Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be mandated that citizens wear seat belts?
Yes 63 49.61%
No 64 50.39%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 11:22 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,122,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yep, i have driven in Chicago and looking forward to one day living there.
Very cool. It's still a great city. Wishing you luck with the move.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:29 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,167,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Very cool. It's still a great city. Wishing you luck with the move.
It is years away, probably 5-7 years, but I am sure there will be an enforced seat belt law when I get there.

Old 01-12-2013, 01:31 PM

5 posts, read 2,896 times
Quote:
It is years away, probably 5-7 years, but I am sure there will be an enforced seat belt law when I get there.
Why are you still trying to shove that down the throats of America? You do realize that prohibition was once popular right? America will wake up to this steaming pile too. As far as seat belts make anything like hospitals less expensive is ridiculous the real cost comes from the people who cause the accidents and their insurance should pay but if the victim is not buckled up then that bill could become a loss for the hospital. However if there were no seatbelt law tying the hands of the victim then the true cause of the problem would be held responsible. It is awareness of seat belts that encourages us to wear them Laws to say children must wear them are great because then we learn to chose to wear them as adults. I always wear mine and always will it is simply offensive to have it forced on me though. I will never stop fighting against not just this law but all unjust laws like it that protect the criminal and punish the Innocent victim.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Ha ha...I'll walk you to the police headquarters. You tell them you want them to start enforcing the seat belt law more. They'll tell you to get lost ha ha. They've got real issues to deal with.

A lesson for you when you move. Mind your own business.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captian_America View Post
Why are you still trying to shove that down the throats of America? You do realize that prohibition was once popular right? America will wake up to this steaming pile too. As far as seat belts make anything like hospitals less expensive is ridiculous the real cost comes from the people who cause the accidents and their insurance should pay but if the victim is not buckled up then that bill could become a loss for the hospital. However if there were no seatbelt law tying the hands of the victim then the true cause of the problem would be held responsible. It is awareness of seat belts that encourages us to wear them Laws to say children must wear them are great because then we learn to chose to wear them as adults. I always wear mine and always will it is simply offensive to have it forced on me though. I will never stop fighting against not just this law but all unjust laws like it that protect the criminal and punish the Innocent victim.
Some people just don't get it. It's kind of like the prohibition group.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Ha ha...I'll walk you to the police headquarters. You tell them you want them to start enforcing the seat belt law more. They'll tell you to get lost ha ha. They've got real issues to deal with.

A lesson for you when you move. Mind your own business.
Why would I want to work for the police? Supporting the seat belt law doesn't mean I want to do the job of enforcing. I support putting out fires but that doesn't mean i want to be a firefighter.

Actually by the time I am planning to move there I am hoping to get into buying small apartment buildings and running a small landlord business and eventually evolve it into a small developer business.

But if you want you can march into the police office and tell them you never wear your seat belt and yiu think they should stop pulling people over for that and they too will probably tell you to get lost.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Some people just don't get it. It's kind of like the prohibition group.
I have no interest in banning driving, just having laws that increases safe driving.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:30 AM

I urge all American citizens to start audio recording all traffic stops from police officers. Notify the officer before you begin recording, but record the conversation to protect your rights and to protect yourself from lies that might be used against you in court at a later date.

If an officer pulls you over for not wearing a seat belt, make sure to thoroughly interrogate the officer as to how he saw that you weren't wearing a seat belt. If the officer stopped you at night, fight the case, it should get thrown out. If it is during the day, make sure to get the officer's statement of HOW he saw you not wearing your seat belt.

There's not much that can be done to fight a seat belt case in court, but if you can get the officer to give his testimony on the spot, via audio recorder, then you have a much better shot at beating the case.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
I urge all American citizens to start audio recording all traffic stops from police officers. Notify the officer before you begin recording, but record the conversation to protect your rights and to protect yourself from lies that might be used against you in court at a later date.

If an officer pulls you over for not wearing a seat belt, make sure to thoroughly interrogate the officer as to how he saw that you weren't wearing a seat belt. If the officer stopped you at night, fight the case, it should get thrown out. If it is during the day, make sure to get the officer's statement of HOW he saw you not wearing your seat belt.

There's not much that can be done to fight a seat belt case in court, but if you can get the officer to give his testimony on the spot, via audio recorder, then you have a much better shot at beating the case.
Or you can just wear your west belt when you are driving....

Old 01-15-2013, 08:57 AM

There are multiple apps on the market currently that will help you deal with police abuse of power and malpractice. I specifically urge black males to use these apps to report harassment over trivial offenses. Later in the year there will be a nationwide support system and media outlet to aid citizens who feel they have been abused by our government.

It is time to take back control of our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies