Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2013, 07:39 AM

19,764 posts, read 22,666,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
How much does an ARA membership cost I wonder? Are there any dues paying members? If there aren't, then their membership rolls are insignificant.

I just checked.... membership appears to be free.... Anybody can click the "join us" tab out of spontaneously because they happen to like what they see after skimming the groups web pages, and then forget they ever signed up the next day.

Now, I'm a dues paying member of the NRA. Bottom line, If people don't care enough to actually PAY for a membership to your little anti-gun organization, the chances of them actually caring enough to make a difference are pretty slim...... I'm not too worried.
Over 70,000 contributors and raising millions to try and further some sense of sensibility with regards to the social issue that IS gun violence is substantial. It's actually refreshing that one doesn't have to pay in order to have their voices heard.

I believe they will receive as much corporate PAC money as the NRA in very short time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Oh name calling...how mature of you..

but hey we all cant make a logical defense biased on logic, reason, common sense, facts, and the principals and values that made this nation great..
I believe my argument is quite solid. But hey- whenever you disagree with someone they must be a liberal, right?

Old 11-07-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
The very same Mark Kelly who broken the law?

Mark Kelly Commits a Felony at New York Gun Show | The Truth About Guns

Funny its me or you we get time, he does it, what happened? oh yeah nothing...

We will not comply with you laws, I find it sad that you of all people think they will just stop at one or two "commons sense laws" they never have and never will...

But hey, a liberal is a man who gives away what is not his..
Yup. I saw that one coming. Another "If'n you're not with us, your'n again' us" person.

Nice label. That's not really doing too hot within the republican ranks right now. But hey- don't believe me.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:49 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
You gun nutz will be toast. But hey- don't believe me. Put your trust in the NRA and put armed guards in the schools. Way to go.
There have been armed guards, actually city police officers, in some public schools since 1969. You might want to get some real facts before crying wolf.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I'm actually becoming confused as to just what the argument is here. But, no matter. If I understanx your position here, you feel that, so called, "assault weapons"should be banned and taken away from private citizens. Tbe logic being tbat sucb rifles as the AR 15 are suited for nothing more tban mass killing. OK, since such tifles are semi auto versions of the current US service rifle, I suppose such a misconception would be easy. Let me ask this, does the same logic apply to past service rifles, such as the M14/M1A and M1 Garand as well? In the case of the M14, the M1A is a semi auto only version of the actual service piece, just as with the M16/AR15. The Garand and M1A, and now, tbe AR15, are often built into highly accurate, precision rifles, for long range shooting, and various competitions.

Why is the AR so different from its predecessors, which were and still are VERY common to see in civilian hands? Is it magazine capacity and ergonomic features, alone, that make the AR an "evil" piece? You say you are going Elk hunting? Firstly, good hunting. Moving on, may I ask what rifle you use for such endeavors? Perhaps a Remington 700, in 300Win Mag? Tbe civilian hunting version of the current US issued M48 "Sniper rifle. Therein lies the caveat. If my precision AR can be banned because of its military features and heritage, so can your hunting rifle be. By using the EXACT logic behind the demonization of tbe AR. All it will take, is one nut in a clock tower, and you will be figbting to keep your hunting rifle, which will be reclassified, by know nothing idiots, as a "sniper rifle". Enjoy your hunt. While you can.
I'm quite positive I can hunt and continue to do so with the firearms in my safe. And hopefully one day, hopefully soon, it will be tougher for criminals and mentally unstable folks to gain access to any firearm, which is a huge push of this organization. Thank-God.

And I'm so confident in my ability to hunt that I certainly don't require a clip of 30 rds or a drum of 100 to accomplish it. As a matter of fact my firearm of choice for elk is a Thompson's Encore with a .338 Win Mag custom Virgin Valley barrel, fluted and sporting a VariXIII scope. For whitetails my old 722 in .257 Bob does just fine.

I'm actually taking a newly acquired Sako AV .338 into the woods next week. And a Savage O/U 20 ga just in case I want to hunt grouse.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
There have been armed guards, actually city police officers, in some public schools since 1969. You might want to get some real facts before crying wolf.
Who's crying wolf? Was not the NRA's response to put a guard in every school? Their solution, not mine.

It's actually a sad state of affairs when you have to resort to that.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:07 AM

19,030 posts, read 14,205,095 times
If you have a "right" to do something, the government instituted to secure rights cannot infringe that right.
If you need permission (license) to do something, the government can restrict that privilege.

The question boils down to :
Do YOU have the right to bear arms - any arms - that you deem necessary to secure and defend YOUR right to life and property?

Or are you merely permitted by government?

END OF DISCUSSION.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:08 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Instead of placing armed guards in every school we should teach the kids how to keep, carry and use firearms.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:11 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
The ultimate goal of the "gun grabbers" is not limited to banning and confiscating firearms but to ultimately ban people with violent thoughts, tendencies and actions. In their book these people should be confined to "reeducation" facilities until they are no longer a threat to the peaceful squirrels of the country and the world.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Instead of placing armed guards in every school we should teach the kids how to keep, carry and use firearms.
Well that will solve it all. A 7 year old with a gun. Welcome to America, the next Mogadishu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies