Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2012, 12:03 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Says the guy who knows that a thousands of years old comic book character exists.
I never saw Him as a comic book character till I saw some of you atheists whining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 12:05 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have read on CD so many posts about that day and never seen anyone mention God or where he was that day. Yes, one person did say that He was punishing us that day but for some reason nobody seems to wonder where He was that day. He wasn't in that school that day since we, through laws have pushed him out of the schools. I think he was there in the form of the teachers who willingly gave their lives trying to stop the slaughter. The Governor of Connecticut said much that same thing.

Where was God? Why didn't he stop that one from happening? How many prayers had those kids said of heard in that school? So many people have worked so hard to push God from those gun free zones we call public schools and now are surely wondering where he was and why He let that happen. If you don't want to hear the subject broached it is time to get away from this thread.

Huckabee: Where Was God During Connecticut Shooting?
Anyone that claims to know the personal whereabouts or musings of God is a charlatan of the 10th degree

Old 12-18-2012, 12:07 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
I will have to say that from this post and others from you, over time, that the derangement may well be with you people of the far left.

Right, ok genius.

So you accept that the shooting happened because of "lack of god," but discount the most obvious correlations between paranoia, mental illness, and weapons training.

Thank goodness there are actually people in this country with deductive reasoning skills left to wait out you deluded right wing dinosaur types!

Old 12-18-2012, 12:07 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
I didn't interpret what he said the same way you did. I heard him saying that through laws we have pushed God from our schools and the ACLU is always right there to squeal and howl if the wrong words are spoken.
I agree about that part, because there is some truth in it.

It is these words that make me wonder. It sounds like he is saying God punished the kids for something they had noting to do with. Maybe that's not the case. Actually knowing Huckabee that's probaly not the case

"We ask why there is violence in our schools, but we have systematically removed God from our schools," . "Should we be so surprised that schools would become a place of carnage?"

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-18-2012 at 12:17 PM..

Old 12-18-2012, 12:13 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
I don't think he has to be invited into a gun shop although last Tuesday the man who sold me that horrible semi-automatic 9mm had an answer for my question about why so many people were buying then. He simply said "They are afraid". He wasn't talking about afraid of what people like me stand for.
lol, I have no idea what you stand for. You start thread after thread, you claim to be a Christian, yet on thread after thread you call people names, say rude things about their political beliefs and yap about no one being smart enough to understand your posts.

What part of that is Christian?

Now then about all that fear: I'm assuming the gun shop owner was talking about those horrible atheists you seem to hate so much. Because the Bible is full of passages about having courage and overcoming fear. Christ did NOT teach His followers to go buy a gun if they are afraid.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:18 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Yes, when a group of atheists get together here and play their game they do **** me off, but I try to keep my temper in control. Do you really think I show them more hate than they do my God? Ok, you are one of them in many ways so keep on playing the game.
I don't hate anyone and I especially don't hate something that doesn't even exist....

If ya can't take the heat.......you know what to do...

Old 12-18-2012, 12:21 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
I have read on CD so many posts about that day and never seen anyone mention God or where he was that day. Yes, one person did say that He was punishing us that day but for some reason nobody seems to wonder where He was that day. He wasn't in that school that day since we, through laws have pushed him out of the schools. I think he was there in the form of the teachers who willingly gave their lives trying to stop the slaughter. The Governor of Connecticut said much that same thing.

Where was God? Why didn't he stop that one from happening? How many prayers had those kids said of heard in that school? So many people have worked so hard to push God from those gun free zones we call public schools and now are surely wondering where he was and why He let that happen. If you don't want to hear the subject broached it is time to get away from this thread.

What part of "FREE WILL" are you NOT understanding? If GOD stopped every bad thing from happening there would be no need for humans nor faith.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:22 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Thanks for all the words of wisdom. Of course, you know that you haven't changed my way of thinking and certainly never will by refusing to take a chance and look at a link. I am sure that you haven't looked at many of them, however, you always know what is in them with your wonderful power of knowing things like that.
You want everyone to read your links but YOU don't read any posts that prove you are incorrect in your thinking, .....or maybe you did and just couldn't understand them...

Old 12-18-2012, 12:32 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
You see, it's this stuff that scares the ever living daylights out of a lot of non-fundamentalists such as myself. And no, I am not an atheist. Its this belief that flew planes into the trade center and creates suicide bombers.
You're right on that one. When Muslims were asked how they could justify the killing of innocent people through suicide actions their response: If they're truly innocent, they will be in heaven anyway. In otherwords, no injustice is done.

Quote:
Live TODAY and love TODAY. If you want to look forward to the afterlife you believe in then great, knock yourself out. But don't devalue the beauty of walking, living, loving, breathing people most of us love and value because you think this "earth" life is just a way to spend time until you are living your real life upstairs. Don't take THIS life for granted, and if you do, allow us who want peace and harmony TODAY to have it.
I live my life to the fullest, but then I'm a lapsed Christian who is not sure if there exists a God who represents the bible, if there is a God at all. That's why I fear death and treasure life.

But there is no compromise on this issue. There is no half-way Christian. If you're truly a Christian, then the act of dying does not bother you in the slightest. it's only if you doubt what lies beyond that chapter where the fear begins to creeps in.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:33 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Quote:

Blocked from doing more good down here on EARTH because everything that GOD does that is good and wonderful and empowering and a blessing is " Channeled Through Mankind and Limited for that very one reason " and Men , Women , Boy and Girls.....have to stop all of the murders down here on earth them self ( because you know there is no gun violence IN HEAVEN )...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies