Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 08:26 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,064,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
Do you see what they say? I say cut them off. All of them. That'd be my position. Instead you all just go with "oh what can we do?". It's what you don't do that changes things...

And you know this.

And I'mtoo nice....right....

You all are too tolerant.
Most of them are blinded by the misandric, feminist propaganda. They, along with the propagandists, represent the devil's army.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 08:28 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,784,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Ok, but you have not answered the question. How do you tie feminism into any of these things? Maybe things are harder today, but we all have to work harder and many of us do. And while some men cannot understand modern women, well, that's really their problem. We're all faced with all kinds of people we don't necessarily understand due to globalization. I work with people from all over the globe who hail from various countries/cultures and we have to make it work through language barriers, cultural behaviors, work ethics, etc. It seems like you're just blaming rather than offering a substantial argument to chew on here.
I think the tradition of marriage and relationships in a man's mind is set a certain way, I think most men think of women as submissive and willing to stand by his side than take the lead. Things today are definitely harder, higher COL, more competition , less jobs, more stress and much more but I think alot of these young men are deemed losers by society. If a man doesn't have a woman by society he's a loser, no job = loser, = no independence = loser.

I think the issue with feminism is understanding it from a man's angle, it comes off as power and control. The courts side with women usually, less men are getting married, more women are playing the field and living their life, it seems America caters to women and neglects men in some instances...

I think these men are just confused, especially the older ones who haven't achieved independence or aren't dating and so forth but in modern America many will get left out as women are only after alpha males...

I think feminism destroys the traditional American role women had and most men I think are conservative by nature, especially choosing women.

It's my view, some men will still overcome, especially the educated ones who made all the right moves but the ones who didn't, combined with a lower social status, they're not gonna be too keen about it.

It's just my opinion, you can bash if you wish, don't matter.

Feminism is good but not built on this countries traditional values.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:32 PM

Feminism was never about equality. It was/is more of a female supremacist hate group that demonizes males while empowering females.

Yes, the family structure has declined since this hate group gained popularity. I don't understand why those in power continues to take feminists seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
I think the tradition of marriage and relationships in a man's mind is set a certain way, I think most men think of women as submissive and willing to stand by his side than take the lead. Things today are definitely harder, higher COL, more competition , less jobs, more stress and much more but I think alot of these young men are deemed losers by society. If a man doesn't have a woman by society he's a loser, no job = loser, = no independence = loser.

I think the issue with feminism is understanding it from a man's angle, it comes off as power and control. The courts side with women usually, less men are getting married, more women are playing the field and living their life, it seems America caters to women and neglects men in some instances...

I think these men are just confused, especially the older ones who haven't achieved independence or aren't dating and so forth but in modern America many will get left out as women are only after alpha males...

I think feminism destroys the traditional American role women had and most men I think are conservative by nature, especially choosing women.

It's my view, some men will still overcome, especially the educated ones who made all the right moves but the ones who didn't, combined with a lower social status, they're not gonna be too keen about it.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Ok, but you have not answered the question. How do you tie feminism into any of these things? Maybe things are harder today, but we all have to work harder and many of us do. And while some men cannot understand modern women, well, that's really their problem. We're all faced with all kinds of people we don't necessarily understand due to globalization. I work with people from all over the globe who hail from various countries/cultures and we have to make it work through language barriers, cultural behaviors, work ethics, etc. It seems like you're just blaming rather than offering a substantial argument to chew on here.

eta: Although, where change is involved it's probably always going to be painful for a segment of people and our world is constantly changing and it has become exponential. I don't think feminism or women are to blame for that, although I understand that it can be overwhelming.
But they have caused the downfall of humanity since the beginning of time.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:46 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,213,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
I think the tradition of marriage and relationships in a man's mind is set a certain way, I think most men think of women as submissive and willing to stand by his side than take the lead.
This is probably true, but more so for the traditional male. The uneducated, blue collar worker if you will. And marriage is definitely failing for that segment of both men and women. With that said, something to keep in mind, is that educated professional women (those who benefit the most from feminism) are not available to these guys. Their female counterparts (uneducated, pink collar workers with more traditional views themselves) are what's available and yet it's still not working. It's interesting and as I stated earlier, I think it's a matter of disparity and modernity. I suppose feminism is playing a role in the sense that no woman really has to be dependent on a man to survive regardless of her station.
Quote:
Things today are definitely harder, higher COL, more competition , less jobs, more stress and much more but I think alot of these young men are deemed losers by society. If a man doesn't have a woman by society he's a loser, no job = loser, = no independence = loser.
I suppose it depends on what you're exposed to and what you're expectations are. Honestly, I think people expect more than they should. I think entitlement issues come into play more so than anything else.
Quote:
For example? I'm still not sure why it really matters or how feminism is to blame for anyone not doing as well as they like. At least not with what you're saying. So, ok, more women are playing the field and living their life. What else should they be doing? And I don't buy that the courts side with women (assuming you mean divorce and children) more so, because I've seen the stats and the stats don't really show that. Rather, the stats show that most men don't want primary custodial responsibility. The stats show that the higher earner will pay independent of gender.
Quote:
I don't see the problem with this either. People have always been left out. We don't always get what we want. We don't necessarily deserve what we want, only what we earn.
Quote:
Yes, I do agree with you here. Obviously I support the destruction of gender roles or any role based in ignorance. Women should not be limited academically or professionally because of some male failings. And that's really the argument, right? It just cannot work any more.
Quote:

I don't want to bash your opinion. I'm trying to understand it. We're coming form very different places. To me it goes to show how it's not necessarily about power or poverty at face value, but culture and life experience.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:47 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,677,210 times
Quote:
Do you really think anyone will care who you cut off or not? Disparity is not going away and it's not a gender issue.
I was talking to you. Cut them off. All of them.
Otherwise guys thinking like "women are the downfall of humanity" or whatever terminology he used, they won't ever go away.

I favor disparate but equal, btw.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:51 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,230,851 times
... I think some people here need to realize there's a middle ground between "It's all man's fault" and "Females are the doom of humanity." The latter is spitting in the face of biology by the way.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:54 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,677,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Most of them are blinded by the misandric, feminist propaganda. They, along with the propagandists, represent the devil's army.
The only devil that exists is us humans.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:55 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,213,544 times
Quote:
Feminism was never about equality. It was/is more of a female supremacist hate group that demonizes males while empowering females.

Yes, the family structure has declined since this hate group gained popularity. I don't understand why those in power continues to take feminists seriously.
Quote:
But they have caused the downfall of humanity since the beginning of time.
I don't agree. You keep saying it without a foundation, and that just makes the statement sound irrational. You can then blame that on women as well, but you're just adding to your already existing irrational pile of poor arguments. I think success in this era comes down to many things- intelligence, talent, privilege/opportunity, genetics, and upbringing (combined). Feminism is a consequence or result of this era, but not a cause. That's key. You guys, from what I can tell, feel entitled to whatever you feel entitled to. You're not getting it so you're blaming and the best you can come up with is feminism. But, you're not getting what you want for far more complicated reasons than feminism.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
I don't agree. You keep saying it without a foundation, and that just makes the statement sound irrational. You can then blame that on women as well, but you're just adding to your already existing irrational pile of poor arguments. I think success in this era comes down to many things- intelligence, talent, privilege/opportunity, genetics, and upbringing (combined). Feminism is a consequence or result of this era, but not a cause. That's key. You guys, from what I can tell, feel entitled to whatever you feel entitled to. You're not getting it so you're blaming and the best you can come up with is feminism. But, you're not getting what you want for far more complicated reasons than feminism.
You people blame society's problems on humans, but it's not okay for humans to blame some resources on you people. I got it now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies