Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 10:17 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times

Advertisements

As I listen to Obama speak, he used the term "Weapons of War" as if Americans have access to military-grade weapons. WE DO NOT AND NEVER HAVE! Feinstein and the liberal gun-haters actually used the term "machine guns" as if Americans own or have access to full-auto weapons. They are being untruthful in their quest. It's another knee-jerk reaction, just like the creation of HS after 911, and the TSA after the underwear bomber.

What a load of garbage.

Playing on these tragedies and using singular incidents of gun crime, like a drive by in Topeka yesterday, is ridiculous.

As if banning guns will stop gang violence, as if banning guns will keep criminals from getting them.

Misguided politicians deciding to punish law-abiding citizens for the actions of a few wackos. It is incredible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 10:22 AM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times
I agree. Its a game of words and manipulations. Further thinking of that, none of the proposed "gun control" laws would be effective after 300M or so weapons (of peace, not war) are already in people's hands.
Its time to ban all guns from populated areas. The only reasonable way.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:23 AM

744 posts, read 1,091,666 times
Ronald Reagan supported the assault weapons ban.

Reading the shrill, hysterical, bug-eyed nonsense from teabagger loons just proves that conservatism is a deep mental affliction.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:26 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
Ronald Reagan supported the assault weapons ban.

Reading the shrill, hysterical, bug-eyed nonsense from teabagger loons just proves that conservatism is a deep mental affliction.
In 2005 Feinstein warned that "when the ban is lifted gun violence would increase 20%"

Gun crime went down 20%

I guess facts and the truth are mental afflictions, to progressives.

I agree that all assault weapons should be banned from public sale... OH WAIT, they already are!!!

If you don't know the difference between an AR15 carbine and an M16 full auto military grade weapon is, you have no business throwing out an opinion.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:28 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,040,652 times
Are high power assault rifles not weapons of war? If not, what are you weapons of? Hunting? Protection?

Old 12-19-2012, 10:33 AM

691 posts, read 771,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
Are high power assault rifles not weapons of war? If not, what are you weapons of? Hunting? Protection?

Ever hear of "sport".

Old 12-19-2012, 10:35 AM

2,075 posts, read 4,446,614 times
That game of dismissing the gun-control advocates because they use the wrong buzzwords like "clips" and "machine guns" isn't going to work this time around. That's because they are finally educating themselves about the guns in question. Learning what a high capacity magazine is. Understanding the difference between semi and fully automatic. The gun lobby is finally being forced to answer questions like "we do we need semi-auto, military inspired assault weapons with high capacity magazines in our society?" and America can finally see that their justification for these weapons is tenuous at best.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:35 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
In 2005 Feinstein warned that "when the ban is lifted gun violence would increase 20%"

Gun crime went down 20%

I agree that all assault weapons should be banned from public sale... OH WAIT, they already are!!!

If you don't know the difference between an AR15 carbine and an
Quote:
M16 full auto military grade weapon
is, you have no business throwing out an opinion.
I'm well aware of the difference between a fully automatic (or burst) M16/M4 and a civilian AR-15. But I hear the anti-gun crowd bleating about "military grade" a lot lately. What does that mean? Many (most?) civilian ARs use barrels with the same steels and finishes as the military. The same steel and heat treat on the bolts. The same finish on the metal. Often they are more accurate and sometimes even more reliable than the military counterpart. So...what the heck is "military grade"?

Old 12-19-2012, 10:45 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
That would be fully automatic. "High powered" rounds are hunting rounds since I think a 460 weatherby magnum might be a bit much against human targets. So you are talking about fire power as in rate of fire. Pistols have lots of fire power.

Not sure how 10 round magazines are going to make any difference since 4 pistols = 40 rounds + 4 in the barrel. It takes a second to cycle a magazine which makes 100 rounds a piece of cake. People who are for these laws are obviously never touched a gun.

There is no easy answer.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:48 AM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

Gun crime went down 20%

If you don't know the difference between an AR15 carbine and an M16 full auto military grade weapon is, you have no business throwing out an opinion.
They know the difference. They are using this tragedy as an opportunity to push their agenda to a confounded and weakended public. They know what they are doing, to begin with banning this particular gun (semi-automatic, non-assault rifle) and then move to banning semi-auto pistols when those are used in a big news shooting. Those are most of the guns people keep in thier homes for personal protection. This is a big opportunity for those with an anti-gun agenda, a first step to get moving now, while we are still in shock and mourning.

They are playing with the emotions of the public and our feelings about our children, it's an achilles heel, and it is a huge manipulation of the US citizens. It is disgusting and it is disrespectful to the dead to be using the tragedy for political gain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies