U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 02:04 PM

16,679 posts, read 9,280,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Because, of course, they're made for something else entirely. Growing daisies or something.

Seriously, do you have anything to say that would convince me guns are NOT produced with the intention of killing something? Even the Founding Fathers knew that. They purposely wrote the 2nd Amendment to allow people to protect themselves against OTHER PEOPLE.
Then you could call it a Self Defense Machine or a Protection Machine. Also plenty of people survive gun shot wounds so Death machine would not be accurate there either. Nor if it is used solely for target shooting or collecting purposes.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 02:27 PM

819 posts, read 1,383,460 times
It is typical political and media spin.

If a Repulican changes his mind on an issue, he is a "flip-flopper", if a Democrat changes his mind on an issue "they matured & learned". "Doesn't it show how the senetor has matured into his position with the way he changed his thinking on that issue."

Suddenly a .223 becomes a "high power" round when every left appointed wildlife commissioner I know makes it illegal to shoot a deer with a .223 because it isn't powerful enough. Take a position.....even if it is wrong.
It is all spin....and cherry picking positions.

Let's take the guns to save the children......but dammit let's support a woman's right to choose to kill her fetus a few million times over each year. Either killing kids is wrong or it isn't.

Call a spade a spade, if you want to control the population and a step in your quest is to systematically take firearms out of the people's hands, just have the stones to say it.

I don't mind other people disagreeing with me, just don't insult my intelligence, don't crap then tell me it doesn't stink.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:34 PM

5,563 posts, read 3,960,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Then you could call it a Self Defense Machine or a Protection Machine. Also plenty of people survive gun shot wounds so Death machine would not be accurate there either. Nor if it is used solely for target shooting or collecting purposes.
Thank you for proving my point. They are made to KILL people, not wound, who are attacking you. And thanks again for relieving my mind that my daughters might survive the next gun massacre!

And finally, they are not made for target shooting. That's something gun nuts do with weapons designed to kill, but that doesn't mean that's why they were invented. And as for collecting ... don't even get me started about people who collect machines whose original and continued purpose is to kill. There are simply no words.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:36 PM

1,137 posts, read 909,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
Are high power assault rifles not weapons of war? If not, what are you weapons of? Hunting? Protection?
Define assault rifle.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:37 PM

1,137 posts, read 909,788 times
Quote:
Thank you for proving my point. They are made to KILL people, not wound, who are attacking you. And thanks again for relieving my mind that my daughters might survive the next gun massacre!

And finally, they are not made for target shooting. That's something gun nuts do with weapons designed to kill, but that doesn't mean that's why they were invented. And as for collecting ... don't even get me started about people who collect machines whose original and continued purpose is to kill. There are simply no words.

Guns are designed to fire a projectile, where said projectile goes it determined entirely by its human operator.

People like you dont pay attention to facts though.

A gun has NEVER killed anyone without first being operated by a human.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:38 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,492,161 times
"Weapons of War"

Somebody should tell Obama they didn't fly a drone into Sandy Hook

10,568 posts, read 11,843,585 times
When a drug bottle has the warning..."May cause suicidal ideation" - what the hell is all that about...A chemical compound that leads you to suicidal thoughts would only lead you further once those thoughts were established...Most people who commit self murder always consider taking others with them- especially young males. Prozac combined with ten years of brain shrinking Ritalin taking is always a formula for eventual disaster. The real assault weapon in this case was manufactured by big Pharma. I would bet my life on the fact that if a young man had not been subjected to hap hazard chemical manipulation of the brain...chances are horrific mutated acts of violence would not occur.

37,840 posts, read 24,327,488 times
Quote:
Because, of course, they're made for something else entirely. Growing daisies or something.
none of my guns have killed anything, despite having been fired thousands of times.

are you telling me they are defective or something?

Quote:
Seriously, do you have anything to say that would convince me guns are NOT produced with the intention of killing something? Even the Founding Fathers knew that. They purposely wrote the 2nd Amendment to allow people to protect themselves against OTHER PEOPLE. For you to now try to pretend that guns are something benign and fun is simply sick.
again: are my 'killing machines' defective, since they have failed utterly in accomplishing what you keep screeching is their one and only purpose?

Old 12-19-2012, 02:40 PM

5,563 posts, read 3,960,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Guns are designed to fire a projectile, where said projectile goes it determined entirely by its human operator.

People like you dont pay attention to facts though.

A gun has NEVER killed anyone without first being operated by a human.
Irrelevant, though a really catchy motto for the NRA.

Are you trying to actually tell me that guns were designed to fire a projectile merely into space? What a silly invention!

Old 12-19-2012, 02:43 PM

16,679 posts, read 9,280,724 times
Quote:
Thank you for proving my point. They are made to KILL people, not wound, who are attacking you.
That depends where you aim it. It is up to the person being ATTACKED to decide the best course, as it should be. I'm sure you would have no problem with your wife or daughter using a Death Machine to defend herself against a rapist or killer. They could aim for the leg and it would be a Wound Machine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies