U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 09:46 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,040,384 times

Advertisements

What do you think that NRA will say on its big announcement Friday? I bet they keep Wayne Lapierre under wraps. He has a bad reputation for saying stupid things. I bet they say that they feel the pain of the family's and that it was the act of a mad man and the old talking point that you could have killed those kids by many different ways. That its not the gun its the shooter and if the teachers were armed they could have stopped this. I put this as about 75 percent that this is what the talk about.

15 percent I predict that they say, we agree to close the loop hole on back ground checks. and the above statement.

I say that there is a 15 percent chance instead of a 0 percent because of all the defections on the gun issue as of late.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 09:50 AM

6,478 posts, read 6,618,292 times
There is no law that could be written on paper to prevent mass shootings. As with the abortion and other ceaseless moral arguments some people refuse to realize that hearts and minds have to be changed for progress to be made.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:50 AM

12,373 posts, read 8,326,002 times
I think they will offer money for mental health treatment centers. The talking points "memo" they seems to have sent out to all their members is to paint these mass murders as a madmen gone wild with no culpability for the gun culture. They want to change the conversation.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:55 AM

9,031 posts, read 9,364,458 times
I think we can also expect to hear the phrase "second amendment" about 300 times per minute. Apparently the latest talking point is: repeal or modify the 2A or shut up.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:59 AM

1,290 posts, read 1,869,206 times
They'll say something like this:

1. Condolences and prayers go out to the victims and friends/families!!

2. With that being said, the 2nd amendment is still our "God" given right!!

3. Buy more assault rifles to protect yourselves!

Last edited by dragontales; 12-19-2012 at 11:30 AM..

Old 12-19-2012, 11:01 AM

33,713 posts, read 19,153,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
they'll say something like this:

1. Condolences and prayers go out to the victims and friends/families!!

2. With that being said, the 2nd amendment is still out "god" given right!!

3. Buy more assault rifles to protect yourselves!
bingo.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:12 AM

41,823 posts, read 44,856,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The talking points "memo" they seems to have sent out to all their members is to paint these mass murders as a madmen gone wild...
Does the shoe fit?

My hope is that they call on the gun control advocates to forgo any new laws and go right for the jugular by proposing either repeal or modification of the Second Amendment. That would be genius.....

Old 12-19-2012, 11:14 AM

6,978 posts, read 5,249,102 times
Why would they say anything? I have yet to hear from the local car club about the Dallas Cowboys DUI death.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:16 AM

41,823 posts, read 44,856,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Why would they say anything? I have yet to hear from the local car club about the Dallas Cowboys DUI death.
They are holding a press conference on Friday. There was a short press release today:

Quote:
The National Rifle Association of America is made up of four million moms and dads,
sons and daughters –and we were shocked, saddened and heartbroken by the news of the
horrific and senseless murders in Newtown.

Out of respect for the families, and as a matter of common decency, we have given time
for mourning, prayer and a full investigation of the facts before commenting.

The NRA is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never
happens again.

The NRA is planning to hold a major news conference in the Washington, DC area
on Friday, December 21.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:17 AM

23,954 posts, read 12,185,455 times
That shrill SOB LaPierre is the reason I let my membership in the NRA expire after nearly 40 years.

In the 1960s the NRA was an organization dedicated to the artistry of handmade sporting arms and supporting and encouraging hunting. Their publications today are mostly political and moneygrubbing, and push higher and higher firepower as the remedy for all ills.

I would love to see them completely humiliated to the point that they dissolve. There is nothing they can say that will bring back those children, who were shot with high cap weapons specifically lobbied for by the NRA. Screw them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies