garbage that's unfounded or based on religious or political drivel.

Sorry, your opinion holds no credibility for me.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:14 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:

I have never heard any such thing.

How about supplying some proof?

While you're at it.....how about explaining how forcing women to have children they didn't want in the first place is going to lower the amount of children who are neglected, abused, even murdered by their parents. Plenty of that going on.....ya know....by parents who wanted their children..... who chose not to abort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies