Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 01:24 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
At least in our lifetime. Politically it's not feasible. Any politician that attempts to ban guns is done on the national level. In 80 years, who knows??

Sorry, having to wait 72 hours to buy a gun does not equal confiscating your guns or banning guns.
It is not feasible because us gun nuts stand up and slap down politicians who try to take our guns.

when are you going to realize that the gun grabbers really do want to take guns from us?

Yea us! We win!

Old 02-26-2013, 01:31 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
At least in our lifetime. Politically it's not feasible. Any politician that attempts to ban guns is done on the national level. In 80 years, who knows??

Sorry, having to wait 72 hours to buy a gun does not equal confiscating your guns or banning guns.
Having a waiting period to get an abortion is a violation of abortion rights to the very same people who want a waiting period on guns.

Having to present a paid voter ID card is a violation of voting rights to the very same people who want a paid license/registration requirement to own a gun.

So given that, why shouldn't the "paranoid gun nuts" object to placing burdens on excercising their 2nd amendment rights? Isn't it logical to conclude if someone who complains about a particular restriction on something being a violation of constitutional rights and then places the exact same restriction on something else that is given in the constitution as a right that they are in fact attempting to violate constitutional rights?

Old 02-26-2013, 01:34 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
just bek i am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.
what is flawed in your reasoning is that you really believe a gun grab cant happen and wont happen and isnt happening.
did you ever stop to question why millions of dollars have already been spent to outlaw guns? mind you not just guns, LEGAL guns owned and acquired legally by citizens with no criminal record.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:36 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:

I 100% agree with you.

You know what is sadder than the gun nuts though?

The people living in these urban hell-holes being told by their elected officials that a couple minor changes to the gun laws will make them safer and that nothing else needs to be done.

They don't care as long as the sheep vote for them and keep the shooting to their own neighborhoods.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:39 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Tell that to the people in Guntersville, Alabama. Look it up, and see what the Mayor is proposing!
I don't believe that Savoir Faire cares anymore, he/she is "Not A Member"

Thanks for the attemtped resurrection though.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:41 PM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Yet we should believe you.
I dont care if you do or dont, I have no agenda to take anything away from anyone.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:56 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
It would be worthwhile for some to read about the history of gun control and how it was originally proposed to take guns away from freed slaves and other minorities.
Cramer: Racist Roots of Gun Control (1995)

Old 02-26-2013, 02:55 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I 100% agree with you.

You know what is sadder than the gun nuts though?

The people living in these urban hell-holes being told by their elected officials that a couple minor changes to the gun laws will make them safer and that nothing else needs to be done.

They don't care as long as the sheep vote for them and keep the shooting to their own neighborhoods.
when are you people going to wake up and take a good look around? the gun grabbers want to eliminate ALL guns from the US citizenry, and they dont care if they have to step on the second amendment to do it. for instance, in new york they have passed a ban on certain weapons and magazines, and cuomo wants to do more. you cant legally carry a firearm in new york city unless you jump through thousands of hoops and prove that you dont need a firearm but are rich enough to donate to the proper political campaigns.

we have 22,000 gun laws in this country, and the vast super majority of them do nothing but prevent law abiding citizens owning firearms. take chicago for instance, they have some of the MOST restrictive gun laws in the country, and if they truly worked, then there would be NO gun crimes in the city, and yet they lead the nation in gun crimes.

as i have said before, the gun grabbers will take their time, get a few guns here and there banned under the auspices of do you really need that type of gun? and they will get more and more guns banned, until they are coming around for your muzzle loading black powder muskets.

dont be fooled into thinking that the second amendment is going to protect gun owners rights, understand that eternal vigilance is the price of freedom. we cant stand by and let the gun grabbers have their way.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:56 PM

602 posts, read 574,315 times
Quote:

Calling them paranoid gun nuts is a good way to spark a healthy conversation (though I doubt that's what you really wanted to do )

Old 02-26-2013, 03:01 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
Calling them paranoid gun nuts is a good way to spark a healthy conversation (though I doubt that's what you really wanted to do )
I am still waiting for him to respond to my previous about the roots of gun control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies