Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 01:54 AM

105 posts, read 338,286 times

Advertisements

Unless, teachers and professors decide to shoot like it happened already:

Concordia University massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Having professional security makes sense though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 01:59 AM

105 posts, read 338,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post

Why don't surgeons have access to guns in hospitals, someone might come in and attack them, and what about priests and nuns? How are they supposed to protect themselves?
And why don't we have policemen, security and teachers operate surgical equipment, somebody can get sick?

Old 12-21-2012, 02:08 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,063,483 times
In Texas, when that crazy guy went and began sniping from the tower at some college, armed citizens came and shot back probably sparing the life of many of the unarmed college students who were at that point sitting ducks. Don't underestimate firepower in citizens hands. Even if they're just shooting wildly, it's people natural reaction to take cover when being shot at giving others some time to escape.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:54 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I'm not a trained law enforcement agent, so I don't know, but neither are pre-school teachers.

Why don't surgeons have access to guns in hospitals, someone might come in and attack them, and what about priests and nuns? How are they supposed to protect themselves?
...and despite this reply, which to any person with a rational bone in their body should end this thread, it will go on and on with right wing morons and the requisite gun feishists saying that more guns are the answer to everything. There is so much stupid in this country, it's hard to fathom.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:56 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,063,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
...and despite this reply, which to any person with a rational bone in their body should end this thread, it will go on and on with right wing morons and the requisite gun feishists saying that more guns are the answer to everything. There is so much stupid in this country, it's hard to fathom.
I've known many priests with guns. Don't know about nuns or surgeons but it's their right if they want to exercise it

Old 12-21-2012, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdshaw07 View Post
I assume most of the posters here were in Kindergarten decades before there was any real threat of a crazed gunman opening fire in their classroom. We had crossing guards in elementary school to help protect us from traffic. Now there's a discussion about arming teachers to protect students from potential gunmen? Guns are now so prevalent that there's a proposal to arm teachers. How about reducing access to guns? How about reverse-engineering this problem so we can get back to allowing students to be crossing guards and not targets?
Because the gun fetishists can't fathom their own world without their little instruments of power to make them feel their sad little lives are far more grandiose then they really are. They're going to save us from the overthrow that the Kenyan has planned, you know.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:59 AM

Default h

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I've known many priests with guns. Don't know about nuns or surgeons but it's their right if they want to exercise it
Yeah, and it's a great idea for them to be carrying them around children, because all priests are noble people.

Oh wait, they aren't, so now we should arm alter boys so they can shoot any Priest who gets too touchy feely.

The never ending downward spiral that is apparent to anyone with a brain in their head.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:03 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
And I agree 100%. This is the most sane common sense approach in a attempt to curb school violence. It is the logical choice. It is a deterrence. You would be leveling the playing field in case a person or persons tried to commit acts of lethal violence on the school grounds. Armed teachers or other school officials could retaliate against the perpetrators and end the violence before irreparable harm could ensue.

Rick Perry: Teachers should have ‘access to weapons in their school’
Rick Perry: Teachers should have ‘access to weapons in their school’

Texas Gov. Rick Perry expressed support for allowing school districts to determine whether teachers can carry concealed handguns in class, which at least one Texas district already permits.

"In the state of Texas, if you go through the process, have been trained, and you are a handgun-licensed individual, you should be able to carry a gun anywhere in the state,"

Bob McDonnell: Consider guns for school officials
Bob McDonnell: Consider guns for school officials - Kevin Cirilli - POLITICO.com

Virginia Gov. McDonnell said during a WTOP radio program today, "I know there's been a knee-jerk reaction against that. If people were armed, not just a police officer but other school officials who were trained and chose to have a weapon, certainly there would have been an opportunity to stop aggressors coming into the schools.
Here we go again.

Yeah, there's a KNEE JERK to arm everyone.
Where do you people get this KNEE JERK sh*t at? FOX or limbaugh?

some people are mildly coo coo

Sound Effects -Cuckoo clock-

Old 12-21-2012, 03:05 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
You dont support finding well qualified individuals, training them to the level we require law enforcement and placing them in schools for the protection of the most vulnerable among us?

That certainly seems odd.

The Texas bill that was submitted today would require teachers that carry be trained to the level that Air Marshals are trained. You oppose this?
Dear, a teacher that receives the same training as an Air Marshall might as well quit teaching and become an Air Marshall. The money is much better.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:23 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Because the gun fetishists can't fathom their own world without their little instruments of power to make them feel their sad little lives are far more grandiose then they really are. They're going to save us from the overthrow that the Kenyan has planned, you know.
Any given day when I open the news around the world tells me the right to self defense is as important now as it ever was. You and I may not have created situations in the world but we live in it regardless and you have the choice to be meek and take your chances or stand up for your own self defense although you would take that choice away from me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies