Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 03:04 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
Dicks has pulled AR style rifles from the shelf and taken all guns off the shelf near the shooting. I have watched Smith and wesson stock tank today. As I said in another post to my fellow gun owners, keep being a hard ass and you will lose.
And tons of sponsors bailed on Rush Limbaugh last spring and people predicted his impending doom, yet he's still there broadcasting. If one store refuses to sell the rifles, another store will see the market opportunity and start doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 03:25 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,383,410 times
I'm a moderate Democrat, gun owner and collector.
I went to Cabella's in Hamburg, PA yesterday afternoon in order to do some Christmas shopping to avoid the massive crowds on the weekends.
As is always the case I found myself heading towards the gun counters and found a HUGE crowd. I took a number from the number now serving machine and waited along with the rest of the crowd.

The more I spoke to these people the stronger and more solidified my thoughts became concerning what was happening around the country.
Some of the people waiting for awhile also had been talking amongst themselves. They were all there for one thing, guns.

People I had spoken to told me they were buying not only just to buy as a knee jerk reaction to gun control talks but they were also buying in order to support the retailer that were supplying the guns in which to purchase.

There was a serpentine line stretched past two or three departments as the people were called on the intercom telling them it was time to pick up their purchases.
When it was my time to come up to the counter for assistance I asked the employee about the crowd.
He said they were overwhelmingly there to purchase handguns and rifles and they did.

He also told me that the store was on a waiting list for their suppliers to fulfill what was sure to become a massive backlog of orders.
The employee said without a doubt every Cabella's location along with other independent gun dealers are experiencing the same thing.

So when someone tells me that gun manufactures like Bushmaster are going to go out of business or that somehow the stock of a firearms manufacturer is tanking I know that what I'm reading is bullsh7t.

If anything, this tragedy launched what just might become a historic sales time in American firearms history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies