Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 11:29 AM

318 posts, read 506,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
The film is negative because it intentionally "dramatizes history not for the purpose of knowledge, but for an active and imaginative participation in violence" Further, the deliberate distribution of an effort to engage the circumstance while may be true, has nothing to do with a present situation generations away, where the environment has changed.

The question which needs to be answered:

Does the movie encourage or discourage a race's disposition to remain and feel victimized by events long ago and addressed ? If there is a reasonable consequence in a yes, to this question...the only possible social consequence would rationally be greater racism in this area, as to feel fundamentally victimized in a greater way..psychological adjustments toward racial issue cannot but, interfere with the present day effort toward harmony. ( seen in thread as well....this is a no brainier review with free evidence on the go

Therefore...the movie has its deliberate objectives in mass disturbance by heightening underlining dispositions for "reason to be in an understanding, to be subject to racism" Ignorance is no excuse on behalf of the accused. If S/A were to start spreading continent wide dramatizations of the Spaniards and Indians, the consequence would show its effort. Leadership requires responsibility. At present there is no measure of quality leadership, obviously.

The communication, the film is here bye in this court guilty as charged for creating a potential to inflame racism....otherwise I will need to fully see the primary objective of the movie, entertainment with what casual objective ?, education in history will not work because it is in a form which is anything but informative as its chief intent.

The guilty ones responsible...QT and JF...require a justification away from an intentional creation to inspire violence and unrest in order to escape accusation.

Any character evidence which can help secure this finding..? I think so. Bring them in for questioning. What exactly is your objective here in light of shown consequence..? Obviously with the cancellation a position is being made...don't go half way on society, go all the way and break this thing down for what it is, and explain to the people. Also, ignorance for the guilty ones is no excuse never was, and never will.

Suggestion...pick up and hold for questioning as outlined in my previous post. Either a country wants order, or it wants disorder. Either an individual wants disorder or favors order. Plain and simple, most things are.
omg what the heck is going on here? i felt like i was in school just now. You literally just wrote all that, about a film being negative (have you even seen it?) It's a movie! its entertainment! i seriously wonder if you people critique every movie like this, or just the ones where a black man is killing white people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 11:33 AM

2,010 posts, read 3,458,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
What would his lord and savior say?
Hopefully his lord and savior isn't so obtuse that he can't differentiate between things said seriously and things said in jest.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:39 AM

18,383 posts, read 19,014,497 times
the reviews are awesome on this movie. I will be seeing it for sure!

Old 12-20-2012, 11:41 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,517,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the reviews are awesome on this movie. I will be seeing it for sure!
Yeah, it's got 100 percent favorable on Rotten Tomatoes so far:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/django_unchained_2012/

Even Fox News liked this one:

Review: 'Django Unchained' Quentin Tarantino

Old 12-20-2012, 11:42 AM

25 posts, read 36,409 times
Why can't they say he's just killing the culprits of the film? Why does their race have to be a factor of it? Another liberal propaganda film and I'm neither right or left.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:44 AM

318 posts, read 506,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick914 View Post
Why can't they say he's just killing the culprits of the film? Why does their race have to be a factor of it? Another liberal propaganda film and I'm neither right or left.

in the context of what the actual joke was, it makes sense. he didnt just blurt out "hey im killing white people", he talked about how he was a slave and then he got the kill the white people. does that help?

Old 12-20-2012, 11:45 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,941 times
People or groups who may feel the movie is a treat to watch relative to themselves, has nothing to do with the structure and underlying momentum of the communicative suggestion in the movie for an entire population, which in fact, has a very bad racial problem. I already have evidence in the development of this very thread. Plus, very happy to entertain an educated response thats well thought out only.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:35 PM

2 posts, read 1,569 times
Quote:
Quentin Tarantino making a liberal propaganda film!?

Old 12-20-2012, 12:37 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
So does Louis CK. But it is generally sort of playful humor. Not usually espousing supremacy, but more a joke about inherent social advantages.

The problem with Jamie Foxx, was really his choice of words. Primarily when he remarked that "in my new movie, I kill all the white people, how great is that?"

This coming after he espoused his view of basically black supremacy.

Had he remarked about killing slave owners or even white slave owners, that would have been more understandable.

But you know there are some black people(especially the new black panther party, the nation of islam, and other black groups) who simply despise white people. And I think there a large amount of distrust between white people and black people in general. And I don't believe that statements like Jamie Foxx's, will have zero effect. I don't think another movie that portrays all whites as evil slave-owners who need to be killed, helps anyone.

And I think that if a white man had said something like "In my new movie, I get to kill all the black people, how great is that?", after effectively espousing white supremacy.... That you would not be defending him.

I mean, I'm not all uppity about it, I know Jamie Foxx was just intending to be funny. And it was funny. But, I think we should be careful.

I mean, lets pretend they made a movie about the Mexican-American war. And some actor comes on TV and talks about his new movie, and says "In my new movie, I get to kill all the Mexicans, how great is that?" Do you really think it would go unnoticed?
You do realize that is a line from the movie, right? How obtuse can people be.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:14 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,897,353 times
Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies