Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2013, 10:20 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
You really don't want to put that little theory to the test...trust me.
and you are telling me the private sector will not sell most of ? and what just sit down shut up and obey? also good look funding it. I mean 17 trillion in debt and growing fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
For the record, I don't think most gun owners are aligned with militia nuts.

...but enough of them are to make the rest of the apples in the barrel look bad.
No, there is not, we are all bed apples because we reuse to surrender more and more of our rights and liberty.

Says the man who loves Ruby Ridge and Waco..

Old 11-07-2013, 10:25 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Also have you ever hunting feral boar? I can assure you when they rush you will want a stranded magazine with 30 rounds?
I have. On Catalina Island in California. I used a Ruger Super Redhawk .44 Mag revolver with a 7.5" barrel. It never required more than two rounds. One would be sufficient, if they were not such fast buggers.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:34 PM

19,764 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
When you have 900 pounds of one ticked off bear closing in on you at 35 miles per hour with six-inch claws eager to disembowel you, that is precisely the moment when you wish you had bought that fully automatic 12-gauge shotgun with a 50-round magazine.
Bear spray is way more effective than any firearm. We all carry it in my family. I may have my .45-70 guide gun or my .338 Win Mag on my shoulder, but I have bear spray on my hip in griz country.

The obvious answer is not to put yourself into a situation where you encounter one up close, which is fairly obvious and not hard to do.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
I'm quite positive I can hunt and continue to do so with the firearms in my safe. And hopefully one day, hopefully soon, it will be tougher for criminals and mentally unstable folks to gain access to any firearm, which is a huge push of this organization. Thank-God.

And I'm so confident in my ability to hunt that I certainly don't require a clip of 30 rds or a drum of 100 to accomplish it. As a matter of fact my firearm of choice for elk is a Thompson's Encore with a .338 Win Mag custom Virgin Valley barrel, fluted and sporting a VariXIII scope. For whitetails my old 722 in .257 Bob does just fine.

I'm actually taking a newly acquired Sako AV .338 into the woods next week. And a Savage O/U 20 ga just in case I want to hunt grouse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You're the worst kind of gun owner. The kind that doesn't mind if this gun is banned or that gun is banned because "they" don't use them, don't see a need for them, and so don't think any of the rest of us would have a practical need or use for them.
First they came for the Jews, and I said nothing because I was not a Jew.

In 1934,they came from short barreled weapons,full autos and destructive devices, I did not wnat to own one, so I said and did nothing,

In 1968 they banned the importation of some firearm they made a law saying I had to have a sporting use, I did not find fault with it, so I said and did noting,

In 1986 they banned new machine guns from being made and sold to law abiding citizens, I did not want to own on so I did and said nothing,

In 1989 they banned the importation of some sporting rifles, I did no want to own them so I said and did nothing,

In 1994 they banned the sale of some sporting rifles for the next 10 years, I did and said nothing.

In 2013 they tried to ban 80% of the firearms in the US. It did not effect my hunting rifles, so did and said nothing.

In 2016 they banned all firearms, no one spoke or did anything for me no one was left,no one wanted to break the new safe speech act of 2015, the ATF burnt my house down and shot my wife and kids as we run out the back, laughing as they kicked the lifeless bodies of those who I loved more then anything in the world...

if the 2016 bit sound like it cant happen, please Google a place called Waco.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:42 PM

You are aware that if Waco did not end as it did, which was the ATF and Maybe Delta Force burning it down and murdering kids, that would not have been OKC...which was the act of one or two nuts....But then again, the ends justify the means..every time? right? That "I was just obeying orders" BS odes not fly in this nation.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:46 PM

[quote=Threerun;32136607]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You're the worst kind of gun owner. The kind that doesn't mind if this gun is banned or that gun is banned because "they" don't use them, don't see a need for them, and so don't think any of the rest of us would have a practical need or use for them.[/ quote]

that's ironic because that's exactly how I feel about gun owners like you. You feel entitled to be able to buy whatever you want whenever you want or sell whatever you want exempted from any culpability.
Why shouldn't they? I mean why should a law abiding citizen be treated like a criminal?

We are not culpable for the actions of other, end of story, is Boeing or uline.com have any culpability for the attack of 9/11? I mean it was their planes, they sold the tickets to the hijackers, and uline.com sold them box cutters...Where does it end?

Old 11-07-2013, 10:51 PM

Quote:
First they came for the Jews, and I said nothing because I was not a Jew.

In 1934,they came from short barreled weapons,full autos and destructive devices, I did not wnat to own one, so I said and did nothing,

In 1968 they banned the importation of some firearm they made a law saying I had to have a sporting use, I did not find fault with it, so I said and did noting,

In 1986 they banned new machine guns from being made and sold to law abiding citizens, I did not want to own on so I did and said nothing,

In 1989 they banned the importation of some sporting rifles, I did no want to own them so I said and did nothing,

In 1994 they banned the sale of some sporting rifles for the next 10 years, I did and said nothing.

In 2013 they tried to ban 80% of the firearms in the US. It did not effect my hunting rifles, so did and said nothing.

In 2016 they banned all firearms, no one spoke or did anything for me no one was left,no one wanted to break the new safe speech act of 2015, the ATF burnt my house down and shot my wife and kids as we run out the back, laughing as they kicked the lifeless bodies of those who I loved more then anything in the world...

if the 2016 bit sound like it cant happen, please Google a place called Waco.
And no one guessed that was coming. You pulling this from the NRA? Did I say ANYTHING about banning anything? God how frekin' delusional. Let's arm 7 year olds then, right? You want to answer that one, or simply cut and paste more diatribe. What an unoriginal response. Welcome to the far right. We respond with what our handlers tell us to respond with.

Greattttt.....

Old 11-07-2013, 10:55 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Bear spray is way more effective than any firearm. We all carry it in my family. I may have my .45-70 guide gun or my .338 Win Mag on my shoulder, but I have bear spray on my hip in griz country.
Do you plan on using the bear spray on yourself? Because that is all bear spray is good for, seasoning the meat before the bear consumes you.

Does it come in garlic flavor?

Either firearm should be effective, although the .338 Win Mag may be slightly under powered. By the time the grizzly is upon you the .338 will be much more effective at close range.

Personally, I carry a Mossberg 500 12-gauge with an 18.5" rifled barrel and an extended tube magazine, loaded with .65 caliber sabot slugs and 00-buck. I also carry a Ruger Super Redhawk .44 Mag revolver with specially overloaded silver-tip hollow points as backup, because it is damn difficult to cast a line into the water while carrying a shotgun.

Quote:
The obvious answer is not to put yourself into a situation where you encounter one up close, which is fairly obvious and not hard to do.
That is not always possible. If you are fishing for salmon on a river and a bear decides he wants your catch, they are not always shy about taking it. I do not care about the fish, let the bear have all it wants. I am only concerned with protecting my life.

I have lived in Alaska for 22 years and have not yet had the need to kill any critter in self-defense, and I hope that remains the case. However, I am prepared just in case. As the adage goes, "it is always better to have a firearm and not need it, than to need a firearm and not have it."

Old 11-07-2013, 10:58 PM

Quote:

You are aware that if Waco did not end as it did, which was the ATF and Maybe Delta Force burning it down and murdering kids, that would not have been OKC...which was the act of one or two nuts....But then again, the ends justify the means..every time? right? That "I was just obeying orders" BS odes not fly in this nation.
What are you implying? I agreed with the the massacre at Waco? Where in the h*ll did I say that? Where did you pull that from, your arse?

You some kind of macaw just spouting whatever? You implying I feel deadly force is justified in this case? What relevance does this have, if any?

WTF?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies