U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 04:16 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,555,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It's only "not possible" to obstinate gun nuts who can't stand the fact that people are now seriously talking about the level of gun violence in this country. The nuts feel threatened.
Translation: Blah blah blah I can't hear you blah blah blah.

Why would you post something from the state with the strictest or at least among the strictest gun control in the country as some type of evidence that we need gun control?

So... suggestions?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 04:18 PM

26,684 posts, read 26,970,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Why would you post something from the state with the strictest or at least among the strictest gun control in the country as some type of evidence that we need gun control?
I didn't.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:21 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,555,086 times
Quote:
I didn't.
Yes, you did.

Quote:
Two people were shot in San Diego late Monday after meeting a potential buyer who was responding to a Craigslist advertisement.
Or is this San Diego, Alabama?

So... suggestions?

Old 12-19-2012, 04:25 PM

2,933 posts, read 5,197,436 times
i hope this sort of element arent moving into the iphone market, that would be bad. so much money to be made in electronics smuggling, don't need these idiots making it violent.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:58 PM

19,894 posts, read 17,286,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Oh, poor you. Can't pass any ineffective measures and feel better about yourself.

Guess you're not too happy with CA's strict gun control?

Your right! all the strictest gun laws in the world, sorry are not the answer. Not going to 100% stop these whackos, and there ability, to want to hurt others. I really think this is a epedemic,, and going to spread, sad but true,

This is not just a gun issue, but a issue with our severly depressed, sick and menatally ill individuals, not getting diagnoised, or the medical help needed.

Some parents are living this nitemare, i know a family, going thru this with a son. No facility will accept this whacko, and he is whacked in every way, and dangerous, unitl he actually kills someone, or he signs himself into a facility, to get the help needed. No way he will, he sees those around him as threatening to him, and feels he is fine but everyone around him, are nuts.

Parents are at there wit-end they don't know what else to do, and they live in a afluential community, this desease hits all people no matter where you live.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:40 PM

77,804 posts, read 95,025,187 times
Quote:
Craigslist case: California couple shot while trying to sell iPhone - U.S. News

More ridiculous gun violence. We have to live with it, unfortunately.

But I don't really understand why people try to sell things on Craigslist. I use eBay and Amazon to sell all of my stuff, and I don't have to deal with any strangers in person.
This isn't the first time this has happened.There have been robberies, shootings and rapes when people have responded to Craigs list. This should be a warning, be careful when you agree to meet someone. BTW, Are you suggesting all guns should be banned or did the shooter use a assult weapon? I am sure there have been more crimes committed in San Diego this year than just this one...

Old 12-19-2012, 05:42 PM

12,033 posts, read 15,401,974 times
Sad to hear. Without even clicking on this, I knew it involved Craigslist.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:44 PM

77,804 posts, read 95,025,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
There are a lot of selfish people who think their right to own a deadly important is worth the 9000 needless deaths caused by guns a year.
so are one of thsoe that wants to see all guns banned? This is such a wonderful answer to our problems. Lets make the illegal so criminals will be the only ones with them. For some reason I really do not think those who commit crimes using a gun, really care if they are legal or not.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:54 PM

19,894 posts, read 17,286,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
so are one of thsoe that wants to see all guns banned? This is such a wonderful answer to our problems. Lets make the illegal so criminals will be the only ones with them. For some reason I really do not think those who commit crimes using a gun, really care if they are legal or not.

Take guns aways, make laws tougher, is not the whole answer here. Criminals, don't care if they are legal or not.

Criminals are criminals for a reason. What about the prolbems with those who are mental, and not getting help they need. Or trying to receive help, and getting absolutely no where.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:54 PM

12,229 posts, read 17,303,102 times
I feel sorry for those shot but people have to exercise common sense ESPECIALLY with all the recent newsreports regarding shootings and robberies.

Why in the world would they meet in a parking lot and then allow him to get in the car? Not blaming them but we all know there's crazy folks out there; gotta protect yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies