Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support an executive order to ban assault weapons? If not, would you protest the order in def
Yes, I support an executive order to ban assault weapons 68 32.54%
No, I do not support an executive order to ban assault weapons 51 24.40%
No, I do not support an executive order and will protest Obama's signature if he signs one 90 43.06%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 10:28 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
So screw the other guys because you believe it's the gun owners fault and fully support bypassing congress to have your way?

So I guess the blood of the dead black Libyan children who were murdered because of race and religion by the rebels is on your hands since you support executive orders?
More crocodile tears, besides, Libyans aren't Black, but I guess to you they all look alike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 10:29 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Is such an executive order even legal?
An executive signing his own execution papers.
That would be legal.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:31 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,519,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Libyans aren't Black, but I guess to you they all look alike.
There are black Libyans.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...an-rebels.html

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-19-2012 at 04:46 AM.. Reason: name calling

Old 12-18-2012, 10:40 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
The gun nuts would probably go ape-sh*t, but I'd personally have no problem with it, even though am otherwise fine with owning firearms. So why the heck does anyone need a flippin' assault rifle anyway, except to take out a crowd of people... you know, single-handedly stage an assault? Or has Bambi started wearing Kevlar these days?
You have no problem with a president deciding on his own unilaterally to ban something for the entire nation? You do realize this is a representative republic we live in, right? We have a President, not a King.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
You have no problem with a president deciding on his own unilaterally to ban something for the entire nation? You do realize this is a representative republic we live in, right? We have a President, not a King.
When did the President decide to do this? I know Reagan banned carrying guns, but he was governor at the time.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:43 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
To those who vote no, you all have blood on your hands.

What if it was your child in Newtown?

No, I have my personal liberty to be a free individual, capable of defending myself, against all forms of oppression, from anyone or any thing.

More kids are killed each year by doctor malpractice, than kids killed by guns(actually more than all people killed by guns in the USA)

More kids are killed in automotive crashes, than kids killed by guns in the USA (actually more than all people killed by guns in the USA)

I would wonder why my child was not permitted to defend him/her self against such an attack on his/her personal liberty, as the Constitution clearly states.

There use to be a reason, turn and fire at 10 paces was legal and practiced often.
Even a quick draw gun fight at high noon was legal.

Both parties were equally armed.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:43 PM

Quote:
When did the President decide to do this? I know Reagan banned carrying guns, but he was governor at the time.
The keyword being "would". Nobody said Obama has done it yet. The question is whether or not you would support the move.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:45 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
To those who vote no, you all have blood on your hands.

What if it was your child in Newtown?
Blood on my hands?! What an idiotic and insulting statement!! I will not support any "bans" nor will I give up my AR15 voluntary.like. If I had a child in that school I would be in a grief stricken rage. I would volunteer to stand armed watches at the school. The questions I would want answers to have nothing to do with the guns themselves. Rather I would want to know how this kid ne er raised any eyebrows. How do threats like this go totally undetected? With all the fuss over security these days are officials and tbe general citizenry so complacent and confident in tbe governments desire to protect us that we are just flat blind and take zero responsibility for tbe safety oc our communities on ourselves?
If I ha e blood on my hands, because I own a certain type of firearm, tben so do you pard! Be ause you are to afraid to take responsibility and expect someone else to bear the burden for you. Spare us your self righteous indignation and phony outrage. It stinks like a summer outhouse.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
The keyword being "would". Nobody said Obama has done it yet. The question is whether or not you would support the move.
By yet you are inferring that he will eventually do it.

You are slamming him for something he hasn't done or suggested he will do. Just some twisted right wing paranoid fantasy.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
By yet you are inferring that he will eventually do it.

You are slamming him for something he hasn't done or suggested he will do. Just some twisted right wing paranoid fantasy.
Yes, my twisted right wing mind thinks he will do it. He's shown us over and over again before that he has no problem with executive orders or mandates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies