Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 02:48 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
His voting record is all the proof one needs.
But that's not what you said. You said he campaigned on the issue.

Are you furiously backpedaling at this point?

Watch the video from your link, Einstein. And then either defend your assertion or admit the lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 02:52 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
But that's not what you said. You said he campaigned on the issue.

Are you furiously backpedaling at this point?

Watch the video from your link, Einstein. And then either defend your assertion or admit the lie.
I provided you with the proof. Whether you choose to acknowledge that proof or not is not my concern in the slightest.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
I provided you with the proof.
If you believe that then you don't have a clue what the word "proof means."

You said he campaigned on the issue of gun control. I gave you several opportunities to defend what we both knew was a lie, and of course you failed.

As usual.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
If you believe that then you don't have a clue what the word "proof means."

You said he campaigned on the issue of gun control. I gave you several opportunities to defend what we both knew was a lie, and of course you failed.

As usual.
Go back. Watch the video. Read the links. It provides all the proof one needs of Barack Obama espousing the idea of gun control. Assuming you aren't deaf and can read, I'm confident that even you will finally comprehend.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:15 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Its funny that you are still in election mode.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:12 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,935,815 times
Quote:
All these mass-murders, not including all of the singular murders that have taken place, and not one single effort to enact gun-control.

It's clear as day that this President was not interested in taking on the challenge of gun control until he could get a second term. Now, he's been handed the opportunity of his Presidency. One can only wonder why this President didn't have a spine during his first term? Did he intentionally until he no longer had to answer to the electorate?

Have any liberals stopped to give this thought? Your President, the guy you love, had not one ounce of intestinal fortitude during his first term. If gun control is his modus operandi, then he should have stepped forth as a LEADER and did something about it. Afterall, Newtown is far from the first instance of mass casualties since Obama was elected.

But he didn't. The politics of this new anti-gun movement is 100% rooted in the politics of second Presidential term and the lack of accountability that comes with it.

I find this to be very disturbing.

A history of mass shootings in the US since Columbine - Telegraph
As a right-winger, how can you complain about such inaction?? Those are all good customers. And how about your congress - oh yeah, republicans....

Old 12-18-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
As a right-winger, how can you complain about such inaction?? Those are all good customers. And how about your congress - oh yeah, republicans....
The thread is not about inaction per se. It's about politics over principle while people were being mass murdered during his first time. And now all of a sudden he has an appetite for it in a second term in which he has zero accountability to the people?

That's not leadership.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:32 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,519,740 times
Quote:
I think that's the single most stupid thing you've written in this forum in days. And that's saying something.
I don't understand how it's people with attitudes like this that have the highest reputation on CD. There's more of you, I guess.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:35 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
We should all find this distubing that you did not mention the 149 people who were victims of mass shootings, as listed in this link, while Bush was in office. Note that I included the 36 you listed, who were shot in 2008, before Obama became President. I do not recall Bush did anything to address the issue during his two terms.
In fact in 2004 he let the assault weapons ban expire and did absolutely NOTHING.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Go back. Watch the video. Read the links. It provides all the proof one needs of Barack Obama espousing the idea of gun control.
Stop trying to change the subject, It will not save you from your bald faced lie.

You claimed he campaigned on the issue of gun control. You were asked to give a single example.

You've been spinning in failure ever since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies