Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2012, 09:11 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,304,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
HOLY CRAP!!!! I've been to these turds office! They have armed security at the friggin door!!!!
Which turds would that be. NRA or HuffPo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 09:13 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,133,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Which turds would that be. NRA or HuffPo?
I haven't seen guards at the NRA headquarters.

Though they do allow the staff to carry and there is a range on site.

Wonder why no one shoots up the NRA??? Hmmm....

Old 12-21-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Can that be confirmed by sources outside of the NRA and can you tell us how many members have dropped their membership since Newtown and/or LaPierre's speech?
Can you come up with those numbers you think you want to talk about?

Old 12-21-2012, 09:17 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,988,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
HOLY CRAP!!!! I've been to these turds office! They have armed security at the friggin door!!!!
Yes, you would expect security to be armed.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Maybe congress who is running around using children as their crutch to take more of our freedoms away can use the capital police force that numbers around 2K to protect the schools instead of covering for murders and crimes by the members??
Naw, they know they are gone for a couple of weeks and sure enough the stink over Newtown will have cooled down by the time they come back.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:18 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,988,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopskooper View Post
If Adam Lanza was intent on doing what he set out to do, and there happened to be an armed guard at the school, don't you think he would have waited until he could be assured that the guard was unaware of his presence (obvious) and then gun down the guard (remember, he would have had more firepower than the guard), and continued with the same rampage as if there was no guard at all?

And do you really think that if Dawn Hochsprung and Mary Sherlach were armed, that they'd would have been able to out gun Lanza and prevent him from continuing his rampage?

c'mon.
Got that right.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:19 PM

39,093 posts, read 51,295,696 times
I don't have a lot of problems with what LaPierre did say. I am more troubled by what he left unsaid. His idea to put cops in every school is about the only thing we can do in the short run to help ensure the safety of our children. But it treats the symptoms and not the disease as they say. The disease is far too many guns in our society and too little control on who has them. That can be tackled, but it will take years of efforts, court battles and new membership on the SCOTUS. In the meantime, we need to fight fire with fire.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:19 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,560,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
Maybe Kanye should have been there to grab the mic!
Kanye would have done a better job than ole' Wayne. Yes, I would say it was a PR Disaster. Not to mention - Wayne needs to get with the times. Music Videos ~ really? I don't know anyone under 50 that still watches those ~ IF they are even still on.

And an armed guard in every school - just brilliant, Wayne! Let's ask the Columbine students how well that worked out.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:20 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,488,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
There's no guarantees in life. Banning guns would never get all guns out of criminals' hands. Putting armed officers in schools would not prevent all violence. However, the question is which would be the best method to try and prevent these types of incidents. I think this is a good idea. I am stealing this thought from another thread where I saw it, but how many mass shootings do you see at gun shows? Not only can an armed officer provide deterrence but also some measure of protection. Is it a guarantee? Nope but hardly anything in this world is a guarantee.
But It's a band aid at best. It doesn't deal with the underlying issues that cause armed guards to be necessary in the first place. Again, instead of asking, "Why not have armed guards in every school?" like you would find in third world countries, we should be asking "How can we prevent these weapons from getting into the hands of the wrong people in the first place?"

And don't tell me "They'll get them no matter what, so we just have to suck it up". No, we don't have to put up with this. The rest of the developed world doesn't put up with the violence we have in the United States.

I swear, sometimes I think America is becoming more barbaric and uncivilized by the day.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:21 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,133,175 times
What's really silly is even joining the NRA.

If you believed the feds wanted to grab your guns wouldn't you avoid joining the organization the feds will raid first for the nice big membership list???

Hmm... Not to mention that they hit you up for donations every two seconds and sell your info to the GOP...

Even when you just donate... :banghead:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies