Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 01:40 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,486,488 times

Advertisements

Why do you people rush out with calls for more gun laws when the ones on the books don't keep them out of the hands of criminals? Do you think the gangs in the cities legally own their FULLY automatic .762 AK-47's? How many innocent children need to be gunned down in the hood before Liberals start saying something about that? Why aren't there calls for the police to go into these hoods and arrest and take the guns off the streets? I'll tell you why. Liberals and Progressives will shout from the mountain tops that it is a violation of their civil rights, just like they did in NYC to stop the police from stop and frisk. WHY?????????????? Why do Liberals only want to go after the legal citizens who are the only ones who will follow those laws and give all the gangbanging criminals a free pass to ILLEGALLY possess a banned fully automatic weapon? Again...WHY????????????????????????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 01:42 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,131,125 times
'Cuz there's always a way that some dirtbag nutcase can get a hold of a legally owned firearm.

I have a gun safe.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:44 PM

89,446 posts, read 45,130,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Why do you people rush out with calls for more gun laws when the ones on the books don't keep them out of the hands of criminals? Do you think the gangs in the cities legally own their FULLY automatic .762 AK-47's? How many innocent children need to be gunned down in the hood before Liberals start saying something about that? Why aren't there calls for the police to go into these hoods and arrest and take the guns off the streets? I'll tell you why. Liberals and Progressives will shout from the mountain tops that it is a violation of their civil rights, just like they did in NYC to stop the police from stop and frisk. WHY?????????????? Why do Liberals only want to go after the legal citizens who are the only ones who will follow those laws and give all the gangbanging criminals a free pass to ILLEGALLY possess a banned fully automatic weapon? Again...WHY????????????????????????????
Great post!

I want an answer to that, too.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
'Cuz there's always a way that some dirtbag nutcase can get a hold of a legally owned firearm.

I have a gun safe.

They can get them easier illegally on the black market.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:49 PM

39,922 posts, read 26,631,982 times
That's why I suggest making firearms theft a federal crime, punishable with a mandatory 5 year sentence, per gun.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:50 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,170,962 times
Quote:
I think you're misstating what Liberals want.

I would love to have illegal guns removed from the hands of gang members and criminals. Would you suggest we increase the penalties for illegal gun possession? This liberal is right there with you...

23,644 posts, read 17,337,431 times
All the 'legalize drugs' supporters that buy drugs sold by gangs are a critical step in resultant gun violence.

The acid test for new gun legislation should be a mandatory meeting with the Latin Kings, MS13, etc to understand how the new legislation will impact their business. As most crime is committed repeat offenders it would make sense to legislatively target that crowd.

As for random acts iof violence, the savages in the middle east put down their automatic assault weapons and pick up a bomb to affect the greatest damage.

Short of implanting everyone with transmitters and hiring the rest of the contry to monitor the other half, we will not stop the insane from wreaking havoc.

10,854 posts, read 9,323,312 times
Quote:
O.K. granted.

So tell me the last time a gang went and shot up a school killing any number of children.

This doesn't mean that gangs aren't accountable for killing innocent bystanders and gang violence shouldn't be deplored.

But lets be honest here you don't give a flying f**k about who gets killed "In the Hood". Besides the number of these types of murders has declined substantially in the last 15 years. So it's not like nothing has been done.

This is just straw man you can erect to deflect attention away from what happened in Newtown, Connecticut and the national debate gun control.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
O.K. granted.

So tell me the last time a gang went and shot up a school killing any number of children.

This doesn't mean that gangs aren't accountable for killing innocent bystanders and gang violence shouldn't be deplored.

But lets be honest here you don't give a flying f**k about who gets killed "In the Hood". Besides the number of these types of murders has declined substantially in the last 15 years. So it's not like nothing has been done.

This is just straw man you can erect to deflect attention away from what happened in Newtown, Connecticut and the national debate gun control.
Typical Liberal answer here. "Let's not worry about the illegal guns". So I guess you're saying that the hundreds of innocent children getting gunned down across America from gangs is acceptable as long as it's not that many at one time. I get it.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:59 PM

23,644 posts, read 17,337,431 times
NJ has the graves act...mandatory 3 years for crime committed with firearms. Big time BB player Jayso Williams shot his chauffer in the house with a shotgun. Plea deal allows an end run around mandatory sentences.

Gun safes should be strongly encouraged.

NJ has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation and places like Newark have had more than a murder a month for around 40 years. Most of it drug related.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies