Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 08:29 PM

488 posts, read 412,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
"A penny saved is a penny earned."
Liberal 'progressives' have no idea what you have quoted means and a child is not a penny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 08:33 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
The insinuation was clear and you know it... The fact is, liberals don't want to discuss, or debate, they want to dictate. You either agree with them or you are wrong.. No middle ground.. You wonder why we are so rigid? Look in the mirror.. Go read some of the threads on gun control in here.. It's ridiculous..

Old 12-17-2012, 08:35 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Old Ben was certainly right. It is amazing how many here are willing to give up their freedoms. What are they going to give up next? Freedom of speech maybe?
Yes, apparently. Many conservatives here have been suggesting the media should be prohibited from reporting the names of mass murderers and the details about who they are.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:37 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have,nor deserve,either one".

Is this in reference to the Patriot Act?

Old 12-17-2012, 08:38 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
The insinuation was clear and you know it... The fact is, liberals don't want to discuss, or debate, they want to dictate. You either agree with them or you are wrong.. No middle ground.. You wonder why we are so rigid? Look in the mirror.. Go read some of the threads on gun control in here.. It's ridiculous..
Then what is the answer? Give everyone a gun and make them carry it around 24/7? Is there even a country in this world that agrees with that? Yet we have a much higher gun violence rate than most others' countries.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:38 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Yes, apparently. Many conservatives here have been suggesting the media should be prohibited from reporting the names of mass murderers and the details about who they are.

Perhaps you could reference some. I have seen no such thing on these threads.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Is this in reference to the Patriot Act?
I believe it is, that was one bill that Republicans were proud of, giving up American freedoms in the name of safety.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:43 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Then what is the answer? Give everyone a gun and make them carry it around 24/7? Is there even a country in this world that agrees with that? Yet we have a much higher gun violence rate than most others' countries.
Once again, you are assuming you know what I think... I have stated what I believe in several threads and it is dismissed by the left, because it flys in the face of what you want to believe.. THe left never sits and thinks about possible solutions being brought forward, if it doesn't fit your agenda, it is dismissed out of hand.. I am sick and tired of typing the same things over and over and trying to get my point across.. If you want to know what I think a solution is, it's been repeated in here.. Go find it..

Old 12-17-2012, 08:44 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
How about taking a stab at interpreting what he actually "meant" though?
You find the quote cryptic? I think not. Franklin didn't speak in riddles, obliques but rather simple phrases whose meanings are abundantly clear to anyone who can read.

Quote:
If the Constitution and it's Amendments are open to interpretation...then surely a non-binding quip from Franklin is afforded the same luxury isn't it?
The Constitution and the Amendments are not open to interpretation. You can't attach any meaning to them that you like which is why we operate on the principle of stare decisis. We use both the foundational writings, long established interpretations of the law and prior decisions to divine the more ambiguous aspects of the Constitution, not whim.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Once again, you are assuming you know what I think... I have stated what I believe in several threads and it is dismissed by the left, because it flys in the face of what you want to believe.. THe left never sits and thinks about possible solutions being brought forward, if it doesn't fit your agenda, it is dismissed out of hand.. I am sick and tired of typing the same things over and over and trying to get my point across.. If you want to know what I think a solution is, it's been repeated in here.. Go find it..
I do not know what you think, thus is why I asked you what do you think? As for you stating it in other threads, I am sorry but I have missed your past comments. There are probably close to 100 active gun threads right now on here and I am only posting in a couple of them because I have no interest in getting into this conversation in each and every thread, I have been picking and choosing the ones that actually hold any interest for me, until that thread proves it is no longer of interest.

If you have no interest in explaining it to me, then I will be moving on, I have no interest in hunting through your posts to find your response to my question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies