U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 05:33 AM

1,169 posts, read 1,340,188 times

Advertisements

PLEASE KEEP THIS TOPIC BUMPED SO PEOPLE CAN SEE

The newest Batman movie, 'The Dark Knight Rises', which is well known for the mass shooting in Colorado now seems to be linked to the recent Sandy Hook Elementary shooting in Newtown, CT.

This is freakin' strange, folks.

In a scene of the movie where the police are plotting against the bad guy, Bane, a map can be seen. One of the cops says something like, "we'll take it down here" and places his finger on a section of the map. That section of the map was called "Sandy Hook":

Sandy Hook IN BATMAN movie!!!! Another reference to the Connecticut shooting !!! - YouTube

Here's the full map that was passed out to fans during an internet marketing campaign before the movie:

As you can clearly see, the bottom island is called "Sandy Hook." Just a coincidence, right??

It gets weirder...

Here's the original map from the comic book series:

Until the recent movie, that part of the map wasn't even named "Sandy Hook" as it was named "South Hinkley".

Look at the above map again. You see the peninsula allllll the way to the top right? What's it named? NEWTOWN. This cannot be seen in the map from the movie as it is blocked by the maps key.

And finally, ladies and gentleman, I present to you the weirdest part of this entire story:

That's the map from the movie compared to the Google Map of Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown.

.................................................. .................................................. ............................................

Make your own conclusions but I believe this is too much to ignore. The odds of a coincidence like this are just non-existent. This, on top of the other screw ups in the official story just don't add up.

Last edited by JamesGTAIV; 12-18-2012 at 05:48 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 06:04 AM

I'm the only one who finds this strange? Or is everyone too busy bickering like the media told them to?

Old 12-18-2012, 06:09 AM

3,841 posts, read 3,996,333 times
I find it odd that you're believing in magical thinking like this.

What the hell does this even mean? Let me put Sandy Hook in Google and see how many hits I get.

WTH does a movie filmed over a year before have to do with a shooting in a town the rest of the country had likely never heard of before this week?

Give me a damn break.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
I find it odd that you're believing in magical thinking like this.

What the hell does this even mean? Let me put Sandy Hook in Google and see how many hits I get.

WTH does a movie filmed over a year before have to do with a shooting in a town the rest of the country had likely never heard of before this week?

Give me a damn break.
That's exactly the question I'm asking. How is it possible that a single movie can have so many coincidental references to 2 separate shootings?

I'm sorry this questions your precious world view but to deny how strange this is would be willfully blind.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:20 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,044,032 times
It is not strange, it's a failure of pattern recognition in the human brain called apophenia. It is how we see bunnies in clouds, and people see Jesus in grilled cheese sandwiches. Middle Earth looks a little like North West France, that doesn't mean Lord of the Rings predicted any future invasion of that area of France.

Looking at random bits of data like this and trying to link events is a sign of schizophrenia.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:27 AM

3,841 posts, read 3,996,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
It is not strange, it's a failure of pattern recognition in the human brain called apophenia. It is how we see bunnies in clouds, and people see Jesus in grilled cheese sandwiches. Middle Earth looks a little like North West France, that doesn't mean Lord of the Rings predicted any future invasion of that area of France.

Looking at random bits of data like this and trying to link events is a sign of schizophrenia.
Thank you, Emerald.

Trust me, James, your magical thinking doesn't threaten anything of mine save for a sore forehead when I smack my self facepalming in incredulity.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:31 AM

I guess I'll keep following the herd of great thinkers like yourselves then.

Also, I find it hilarious that you mentioned the inability to follow a pattern as you just described yourself. There's clearly a pattern there. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't bother reading the post.

It's right there on the map. In writing. Both Newtown and Sandy Hook.

At least tell me how a movie tied with a previous shooting is so closely tied with this one.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:42 AM

691 posts, read 697,500 times
This kid was a "nerd". I believe he got the idea to kill children from the last Star Wars movie where Anakin Skywalker goes to the pre-school and kills all the "younglings" as his final task before becoming Darth Vadar.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:43 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,044,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
I guess I'll keep following the herd of great thinkers like yourselves then.

Also, I find it hilarious that you mentioned the inability to follow a pattern as you just described yourself. There's clearly a pattern there. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't bother reading the post.
James, this isn't something new. Crackpots are always coming out with random crap like words, or maps, or all sorts of bizarre things that supposedly link events in vast conspiracies. Just as it flows that people who don't accept your theory are insulted as too stupid or ignorant to accept it, as it seems no one can dissuade you from your conclusion. I walk past 6 people raving on street corners a week who do the same thing.

This kind of failure is pretty common among the mentally ill. We had a neighbor who linked all sorts of events by pictures looking similar, or headlines using the same words, and all sorts of random stuff. She thought my dog was a secret agent because he is black and in the movie Men in Black they wore black suits.

Please get the help you need is all I can say. Don't end up raving on the street like many do.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
James, this isn't something new. Crackpots are always coming out with random crap like words, or maps, or all sorts of bizarre things that supposedly link events in vast conspiracies. Just as it flows that people who don't accept your theory are insulted as too stupid or ignorant to accept it, as it seems no one can dissuade you from your conclusion. I walk past 6 people raving on street corners a week who do the same thing.

This kind of failure is pretty common among the mentally ill. We had a neighbor who linked all sorts of events by pictures looking similar, or headlines using the same words, and all sorts of random stuff. She thought my dog was a secret agent because he is black and in the movie Men in Black they wore black suits.

Please get the help you need is all I can say. Don't end up raving on the street like many do.
Dude, get off your cloud.

Quote:
Just as it flows that people who don't accept your theory are insulted as too stupid or ignorant to accept it, as it seems no one can dissuade you from your conclusion.
You're calling me "mentally ill" for having an opinion that's different than yours, correct? I accept your opinion, I do not accept your conclusion of "oh, you're just crazy."

And I'm begging you to give me a logical, non-judgmental explanation of this topic. Please enlighten me, elder Emerald.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies