U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 12:39 AM

9,892 posts, read 7,223,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post

I'm sorry but even a father in shock doesn't laugh and joke around when his daughter died 2 days before.

I haven't gotten through all your "stuff", but that father is clearly distraught.
His reach out to the family of the killer is understandable because he has deep faith.
No different than the reaction of the Amish, after that shooting in 2006; one of
forgiveness and love.

Any joking you see is misinterpreted - it's a way folks deal with extreme pain.

The video made me cry.
Rate this post positively

Old 12-20-2012, 12:47 AM

12,373 posts, read 8,270,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I can't tell the next man how and when he should grieve.....

But can we not throw the baby out with the bathwater here??? The guy clearly gets into character for the rolling camera!!

Now, this doesn't mean he didn't love his daughter and it does not mean he wasn't a good father...But can we question a human who rushes to the camera in what should be a tragedy that would change most humans life for the worst, forever? I think it stands for something that none of the other parents didn't take center stage. This guy is apparently some kind of iceberg.

At the absolute minimum this shows nothing more than how our MSM is full of self-serving scumbags.
Other parents have done interviews. He just happened to be the first and he did it, as he said in the beginning, to cut down on the phone calls he'd been getting...let everyone know at one time how they were doing so people would back off calling. I don't think you have a clue what an iceberg is because this man clearly was under stress but determined to get through his speech. Everyone grieves in their own way and in their own time. It's absolutely unforgivable for people like you to stand in judgement of this man or any of the other parents of those children who died.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:48 AM

1,169 posts, read 1,346,348 times
I'm not claiming anything with this information. I'm simply pointing out inconsistencies and strange happenings.

You can't sit there and tell me what to post and what not to post. I'm not violating any forum guidelines. You are by trolling and personal attacks. I'll attempt reporting but I really don't expect anything to be done about it.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:56 AM

7,359 posts, read 4,922,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I can't tell the next man how and when he should grieve.....

But can we not throw the baby out with the bathwater here??? The guy clearly gets into character for the rolling camera!!

Now, this doesn't mean he didn't love his daughter and it does not mean he wasn't a good father...But can we question a human who rushes to the camera in what should be a tragedy that would change most humans life for the worst, forever? I think it stands for something that none of the other parents didn't take center stage. This guy is apparently some kind of iceberg.

At the absolute minimum this shows nothing more than how our MSM is full of self-serving scumbags.
I think that's judging too quickly and harshly. I saw a video of Clinton leaving a funeral where he's smiling and laughing, then looks at the camera, and then starts wiping away tears. Now that was obviously faking grief for the camera. But this situation could easily be very different. A father is remembering some happy time with his child or something cute/funny about her as he walks up to the camera and then the enormity of having speak about her death hits him. I've seen many interviews of people who have lost loved ones who go from crying to laughing to crying within moments as they alternately focus on the death and then suddenly remember something good about the person and then shift back to speaking about their grief.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:05 AM

32,439 posts, read 35,833,113 times
I wrote something on the first day about how reporting errors, when corrected, would morph into conspiracy theories.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:05 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,298,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I think that's judging too quickly and harshly. I saw a video of Clinton leaving a funeral where he's smiling and laughing, then looks at the camera, and then starts wiping away tears. Now that was obviously faking grief for the camera. But this situation could easily be very different. A father is remembering some happy time with his child or something cute/funny about her as he walks up to the camera and then the enormity of having speak about her death hits him. I've seen many interviews of people who have lost loved ones who go from crying to laughing to crying within moments as they alternately focus on the death and then suddenly remember something good about the person and then shift back to speaking about their grief.
It just left a bad taste in my mouth. I do have a dog in this fight as I am the father of a 9, 8 and a 3 year old. So this issue resonates with me and initially I couldn't begin to imagine how the man felt.

But when do we engage in critical thought? It was a bad decision, IMO. Give it some time for the raw emotions and sensationalism to wear off and give your daughter a proper tribute. But that's just me.

And I think most of the other parents are in agreement with me because none of them took to the podium. It angers me a little bit at the thought of the station coaching him before going on air. It wreaks of celebrity to me. I hate to say it.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:10 AM

29,409 posts, read 19,815,572 times
I look at it as until you you walk in the shoes of someone who goes through a tragedy like this best to just give them the benefit of the doubt. Some "celebrate" their life or the time they had. Some are so distraught they can't function for a few months. Yes and the media shoving microphones in everybody's face doesn't help matters at all.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:32 AM

The dad's reaction aside, will anyone comment on the coincidences?

Old 12-20-2012, 02:49 AM

Truth is treason in the empire of lies.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:36 AM

19,895 posts, read 16,712,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Other parents have done interviews. He just happened to be the first and he did it, as he said in the beginning, to cut down on the phone calls he'd been getting...let everyone know at one time how they were doing so people would back off calling. I don't think you have a clue what an iceberg is because this man clearly was under stress but determined to get through his speech. Everyone grieves in their own way and in their own time. It's absolutely unforgivable for people like you to stand in judgement of this man or any of the other parents of those children who died.
On this i have to agree with you. So easy to sit in judgement of others, until you walk those same exact shoes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.