Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 06:59 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
At least in our lifetime. Politically it's not feasible. Any politician that attempts to ban guns is done on the national level. In 80 years, who knows??

Sorry, having to wait 72 hours to buy a gun does not equal confiscating your guns or banning guns.
When they say "don't tread on me" I think they mean "Don't tread on my fears or paranoia's".

My best friend from childhood and I pretty much disagree on anything political except maybe that liquor stores should be open on Sunday .

But man, one subject I avoid is guns. He gets so worked up and angry about it. I told him no way in hell anyone wants his guns. He is probably the most responsible gun owner you'll ever find, every thing is locked up, his kids took every safety course they offer. But he is convinced that Obama wants his guns.

Mass hysteria.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:21 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
When they say "don't tread on me" I think they mean "Don't tread on my fears or paranoia's".

My best friend from childhood and I pretty much disagree on anything political except maybe that liquor stores should be open on Sunday .

But man, one subject I avoid is guns. He gets so worked up and angry about it. I told him no way in hell anyone wants his guns. He is probably the most responsible gun owner you'll ever find, every thing is locked up, his kids took every safety course they offer. But he is convinced that Obama wants his guns.

Mass hysteria.
It's happening all over the place, the GOP and NRA have done a magnificent job spreading propaganda and brainwashing their minions to truly believe that Obama is going wave his magic wand any day now, to order the national guard in to raid everyone's homes to take their guns.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:25 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
The method of our gun seisure will generally be accomplished by properly educating the children in school who will be induced to bring in their dads' guns in exchange for new i-Phones.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:30 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
The method of our gun seisure will generally be accomplished by properly educating the children in school who will be induced to bring in their dads' guns in exchange for new i-Phones.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:39 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Sounds good to me, if kids know how to get their hands on dad's guns, he shouldn't be having them in the first place.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:43 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Quote:
At least in our lifetime. Politically it's not feasible. Any politician that attempts to ban guns is done on the national level. In 80 years, who knows??

Sorry, having to wait 72 hours to buy a gun does not equal confiscating your guns or banning guns.
It's like trying to convince an alcoholic when they've had enough to drink.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:19 PM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
when are you people going to wake up and take a good look around? the gun grabbers want to eliminate ALL guns from the US citizenry, and they dont care if they have to step on the second amendment to do it. for instance, in new york they have passed a ban on certain weapons and magazines, and cuomo wants to do more. you cant legally carry a firearm in new york city unless you jump through thousands of hoops and prove that you dont need a firearm but are rich enough to donate to the proper political campaigns.

we have 22,000 gun laws in this country, and the vast super majority of them do nothing but prevent law abiding citizens owning firearms. take chicago for instance, they have some of the MOST restrictive gun laws in the country, and if they truly worked, then there would be NO gun crimes in the city, and yet they lead the nation in gun crimes.

as i have said before, the gun grabbers will take their time, get a few guns here and there banned under the auspices of do you really need that type of gun? and they will get more and more guns banned, until they are coming around for your muzzle loading black powder muskets.

dont be fooled into thinking that the second amendment is going to protect gun owners rights, understand that eternal vigilance is the price of freedom. we cant stand by and let the gun grabbers have their way.
You think anything significant is going to get past the senate?

Hell, most of the democratic calls for gun control are just empty political pandering for their urban bases.

So tell me, look at the senate composition and tell me that Montana's democratic senators or Minnesota's etc. are going to support gun control. Explain to me how anything gets past a senate vote loaded with rural states?

Old 02-27-2013, 03:22 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You think anything significant is going to get past the senate?

Hell, most of the democratic calls for gun control are just empty political pandering for their urban bases.

So tell me, look at the senate composition and tell me that Montana's democratic senators or Minnesota's etc. are going to support gun control. Explain to me how anything gets past a senate vote loaded with rural states?
Because state government can do the same thing.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:32 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
It's happening all over the place, the GOP and NRA have done a magnificent job spreading propaganda and brainwashing their minions to truly believe that Obama is going wave his magic wand any day now, to order the national guard in to raid everyone's homes to take their guns.
They did it during Katrina...

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...-katrina_N.htm

So... If they did it once why is it unreasonable to believe they won't try again?

To be fair, the GOP fears government wants to disarm people. Historically we know that the GOP isn't going to attack guns. These attacks always come from Democrats.

So which party is likely to attack gun rights and which party ALWAYS is the one attacking the 2nd amendment?

Democrats... Every time...

Old 02-27-2013, 03:33 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:

So your point of view is that we should just go along with any gun ban legislation that is passed now, making it easier for more gun ban legislation to be passed in the future? Nice way to throw our future generations under the bus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies