Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2019, 04:27 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,481,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Guess Brazil and Russia aren't industrialized enough for you?
An important question. What is the percentage of homicides caused by guns?

Old 08-04-2019, 04:30 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,923,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
I knew I could depend on you 4chan nuts to distort anything you could and continue the usual Bs propaganda.
Do you have anything other than personal insults and childish behavior to support why you think its OK to put limitations on freedom of speech. A grown adult with real ideas should be able to defend such a harsh step without resorting to the behavior you exhibit.

Old 08-04-2019, 04:30 PM

25,730 posts, read 16,348,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
An important question. What is the percentage of homicides caused by guns?
What is the percentage of good, strong fathers in the homes of the child who grew up to be violent and use guns as a weapon?

Old 08-04-2019, 04:34 PM

61,290 posts, read 87,087,136 times
Only gun ban people post this stuff
Red China has a gun ban not even cops and soldiers have them until emergency
Why? Public safety?
20% of china is communist they have the guns
the rest are slaves

Old 08-04-2019, 04:35 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,881,037 times
Eh, mass shootings are just the price to pay for having a "well regulated militia". 'Merica!

Old 08-04-2019, 04:43 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,123,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Do you have anything other than personal insults and childish behavior to support why you think its OK to put limitations on freedom of speech. A grown adult with real ideas should be able to defend such a harsh step without resorting to the behavior you exhibit.
There’s nothing to say to someone like you who completely misread what I wrote and replaced it with what you wanted. We can’t continue from there until you actually read it for what it is. What you interpreted my words as, is called propaganda. When you want to have an actual discussion and not twist my words, start with some understanding and then get back to me. I’ll wait.

Old 08-04-2019, 04:49 PM

25,730 posts, read 16,348,964 times
Quote:
There’s nothing to say to someone like you who completely misread what I wrote and replaced it with what you wanted. We can’t continue from there until you actually read it for what it is. What you interpreted my words as, is called propaganda. When you want to have an actual discussion and not twist my words, start with some understanding and then get back to me. I’ll wait.
I have advice for you, stop projecting your own issues onto people you don't know. People are not always going to agree with you. Shocking for you I'm sure.

Old 08-04-2019, 04:50 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,923,339 times
Quote:
What did I miss? You want to restrict peoples rights due to the language they use. There is nothing I misread, there is nothing I replaced, there is nothing I twisted. Those are your words, and its telling that you are so reactive to them once you have it pointed out what they really mean.

Old 08-04-2019, 05:13 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,123,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
What did I miss? You want to restrict peoples rights due to the language they use. There is nothing I misread, there is nothing I replaced, there is nothing I twisted. Those are your words, and its telling that you are so reactive to them once you have it pointed out what they really mean.
You says it was limitation in freedom of speech, it’s not.
How else are we supposed to stop kids that encourage each other to commit mass murder from online sites? What do you propose? It’s called background check. If they’re discussing ideas for mass murder on sites known for harboring mass murderers, they can’t get a gun. Too many people have been killed this way.

Old 08-04-2019, 05:20 PM

10,285 posts, read 3,892,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
As a responsible gun owner, I have no problem with measures being implemented to help prevent mentally deficient people from legally obtaining firearms. However, my question is just how do we do that? Are we to require every person who decides they would like to buy a firearm to first go to a psychologist for evaluation? And what about the roughly 350 million legally owned weapons that are already in the hands of consumers? Do we now go door to door, asking these people to come in for an evaluation? I just can't see how this could work, logistically speaking. I am all for new measures to help improve safety in this country, but I personally just do not see how we can ever put this genie back in the bottle.
Screw that. Those same psychologist are killing communities with their prescription drugs, and the last thing I need is some therapist deciding if I can have a gun or not. Not to mention a person can just slip them some extra money on the side to approve of them having a gun, when they really shouldn't. So, no thank you! And anyways, more often than not, therapy still doesn't tell us when a person is going to snap one day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies