Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2012, 07:45 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,040 times

Advertisements

My gosh, from what I have read there are people lined up at abortion clinics everywhere offering to help those girls and I believe you people call them NUTS!!!!
Your soapbox is a slippery pile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 07:47 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
My gosh, from what I have read there are people lined up at abortion clinics everywhere offering to help those girls and I believe you people call them NUTS!!!!

what is it about a woman saying I do not want to be pregnant, or give birth do you not understand? and for that matter why is it your business what a woman you don't know does with her life?

Old 12-20-2012, 08:11 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,040 times
Did you ever hear that old joke about the difference between theory and reality?
It's not my business and I don't want to know about your personal business. I believe this is some kind of discussion board where people can and do discuss the issues of the day.
One day a coworker came to me and after a time told me she was pregnant, it was a difficult situation, and told me she was considering abortion. Well, because of my belief, I felt I should try and convince her to not have an abortion and I provided her with lots of information regarding this subject. She ended keeping the child, raising the child. One day she told me the reason she shared her problem with me was that she knew I would try to talk her out of it. She has told me that child is the best thing that ever happened in her life. I know she has had a rough life.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:15 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
[quote=Who?Me?!;27434045]HOW do YOU intend to force women to have babies??[/quote]

Quote:
Did you ever hear that old joke about the difference between theory and reality?
It's not my business and I don't want to know about your personal business. I believe this is some kind of discussion board where people can and do discuss the issues of the day.
One day a coworker came to me and after a time told me she was pregnant, it was a difficult situation, and told me she was considering abortion. Well, because of my belief, I felt I should try and convince her to not have an abortion and I provided her with lots of information regarding this subject. She ended keeping the child, raising the child. One day she told me the reason she shared her problem with me was that she knew I would try to talk her out of it. She has told me that child is the best thing that ever happened in her life. I know she has had a rough life.
I know women who are relieved and happy NOT to have had a baby, they had an abortion.

That negates your "true" story.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:21 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Not wanting to be pregnant is the part most prolifers seem to miss. It's also the part most women who have abortions think about since it's not really something you can do in private and it has a way of effecting everything in your life in a way that will follow you forever, regardless of the ending.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:51 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,980,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Go ahead. I won't turn you in.
Promise.
lol

Old 12-21-2012, 02:17 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,980,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Want to talk about a real tragedy? 463,000 children live in foster care. Less than 3% of those kids go to college, and 50% are HOMELESS when they age out. My boyfriend lived on the streets with his best friend who has cerebral palsy when they both aged out of the system. His best friend was relinquished at birth because of his disability (which, even now after years of declining condition because he has little to no support in getting access to services, is mild enough to let him live independently) and he NEVER FOUND a permanent home. This was after years of sexual, physical, and emotional abuse.

How is a system that is already broken going to handle an influx of children each year? How many of you pro-lifers have saved a child lately? And I don't mean a fetus. I mean the 16 year old at the group home who was impregnated by her last foster father, or the 10 year old kid with cerebral palsy or the 13 year old who walked in on his father's dead body after he ODed. These kids need our help, and we ALL are failing them. And then the right wing who clamors for them to be born looks down on them when they end up on government assistance for the rest of their lives because they have absolutely no sense of normalcy, stability, or safety and don't know how to live like those of us who grew up with families. Even the most dysfunctional of non-abusive families is more nurturing than a group home when it's kill or be killed.
100% right and nobody wants to talk about it these kids are pushed aside like an old shoe, does anybody ever wonder how these kids feel inside? How many of the holier than thou pro-lifers have adopted, most likely a handful and I wonder how many of the pro-life politicans have adopted also.

The right will say they are not paying for abortions and the right looks down when these children end up on govt assistance, they don't give a damn, they can preach on their pulpit all day long, most of us know the right is just turning their heads. It sickens me.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:40 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
100% right and nobody wants to talk about it these kids are pushed aside like an old shoe, does anybody ever wonder how these kids feel inside? How many of the holier than thou pro-lifers have adopted, most likely a handful and I wonder how many of the pro-life politicans have adopted also.

The right will say they are not paying for abortions and the right looks down when these children end up on govt assistance, they don't give a damn, they can preach on their pulpit all day long, most of us know the right is just turning their heads. It sickens me.
However you try to rationalize it, it's better for the kid to be born than never be at all. I mean if his life sucks so much he always has the choice of ending it.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:41 AM

376 posts, read 652,783 times
Default Yes this is a sick sick society

Quote:
What a fuss the pro "choice" crowd makes if someone even questions whether abortions should be banned or not.
Why is the killing of one million less significant than the killing of twenty children. This is a sick, sick society if we can't even see the illogic in that.
I feel terrible for all the families and people that knew these children and just how horrible this tragecy is but it is less horrible compared to the millions of babies that are killed before being born. What a silly and unscientific (but deadly) concept that a baby in its mother's womb is not a "person" until being born.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:30 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
They're not offering help, they're trying to control.
a pregnant person knows what's best for them, you do not.

How many unwanted disabled or drug addicted people have you taken care of?
You know, the ones who have been born.

Last edited by chielgirl; 12-21-2012 at 03:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies