Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 09:04 PM

169 posts, read 113,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Link?
Go look it up.....I'm not here to do your work for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 04:44 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwennie View Post
No....not under Bush/Clinton. obama pushed that one through. Doesn't matter.....it's just one example of what ridiculous things we're spending money on unnecessarily, but hey, what's a few million dollars. I'm sick of both parties and how they continue to tear this country apart. We need a third party, just not sure how to go about getting one started much less make them viable for elections.....so much money is tied up in keeping the status quo.
You are incorrect Gwennie. Obama did not 'push that one through'. Sorry. Put your blame on the free phone somewhere else and don't believe everything you hear on Fox.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You are incorrect Gwennie. Obama did not 'push that one through'. Sorry. Put your blame on the free phone somewhere else and don't believe everything you hear on Fox.

Sorry....but you can't cover for your almighty obama using propaganda. The phones occurred on his watch. Deal with it.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Sorry....but you can't cover for your almighty obama using propaganda. The phones occurred on his watch. Deal with it.
How does one deal with a fallacy that you insist is real? YOU are the one using propaganda ~ probably what you read on FB perhaps. I can show you a hundred sources that says it is false. Your repetition of what you believe is true - does not make it true.

But, I tire of arguing with someone who obviously does not have a clue.

Bye. Welcome to my ignore feature.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
How does one deal with a fallacy that you insist is real? YOU are the one using propaganda ~ probably what you read on FB perhaps. I can show you a hundred sources that says it is false. Your repetition of what you believe is true - does not make it true.

But, I tire of arguing with someone who obviously does not have a clue.

Bye. Welcome to my ignore feature.
Good....glad to hear it. Nice to know that you have become aware that pushing your liberal crap isn't going to be bought by everyone.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:01 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,307,942 times
Both parties are acting idiots by holding the country hostage.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:05 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Go look it up.....I'm not here to do your work for you.
Yeah, because you are wrong!!!!

Old 12-27-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Amen Sister!

Allow me, Donna:

PolitiFact | Adam Putnam: Obama campaign gives free cell phones to supporters

The Myth of the 'Obama Phone' - ABC News

Crazy For "Obama Phones" - But Are They For Real? - Forbes

I could go on but . . . . must get back to work.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:16 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Maybe most House members realized this plan would have no chance of passing the Senate so decided not to bother passing it?

Lets see Dems plan including details on their recommended cuts to entitlement programs and see if you are happy with them.

Our problems are so big that everyone will wind up paying more in taxes and there will be substantial cuts in govt programs. Both parties are just spewing BS right now.
So let me get this straight: you think the Republican House of Representatives didnt pass a tax of millionaires (plan B) because the Senate wouldn't pass it? If anything, they should have passed it just to put the ball in their court, but they couldn't even agree to do the obvious. Boehner tried to do a bargaining trick because he thought he had the votes to pass Plan B and it blew up in his face. Absolute incompetence!

By the way, as a liberal, I'm more than happy to see changes to entitlement programs! We are obviously living a lot longer than when Social Security and Medicare were created. I have no problem with raising the eligibility age by 2-4 years. I also have no problems with "means testing" which essentially makes your taxes which pay for these programs a progressive tax. Those 2 changes alone would save trillions. BRING IT ON!

Last edited by logline; 12-28-2012 at 11:25 AM..

Old 12-28-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:

Um......NO. Go sell your leftist propaganda somewhere else.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies