Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2012, 11:08 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Only if they wear black uniforms with swastika armbands, change America's motto from "Land of the Free" to "Tyrannical Dictatorship", and make it mandatory that companies have to print the U.S. Constitution on every roll of toilet paper sold in the nation.

Oh, and I am a Canadian, by the way.
You're more American than ANY of these twits...

Semper Fi~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 11:16 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
NO, they have to have a search warrant.
Not anymore thanks to Obama and NDAA. They don't even need a reason.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
How else are we libs, and our dear leader, going to confiscate guns and then behead all the unwashed righties?
The original Buster Keaton was much funnier.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:19 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Not anymore thanks to Obama and NDAA. They don't even need a reason.
I love it when the people who voted for the man don't even know what they voted for.

Many still don't have the brains to figure it out.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Is President Obama considering doing this?

I seem to recall a leader who authorized such action against the people whom elected him.

I think his last name was Hitler.

Godwin's Law doesn't apply if I bring it up first.
It is instructive that they didn't always do it that way. In the beginning the Gestapo came and knocked on the door in the night. They took the families away with as little notice and commotion as possible and the people were simply never seen again. Today, such a tactic would be even easier since the government essentialy knows exactly where everyone is at any given moment, and neighbors often don't even know who lives next to them, or care. Read up on NDAA.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:37 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,099,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The country would be much more free without the guns. Any Canadian with a lick of sense should know that.
You speak as if Canada is gun-free. Obviously, you should do more research on the topic being discussed before posting your ill-informed opinions for the public to ridicule. Ruger Mini-14 rifles have the same ROF and use the same .223 calibre cartriges as the Bushmaster AR-15, and are freely available to any law-abiding Canadian who demonstrates a basic understanding of firearms safety and applies for a Possession-Acquisition license. Hell, a Glock 9mm pistol is also freely available to any law-abiding Candian who demonstrates a basic knowledge of handgun safety, joins a gun club and applies for a restricted firearms designation for his PAL. Any Canadian with a lick of sense about Canadian firearms regulations should know that.

BTW: If you actually had the cognitive abilities to understand what I originally posted, you would realize my sentiments were based on something far deeper then simple gun control. Based on your reply however, I doubt you would get it if I explained it to you with picture illustrations.

It was called "Kristallnacht". Look into it.

Last edited by Annuvin; 12-20-2012 at 12:59 AM..

Old 12-20-2012, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
You're more American than ANY of these twits...

Semper Fi~
Thank you. Coming from a Marine, that is possibly the greatest compliment you could bestow on me.

BTW: My father served in the U.S. Army from '62 to '65 so I have a deep respect for the freedoms people like you and him stand on guard to protect every day.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:23 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,161,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
SWAT officer killed after L.A. standoff - US news - Crime & courts | NBC News

This is one lone gunman barricading himself in the house and managing to take one SWAT member with him. Now imagine these door to door raids across millions of homes. Gun owners don't need to 'win' to win. If one gun owner were just to manage to kill one SWAT member on a raid, the system would collapse very quickly. There are far more gunowners willing to defend their rights than there are swat members.
I'm guessing there are about 10,000 such revolutionary types who would actually fight. Whatever the number, it's way less than you think it is. Lots of people like to talk big but when the shots start, their hands will go up like they were attached to balloons.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I'm guessing there are about 10,000 such revolutionary types who would actually fight. Whatever the number, it's way less than you think it is. Lots of people like to talk big but when the shots start, their hands will go up like they were attached to balloons.
Then why stop at simple firearms? If it really is that easy to search American homes without warrant nor just cause, we could also instruct the cops to weed out drug users, sexual deviants, political extremists and every other type of undesirable during these raids. Once we have them all in custody, we'll just need to build a big encampment in the desert to hold them in...

Old 12-20-2012, 06:00 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
First you get the 2nd Amendment repealed and pass some sweeping new firearms laws. After that is done you make it a felony to be in possession of these guns. The law abiding citizens will turn them in, I would say the vast majority would give them right up. Then you offer big rewards for tips on illegal guns and you search homes with warrants and you put the arrests on national TV. After that another significant amount of people would give up their guns on an amnesty program.

I'm not saying that is what we should do, but that is what we could do.

Exactly what was done by Hitler.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies