Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 02:15 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times

Advertisements

Remember that mass killing where the murderer kung-fu'ed all his victims to death?

<long pause; silence>

In other news...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 02:15 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
When was the last time a 4 year old picked up a martial artist to only have it accidentally go off and kill himself?

Old 12-18-2012, 02:17 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,979,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
Um, this "argument" is so lame I don't know quite how to deal with it. I guess I'll just ask a simple question: in what actual universe is it possible to strangle, bludgeon, stab, or kung fu close to thirty victims to death in under three minutes? The problem is not the wide diversity of methods that can be used to effectively kill people, it is rather the speed and efficiency with which high capacity assault rifles with external magazines can do so. The fact that there are other ways to kill people in no way mitigates the fact that some guns remain the most efficient means to actually do so. While arguably, bombs and other methods might be more efficient, the fact remains that most American mass murderers choose the aforementioned weapons. Should some other both super-efficient and preferred method emerge in the future, then we can discuss it further.

So, if a martial arts trained man or woman goes on a rampage and only kills four or five people, that's okay?

The argument is completely water tight and I have never heard a single liberal answer it effectively:

Guns kill people, and there are HUNDREDS of regulations already on the books for guns...hands and fight also kill people, and martial arts can make you an effective killer with your hands and feet. And yet, there is not a single solitary regulation on martial arts....huh?

Old 12-18-2012, 02:17 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
In the year 2008 alone, 949 people were killed using hands, fists and strangulation.
The fact that you think strangulation = martial arts shows how absurd this thread is.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:19 AM

Quote:
So, if a martial arts trained man or woman goes on a rampage and only kills four or five people, that's okay?

The argument is completely water tight and I have never heard a single liberal answer it effectively:

Guns kill people, and there are HUNDREDS of regulations already on the books for guns...hands and fight also kill people, and martial arts can make you an effective killer with your hands and feet. And yet, there is not a single solitary regulation on martial arts....huh?
46 states regulating martial arts = not a single solitary regulation. ????

Wyoming becomes state #46 to regulate MMA - Mixed Martial Arts News

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Remember that mass killing where the murderer kung-fu'ed all his victims to death?

So, you say we should weight for THE CHILDREN to die? How right wing of you!

And Kendo and other sword fight methods are also martial arts and uhh...well...

Student is suspect in samurai sword attack - Watertown Daily Times Online : News: jefferson high school, sword attack,

I have yet to hear any liberal going on about sword control.

3,598 posts, read 4,949,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
Um, this "argument" is so lame I don't know quite how to deal with it. I guess I'll just ask a simple question: in what actual universe is it possible to strangle, bludgeon, stab, or kung fu close to thirty victims to death in under three minutes? The problem is not the wide diversity of methods that can be used to effectively kill people, it is rather the speed and efficiency with which high capacity assault rifles with external magazines can do so. The fact that there are other ways to kill people in no way mitigates the fact that some guns remain the most efficient means to actually do so. While arguably, bombs and other methods might be more efficient, the fact remains that most American mass murderers choose the aforementioned weapons. Should some other both super-efficient and preferred method emerge in the future, then we can discuss it further.
^^ This. The OP poses a stupid argument and doesn't understand what is coming in terms of gun restrictions. The technology has advanced to the point where many guns should be considered weapons of mass destruction. A kung fu master can't kill 30 people at once.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
^^ This. The OP poses a stupid argument and doesn't understand what is coming in terms of gun restrictions. The technology has advanced to the point where many guns should be considered weapons of mass destruction. A kung fu master can't kill 30 people at once.

Again, so you would be okay with a kung fu master just killing four or five kids?

And I know what's coming alright:

Old 12-18-2012, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Again, so you would be okay with a kung fu master just killing four or five kids?

And I know what's coming alright:
When has that happened? What's next, asking her if she's ok with unicorns trampling on children.

I mean, really WTF????

Old 12-18-2012, 02:25 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Try again.
Let's not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies