Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 07:19 AM

30,023 posts, read 18,596,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
Hawkeye has always used false propaganda. You can find an expert or student that wrote a paper on how the moon is made of green cheese. He has a strong bias and would find a reason to denounce Mother Theresa if he thought she was a liberal. I don't take him very seriously.

"False propaganda"? Obviously, you did not even read it. Afraid of facts?

This is statistical data which refutes your incorrect anecdotes and you just cannot handle the fact that you are completely wrong.

This is the trouble with liberalism, as it is vacating common sense and reason. When facts are presented which refute core values or beliefs, they simply ignore them or modify them. This, of course, was a tactic of Stalin. It is not surprising that ALL LIBERALS display this peculiar behavioral trait- an inability to accept facts which do not support thier cult.

http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/...useronline.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 07:19 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,145,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
And flirting with atheism near the end.
These people don't want to see common sense. I own several guns that are considered assault weapons. I like to shoot at the range with different types of guns, but its only common sense that at the very least we all should agree on is that selling any gun in a private face to face deal in the parking lot or some back alley is stupid. It should be federal law you can only sell a gun through a dealer and put restrictions on the dealer that they can not gouge for the transaction, they can charge say nor more than 20 bucks. Put a tax on gun sales to cover it and then make it mandatory that no dealer can charge but they have to do it and then the Gov. can reimburse them for their trouble just like they do for collecting sales tax.

But far right wing nuts like hawkeye will say putting prayer[ talking to yourself] back in school will do a lot for stopping problems but not limiting guns. LOL This is how stupid these people are. talking to fictitious gods will do wonders but stopping guns will do nothing, I don't need a Harvard study to tell me that is BUNK. I bet Hawkeye would not take a study seriously that said dog crap smells bad if it does not take a side he likes. As I said you can find an expert on every side of every issue.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:22 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,454,180 times
Gun control isn't the only issue, but it is part of it. Canada has shown that better regulations on who gets their hands on guns, better mental health services, and banning of assault weapons decreases homicide rates and gun crime by nearly 6 times (per capita)compared to the US. This isn't some study, they are tracking it year after year that shows it works.

This entire thread is internally inconsistent for the OP. They want to promote keeping guns legal after all of these shootings where people died, but 1 guy in Vancouver Canada hits a pedestrian while stoned and it is reason to keep pot illegal because it is dangerous. If guns are an inanimate object that are not to blame for some one using them badly, then how can anything else?

Old 12-19-2012, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
"False propaganda"? Obviously, you did not even read it. Afraid of facts?

This is statistical data which refutes your incorrect anecdotes and you just cannot handle the fact that you are completely wrong.

This is the trouble with liberalism, as it is vacating common sense and reason. When facts are presented which refute core values or beliefs, they simply ignore them or modify them. This, of course, was a tactic of Stalin. It is not surprising that ALL LIBERALS display this peculiar behavioral trait- an inability to accept facts which do not support thier cult.
Did you read the articles I gave? No because you want to see what you want to see. You have a built in bias and will not hear anything that goes against your preconceived ideas. You live in the neocons bubble. nothing gets in but what supports your thinking. You hold up one article that I am not sure supports anything and even if it does I showed you 5 other articles that debunked your ideas. You dismiss my articles and whine about your article. Yours is not a study its a compilation of stats that were used to show that an outcome. I have shown other articles that use stats to show other outcomes. But you are a harpie who beats one drum beat and can not get off your one trick pony show. You obviously are afflicted with OCD that is almost debilitating.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
These people don't want to see common sense. I own several guns that are considered assault weapons. I like to shoot at the range with different types of guns, but its only common sense that at the very least we all should agree on is that selling any gun in a private face to face deal in the parking lot or some back alley is stupid. It should be federal law you can only sell a gun through a dealer and put restrictions on the dealer that they can not gouge for the transaction, they can charge say nor more than 20 bucks. Put a tax on gun sales to cover it and then make it mandatory that no dealer can charge but they have to do it and then the Gov. can reimburse them for their trouble just like they do for collecting sales tax.

But far right wing nuts like hawkeye will say putting prayer[ talking to yourself] back in school will do a lot for stopping problems but not limiting guns. LOL This is how stupid these people are. talking to fictitious gods will do wonders but stopping guns will do nothing, I don't need a Harvard study to tell me that is BUNK. I bet Hawkeye would not take a study seriously that said dog crap smells bad if it does not take a side he likes. As I said you can find an expert on every side of every issue.

Speaking of stupid...........................

I guess you ascribe to the philosophy of "one half assed anecdote of mine is worth ten randomized, blinded, prospective studies in the literature".

You are obviously wrong, as the facts show. However, you are too insecure and unable to change your views, based on facts. When you continue to attempt to refute the facts with rambling anecdotes, you simply look more and more foolish. Only an idiot would initiate an action that would not achieve the desired results. That action is gun control, as is demanded by liberals.

As Stalin said, when the facts do not support the agenda, change them. This is a tenet of liberalism.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Gun control isn't the only issue, but it is part of it. Canada has shown that better regulations on who gets their hands on guns, better mental health services, and banning of assault weapons decreases homicide rates and gun crime by nearly 6 times (per capita)compared to the US. This isn't some study, they are tracking it year after year that shows it works.

This entire thread is internally inconsistent for the OP. They want to promote keeping guns legal after all of these shootings where people died, but 1 guy in Vancouver Canada hits a pedestrian while stoned and it is reason to keep pot illegal because it is dangerous. If guns are an inanimate object that are not to blame for some one using them badly, then how can anything else?
As a gun and assault weapon owner I totally agree. Canada and every other country that is not a banana republic has a national health care system. When will we see that the answer is not one thing, one magic pill but a compilation of solutions. National health care where everyone gets screened and plugging the stupid hole on private sales of guns. We have mentally ill people who can go to some parking lot and buy an AR15, Mac11 or AK, Glock ect. without so much as the photo that is taken of you when you buy that 44oz coke at the 7/11. Now that is just Bat crap crazy. People like Hawkeye are going to lose us our guns because of not being willing to even talk about doing some common sense things. Idiots.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
As a gun and assault weapon owner I totally agree. Canada and every other country that is not a banana republic has a national health care system. When will we see that the answer is not one thing, one magic pill but a compilation of solutions. National health care where everyone gets screened and plugging the stupid hole on private sales of guns. We have mentally ill people who can go to some parking lot and buy an AR15, Mac11 or AK, Glock ect. without so much as the photo that is taken of you when you buy that 44oz coke at the 7/11. Now that is just Bat crap crazy. People like Hawkeye are going to lose us our guns because of not being willing to even talk about doing some common sense things. Idiots.

Common sense?

Common sense is making decisions based on available factual data. Idiocy is making irrational decisions which are not supported by the available data. Your position falls into the latter category and is vacating common sense.

Your position is analagous to those who used self flagellation in an attempt to ward off the Bubonic Plaugue and has the same validity.

Read the article. Want to reduce gun violence? Change the culture. We have a Godless, violent culture due to liberal policy; that same policy demands that those unable to function in society be "mainstreamed", rather than institutionalized.

Nice try in changing the topic, as you are wrong.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:37 AM

77,012 posts, read 47,481,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Even more telling why have murder rates in the US been dropping with decreasing gun controls, more states have no permit for concealed carry and shall issue permitting than in the 80's and 90's but we have lower murder rates it was around 10/100,000 in 1980 down to 4.7/100,000 2011, and of course since 2004 the AWB sunset the murder rates are down further still.
This 50% decrease in murders in US would be a key argument if there had not been any gun control measures, but the truth is that there were gun control measures, the - Clinton gun ban, which expired in 2004. Did that play a part in the reduction, or was the reduction a coincidence?

Old 12-19-2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Speaking of stupid...........................

I guess you ascribe to the philosophy of "one half assed anecdote of mine is worth ten randomized, blinded, prospective studies in the literature".

You are obviously wrong, as the facts show. However, you are too insecure and unable to change your views, based on facts. When you continue to attempt to refute the facts with rambling anecdotes, you simply look more and more foolish. Only an idiot would initiate an action that would not achieve the desired results. That action is gun control, as is demanded by liberals.

As Stalin said, when the facts do not support the agenda, change them. This is a tenet of liberalism.
First off your unbalanced and seem to fixate on communism. You and your boogieman must have a hard time sleeping at night. You also seem to have to keep some icon to hate, its in your personality to have an enemy.

Second, your totally off subject. I own these guns. I don't really want to see a ban on them. People like you are going to get them baned because of your rigid ideological idiocy. There are two things that can be done to help stop gun crime. Plug the private sales no back ground check hole, and talk about a middle tier to semi autos like the NFA rules on full autos.

We have seen people many neocons come out and say they can no longer support semi autos. Support for these weapons is drying up like a mud puddle in the desert. We either work to help guide the debate or it will go on with out us. People like you and Nugent and your vitriolic crap will do little to help.

Standing up and yelling about stalin or Hitler makes you look stupid.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Common sense?

Common sense is making decisions based on available factual data. Idiocy is making irrational decisions which are not supported by the available data. Your position falls into the latter category and is vacating common sense.

Your position is analagous to those who used self flagellation in an attempt to ward off the Bubonic Plaugue and has the same validity.

Read the article. Want to reduce gun violence? Change the culture. We have a Godless, violent culture due to liberal policy; that same policy demands that those unable to function in society be "mainstreamed", rather than institutionalized.

Nice try in changing the topic, as you are wrong.
Yaaa there you go again, putting god back into the schools is the trick. Do you hear yourself? Do you hear how dumb you sound? The fact is that China a godless culture for the most part has 1/5th the murder rate as the USA. WTF are you even talking about. If you did not have liberals to hate you would have to find something else to hate. I bet you have a stuffed animal you hit at night just to get enough of your aggression out to go to sleep. You are a tin foil bat crap crazy idiot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies