Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2014, 04:41 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,185 times

Advertisements

Being that Liberals believe that guns are the problem when it comes to murder, I'd like to know how safe they'd feel about being in a room with an unarmed murder vs an armed one. They all illogically are okay with murder unless it's done with a gun. 8,000 people are killed with guns each year and 4,000 are killed with other weapons. The thing is even if 4,000 out of the 8, 000 used another weapon thus reversing the ratio to 8,000 other to 4,000 guns, Liberals would still only care about "gun violence." It makes absolutely no logical sense what's so ever. You can't cure a people that are prone to violence by removing am object from their possession. You defiantly can not do it by removing category of firearms that that's use in LESS THAN 5% OF FIREARM RELATED HOMICIDES.

Some one please explain why Liberals want to ban "assault rifles" look a likes as a way to save lives when ""assault rifles" are almost never used to kill?

On good answer to the aged old Liberal question of why does anyone NEED an rifle that looks like an Assault Riffle is simple. It's because factually and statistically, criminals hate using them. It would make more logical sense to want to ban handguns, and to ask why does anyone need a hand gun when they could use the safer "assault weapon", but logic and Liberalism do not go hand by hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 11:58 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Well I am sickened by people using 2nd graders for target practice but, hey, I guess folks are "sickened" by different things.

To each his own.
I am sickened by people stripping people of the right and means to self defense that allowed those kids to be victims...

But then again "to each his own"...right?

Old 01-21-2014, 07:22 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
I am sickened by people stripping people of the right and means to self defense that allowed those kids to be victims...

But then again "to each his own"...right?
But you aren't willing to pay for armour and heavily armed guards for EVERY American classroom, are you?

Old 01-21-2014, 07:25 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,053 times
Quote:
But you aren't willing to pay for armour and heavily armed guards for EVERY American classroom, are you?
? Cops already have armor and weapons. I sure as hell would rather pay them the $75 an hour to patrol a school instead of them watching PSE&G install a light bulb. But thats not common sense to liberals lol. Or instead of making cops work over time , with that over time pay they could use it towards security.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:04 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,909,291 times
Quote:
Every kid has a book bag. A couple of textbooks will stop a pistol round and most rifle rounds. If a rifle round makes it through, the impact is much less.

Better yet, teach the kids to fight back and not be a victim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiQi4AYuRis

Old 01-21-2014, 09:07 AM

793 posts, read 1,419,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Every kid has a book bag. A couple of textbooks will stop a pistol round and most rifle rounds. If a rifle round makes it through, the impact is much less.

I don't think textbooks would stop a high powered rifle, but I can't think of any mass shootings using a high powered rifle.

Amazon sells AR500 plates for backpacks. That can't be good for developing spines.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:15 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times
The reality is that schools are safer than ever. On a national basis, there is no need for armed guards at every school. Shootings are spectacular, but rare.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:32 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
1)the past four years under Pres. Obama have been a non-stop gun buying frenzy. Dealers say that the main limitiing factor when it comes to sales has been not being able to get enough product. Guns last a long time. There are so many guns out there now, it's going to take decades before there is a dent in availability.

Australia is a good example of improved sensible legislation that had an impact on mass shootings. So the question is. . .why wouldn't such a solution work in the united states

I'm willing to guess that adopting similar legislation as Australia would have a significant impact on mass shootings. . but would not impact everyday shootings (criminals) for some time.

Though Australia destroyed lots of guns, which would be required.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:34 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Australia is a good example of improved sensible legislation that had an impact on mass shootings. So the question is. . .why wouldn't such a solution work in the united states

I'm willing to guess that adopting similar legislation as Australia would have a significant impact on mass shootings. . but would not impact everyday shootings (criminals) for some time.

Though Australia destroyed lots of guns, which would be required.
I see you want more gun laws rather than enforcing current laws. Got it.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:37 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post

Give me a f'n break on this nonsense

More kids are hurt on school buses every year than mass shootings

Common sense gameplan (hide in place, lock doors, etc) are cheap and effective per the amount of risk.

I am sure that if we arm teachers we will see more shootings in schools, not less
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies